The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

Ricciardo slowing noticeably with some kind of power problem. Looks like Bottas on Supersoft tires might be the only car that can make it to the end on tires with one stop.

Ricciardo manages to win despite the problem he was having. Everyone had to go pretty slow to avoid having to pit for tires a second time.

They should put drivers in 1985 cars. Of course modern cars are much better but it doesn't make for very good racing.

Formula One decided to widen the cars with narrow venues like Monaco. Even a much faster car can't pass if the driver wants to block.

The Indy rules are causing similar problems. The restarts are about the only chance to pass and they took away so much downforce that it's very difficult to balance the cars on oval tracks. So many cars just snapped loose today. All of the drivers had similar comments. They didn't really know what happened.

This showed how far apart the big three are from the rest of the pack. Verstappen starts 20th and ends up 9th on a track with almost zero passing

From what I've seen, Danny Ric had a hell of a drive to nurse his car to the end let alone to a win. We can laud him all we want (and he deserves it) but is it really racing if a severely compromised car doesn't get passed for half the race?

Poor Hartley still can't catch a break...

From what I've seen, Danny Ric had a hell of a drive to nurse his car to the end let alone to a win. We can laud him all we want (and he deserves it) but is it really racing if a severely compromised car doesn't get passed for half the race?

Poor Hartley still can't catch a break...

Yes, Hartley gets run over when the rookies brakes fail. I still don't know what went wrong with Ricciardo. They were talking like he might have lost a gear in the transmission but during the race, the radio traffic sounded like he was down on power.

Meanwhile, the Coke 600 is about to start and Faux has transmission problems. I tried to go online but they have problems there too. The stream keeps locking up.

ABC with their last Indy 500 broadcast. How difficult is it to set up cameras around the track to cover all of it? Most of the crashes they only had coverage well before and well after the place on the track where it happened.

Yes, Hartley gets run over when the rookies brakes fail. I still don't know what went wrong with Ricciardo. They were talking like he might have lost a gear in the transmission but during the race, the radio traffic sounded like he was down on power.

Meanwhile, the Coke 600 is about to start and Faux has transmission problems. I tried to go online but they have problems there too. The stream keeps locking up.

ABC with their last Indy 500 broadcast. How difficult is it to set up cameras around the track to cover all of it? Most of the crashes they only had coverage well before and well after the place on the track where it happened.

Unfortunately for Hartley, he's going to be unemployed soon I think. Sounds like he might've had enough pace to challenge for a point but with Gasly usually a couple of spots above him... Red Bull are save with the junior drivers. I think he'll make coin as a test/reserve driver. With his experience, he seems to give constructive feedback on the cars as opposed to the general "This is BS! It just blew up".

His other greatest strength (I guess from his WEC years) has been his ability to finish races and get his car to the end which has not been happening as much this year. But the lack of pace in lieu of finish is also going to catch up to him IMO.

In the summary I read this morning Danny Ric lost about 20% power and 2 gears. MGU-H gave up and said "No mas"

imgur2.gif

That looks like so much fun.

I was able to watch the live feed from Kevin Harvick's car. He started at the back of the field and was running in 4th, about to pass Kyle Larson when his left front tire went down and he hit the wall. He drove it straight to the garage so he's out.

I was able to watch the live feed from Kevin Harvick's car. He started at the back of the field and was running in 4th, about to pass Kyle Larson when his left front tire went down and he hit the wall. He drove it straight to the garage so he's out.

He definitely would've challenged Kyle. Busch has now won on every track he's competed at. That's impressive.

I'd maybe give it a go in VR in something lol.

Not sure how they fit on the bikes with balls that big in fairness.

I'd like to give it a go in real life, but my balls are not that large sir.

Back