The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

It's official, Raikonnen is leaving Ferrari to go to Sauber.

It's official, Raikonnen is leaving Ferrari to go to Sauber.
Yep. Leclerc is a talent. Should be fun being a pawn for seb. Or maybe he does what danny ric did at red bull. Outdrives the champ.

wow, that's amazing. kind of surprised Kimi isn't just retiring.

I suspect Kimi is old school and lives to drive. He could be a big help to a team that wants to improve their cars.

Yep. Leclerc is a talent. Should be fun being a pawn for seb. Or maybe he does what danny ric did at red bull. Outdrives the champ.

Seb won't like that at all.

He liked Kimi because Kimi knew his role.. He was the #2 and accepted it. He doesn't like challengers, everything about the team is driven towards him winning the drivers' championship (see Danny Ric).

I like Seb, but man he can be a sook

Seb won't like that at all.

He liked Kimi because Kimi knew his role.. He was the #2 and accepted it. He doesn't like challengers, everything about the team is driven towards him winning the drivers' championship (see Danny Ric).

I like Seb, but man he can be a sook
We have seen that twice in the last race. After quali (we talk after) and after the race (i guess kimi is allowed to win).

I suspect Kimi is old school and lives to drive. He could be a big help to a team that wants to improve their cars.
Jacques was like that when he went to BAR. He was driving hard and having dnf’s and button was finishing races. Jacques was saying he has to drive hard to develop the car, driving just to finish out of the points isnt gonna help much.

We have seen that twice in the last race. After quali (we talk after) and after the race (i guess kimi is allowed to win).

To be fair to the guy, as it stands today, the driver focus should be on him but he really should keep those behind closed doors.

vettel feels the need to air dirty laundry so to speak.
agreed, keep it within the team behind closed doors.
he's easily accepted as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time.
don't tarnish it with some egomania indulgences.

To be fair to the guy, as it stands today, the driver focus should be on him but he really should keep those behind closed doors.
Can say the same thing about lewis. And merc are finally giving him number one driver status. It was just last year that he was in a fight for the title and he gave bottas a place back. Ever see seb or schumi do that?

Multi21

vettel feels the need to air dirty laundry so to speak.
agreed, keep it within the team behind closed doors.
he's easily accepted as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time.
don't tarnish it with some egomania indulgences.

I think in these highly individual sports you need a fair bit of ego to be successful

well of course you do.
senna had it
prost had it
lauda had it.
schumi, the whole lot.

Can say the same thing about lewis. And merc are finally giving him number one driver status. It was just last year that he was in a fight for the title and he gave bottas a place back. Ever see seb or schumi do that?

Multi21

I think Lewis is a bit of a prick too in general but on the track, that man just wants to race. Like even in the times this year when his team let him down with tactics (the two VSC miscalculations this year), he's been obviously disappointed on the radio but he kept pushing. That I can respect of the man.

Lol, I recall Schumi/Ferrari did a switch with Rubens in a race on the final corner... It was almost 3/4 through the season and a car that wasn't painted red hadn't had a sniff of second place, let alone first all year.

well of course you do.
senna had it
prost had it
lauda had it.
schumi, the whole lot.

Guess I'm just saying Seb needs it too. There's no legacy as such without the egomaniacal indulgences.

I dunno why, but the thing that annoys me the most about him is "razzie garazzie"

I think Lewis is a bit of a prick too in general but on the track, that man just wants to race. Like even in the times this year when his team let him down with tactics (the two VSC miscalculations this year), he's been obviously disappointed on the radio but he kept pushing. That I can respect of the man.

Lol, I recall Schumi/Ferrari did a switch with Rubens in a race on the final corner... It was almost 3/4 through the season and a car that wasn't painted red hadn't had a sniff of second place, let alone first all year.

I still feel that Mercedes gave Rosberg the championship to keep him on the team only to have him retire early. Hamilton had several failures that season when no other Mercedes were having problems.

I still feel that Mercedes gave Rosberg the championship to keep him on the team only to have him retire early. Hamilton had several failures that season when no other Mercedes were having problems.

Don't know about "giving" Nico the title... But it was unfortunate that Lewis had those gremlins in his car. In saying that, Lewis didn't exactly endear himself at Abu Dhabi when he pretty much shut off his team radio and just kept on backing traffic into Nico. In saying that, I probably would've done the same if I was in his position

Back