The All-Encompassing Vitamin D Thread

Nice. It would be good to wake up to one of them really early. Might help your sleep patterns

A bump from a thread that started in 2008, this will get me killed by a Sherdog Ninja.

This thread has a lot of articles from 2008, is Vitamine D3 still as good as the articles and science back then stated?

I've been supplementing 5000iu vitamin d 5 days a week for over a year now. I live in the PNW.
Is this too much? should i just take 3 days of the week?
this past winter season has also been the most I've ever been sick, but I think its like that everywhere in the U.S.

For the first time I can remember in my entire life, I have not gotten sick this winter. I have been supplementing with 5000iu of vit D every other day since october.

I've been supplementing 5000iu vitamin d 5 days a week for over a year now. I live in the PNW.
Is this too much? should i just take 3 days of the week?
this past winter season has also been the most I've ever been sick, but I think its like that everywhere in the U.S.

Get your blood work done. 25-OHD.

my goal is to hit 70 ng/ml. gonna do it all by tanning bed cuz i work in an office 8 to 6 atm.
tendency for low vit d runs on both sides of my family

What a coincidence I was just thinking about this thread. One question though. I know vitamin A and D compete for the same receptors. Which why Vitamin A can affect the absorption of Vit D3. Only will someone PLEASE explain to me why MOST of the foods that have vitamin D also contain some amounts of retiniol vitamin A? Ex Eggs and Milk?????

Check out the Weston A Price site. They have a couple of articles on vitamin A and D and how they supposedly work in unison.

Not sure how credible the source is though.

so i went to the doc for fatigue and she sent a Vitamin D level

mine was 13 with a reference range of [38-100] apparently

so I gotta supplement for 8 weeks before they test my levels with 50,000 IUs once a week or something

gotta drink more milk and supplement now I guess, I had been takin a Vitamin D last year but I stopped,

wont make that mistake again, especially in the winter

I think supplementing is good, but it's not the same as getting sun exposure. Go outside!

youre right, its just hard when you gotta work all day,

and when u do get out (more often times than not) its raining or snowing lol

wow thats a pretty convincing study. Its weird bc anecdotally, I definitely feel better when taking vit D. I literally have not gotten a cold since I've been supplementing regularly, and having asthma, I would usually get bad URTI once a year.

Maybe I have just always been deficient and now I'm not? Since the study didn't measure the effect on someone with a vit D deficiency that's all I can assume.

Back