The All-Encompassing Vitamin D Thread

When i started to take a 1000 IU tablet of Vitamin D on top of my multi vitamin I have more energy I have been finding that I feel better and recover a bit faster. I have not been getting sick since I started taking it (5 months ago). I'm not sure if these phenomenons are caused by Vitamin D or Fish Oil (I started taking both simultaneously).

As a correlation - Would cOQ10 also help me with BJJ training?

When i started to take a 1000 IU tablet of Vitamin D on top of my multi vitamin I have more energy I have been finding that I feel better and recover a bit faster. I have not been getting sick since I started taking it (5 months ago). I'm not sure if these phenomenons are caused by Vitamin D or Fish Oil (I started taking both simultaneously).

As a correlation - Would cOQ10 also help me with BJJ training?

CoQ10 helps with heart function, and supposedly, the lower the dosage, the more gets absorbed. I used to get chest pains almost every day, I'm guessing from not handling my stress properly and keeping a lot of stuff in. I was concerned so went to a doc and had some tests done. he said he thought it was just muscular and not the sign of an impending heart attack or anything. Well...I don't exactly trust doctors anymore, so I started taking coQ10 and my chest pains now only happen once in awhile and nowhere near the frequency they used to. I'm still playing around with dosages to see which one keeps them at bay the longest. Right now I'm taking 30mg a day. I've read good things about it in regards to heart function, it's not that expensive, so for me...it's worth it to take it. It certainly isn't going to hurt me and I have seen noticeable results. I used to take an aspirin when I felt the pain coming on just in case, but now I don't have to do that.

Seems to me like you should work on having less stress in your life instead of relying on a supplement?

Seems to me like you should work on having less stress in your life instead of relying on a supplement?

Well for like $10 for 2 months supply, I'm not going to take those risks. I'm guessing it's stress, people have it, you can't really avoid it. You may think you're managing and not be. besides, coq10 does a lot of good things for the body, so I'd take it regardless, but I'd be stupid to stop taking it after seeing a marked improvement.

I just thought I'd let you fine gentlemen know, that because of the grand information in this thread, I've started standing completely naked in my back yard for 45 minutes a day. Screw the neighbors and their decency.

I just thought I'd let you fine gentlemen know, that because of the grand information in this thread, I've started standing completely naked in my back yard for 45 minutes a day. Screw the neighbors and their decency.

Is it cold out?

I've always wondered what it would be like to get sunburnt on the penis

So I just read through all 31 pages. There's tons of great studies in here, but almost no anecdotal evidence. So I'm curious, who has noticed some benefits from this? You started taking it and what happened?

I just got back from central america and my energy levels were through the roof down there despite a poor diet. I'm betting the fact that I was outside constantly was a big factor. Now that I'm home I feel like shit and am sleeping bad. There are tons of other factors that go into it but I'm about to start supplementing with vitamin D (since its cold as fuck out) I hope I see some tangible benefit.

So I just read through all 31 pages. There's tons of great studies in here, but almost no anecdotal evidence. So I'm curious, who has noticed some benefits from this? You started taking it and what happened?

I just got back from central america and my energy levels were through the roof down there despite a poor diet. I'm betting the fact that I was outside constantly was a big factor. Now that I'm home I feel like shit and am sleeping bad. There are tons of other factors that go into it but I'm about to start supplementing with vitamin D (since its cold as fuck out) I hope I see some tangible benefit.

I'm on 5000iu daily for 2 years now. Noticeable benefits: zero cold symptoms. Haven't got rickets.

also on 5000iu daily here for about 6 months, most noticeable changes?
1: i no longer get a stuffed up/runny nose every single night before I go to bed (being able to breath helps me sleep a lot, and no more post nasal drip= way less sore throats in the morning/upset stomach)
2: I get sick way less (I used to be sick every other week all fall/winter and get strep throat once a year, so far nothing worse than a 1 day fever/cold has happened since I started)

note: been taking Mg in ZMA since I started D (mg is a main co-factor?)

also on 5000iu daily here for about 6 months, most noticeable changes?
1: i no longer get a stuffed up/runny nose every single night before I go to bed (being able to breath helps me sleep a lot, and no more post nasal drip= way less sore throats in the morning/upset stomach)

This is pretty interesting and a benefit I hadn't read about. I've been blowing my nose way too often (as opposed to not at all) since I got home from Central America, I wonder if vitamin D might be the problem. It feels like its disrupted my sleep. Going to test when my Vitamin D comes in.

I supplement religiously 4000-6000iu of Vit D daily, and have also been taking Magnesium/Zinc and sleeping at LEAST 8.5 hours a night. I came down with a head cold 2 days ago, same symptoms as ever. Hoping it goes away rather than lingers around like would normally happen, but right now my whole worldview is shattered. I was really counting on Vitamin D being a 100% works every time solution to everything.

This is interesting. I found that taking Vitamin D3 combined with Cherry Active, really helped to aid my recovery last year after losing a large section of my lung due to complications of pneumonia. Hope you guy's find it interesting...

YouTube - Gabriele St

I supplement religiously 4000-6000iu of Vit D daily, and have also been taking Magnesium/Zinc and sleeping at LEAST 8.5 hours a night. I came down with a head cold 2 days ago, same symptoms as ever. Hoping it goes away rather than lingers around like would normally happen, but right now my whole worldview is shattered. I was really counting on Vitamin D being a 100% works every time solution to everything.

TBT, I still get colds and the occassional flu even though I take Vitamin D. But I still take it because of it's supposed cancer preventing benefits etc.

Weston A. Price gave this a right seeing-to last week:

Is Vitamin D safe?

Masterjohn writes fairly solid stuff; that being said, I'm extremely wary of WAPF material. They are notoriously defensive about CLO, and that has come out since Dr Cannell's study on Vitamin A being atagonistic to vitamin D. It's also eveident in some of the material regarding over-consumption of O3s.

Trying to take away a WAPF'ers CLO is akin to taking away vodka from a chronic alcoholic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back