The All-Purpose Rugby Thread (League and Union): Champions Cup Semi-Finals on Today

Kick off in a few minutes, particularly excited to see how Matt Parcell gets on for Leeds. He's too good of a player to be in Super League at only 24 surely.

Leeds all over St Helens, looks really good so far but a lot of it is St Helens mistakes.

That was a crazy game there between Ulster and Edinburgh, an incredible first half where we played some really good rugby and got a bonus point try (after conceding very early on), followed by an equally incredible second for very different reasons, because we almost managed to throw the game away in typical Ulster fashion. Lots of positives, Piutau was class as usual (picked up an injury which I hope isn't serious), Coetzee looked brilliant in his debut as well considering he's coming back from a serious injury and the rest of the forwards really seemed to pick up their intensity to match his. Peter Nelson also played pretty well on his return from injury and incredibly, even Paul Marshall played well. But the game management was horrendous...really didn't make it easy at the end of the second half.

Here's the four Ulster tries, all were great:

@Shamrocker

Catching up on a bit of Brisbane 10s now, have to say I already like it more than 7s. 7s is cool and all, definitely fun to watch, but it feels too different from proper union whereas with 10s you can still have proper forwards and things. Good mix of attack and defence.

Wales look dodgy when you make metres ball in hand, just a couple of mistakes from England though

That was coming. Thought it might be crossing though :p

Unbelievable

fantastic game tho

Congrats to England

Man wtf was that kick :eek: Needed to go in to touch, but ah well, great game. Ben Te'o is a fucking unit, always been great when he played for Leinster.

Damn couldn't watch today. Think I'll avoid all Irelands games now! Was it as much a demolition as the score suggests?

Back