The Agony of MMA

yeah and thats why its the best sport in the world to me. when there is a big fight to me, my heart is fucking racing and sometimes i feel im about to have a heart attack. imagine being in that cage.

heh, bro, who dyou get most hyped for

i always get most hyped for dc, i think its a lot to do with how he always looks so small compared to his opponents. seems impossible for him to win xD

Watching the evolution of WMMA champs in the bantamweight division was pretty cool, WMMA still needs to go tho. I got a concussion in Football after a head on head collision and my head was ringing for 30minutes, It was complete hell. These warriors are incredibly tough, behind the scenes in the locker room have to be the most damning on how brutal and dangerous MMA combat is. I remember after the fight with Gus, you couldn't even recognize Jon backstage. How many of these guys seriously get a good night of sleep after their fights?
images

PS: Did Matt Brown really say "I'm Fine" at 3:45, he's even tougher than I thought he was holy sh!t.

i wonder what sort of meds they are allowed after a fight, i'd want ALL the painkillers

I thought this thread was going to be about Jon Fitch fights.

horrible music, good vid though. I haven't seen some of these overhead angles
Great video but the hipster folk pop cover of Linkin Park makes me want to drive off a cliff

I like the choice a lot personally, I found the stark contrast between its wispy tone and the brutal action compelling. But then I'm female so maybe my tolerance for that kind of music is naturally higher.

so fucking precise, you assume that at that point he was just flailing at his head but he was cracking his jaw with every shot

i find very few of these poignant in any way, a lot of the fighters featured are assholes imo

i find that rory clip very disturbing but at the same time he has owned what happened in that fight and i think all there is left is to appreciate his genuine warrior spirit. similarly holm tapping out to miesha, holm actually went out trying to throw punches, all that clip proves is she is a hell of a lot tougher than i'll ever be.

for some reason seeing matt brown get ko'd makes me feel bad

biggest mma feels video for me was one showing fighters who just murked each other, hugging each other afterwards and generally being bros to each other. some of the fighters featured had just been involved in some of the most shocking mma slaughter ive seen, and then you see them backstage hugging each other and talking to each other, its fucking insane to see. i guess when a guy takes all your best shots and keeps coming you gotta respect that mofo

The pic of KZ crying on Aldo's shoulder and Aldo comforting him after their fight always gets me

The pic of KZ crying on Aldo's shoulder and Aldo comforting him after their fight always gets me

shit man, never seen that

the aldo era was magnificent, i never watched it as it happens but when i went back through his fights, dayum

i wonder what sort of meds they are allowed after a fight, i'd want ALL the painkillers

I remember reading an article about Miocic post the Del Rosario fight, how he had taken two Percocets afterward, something he usually didn't do, and had the dry heaves because he'd taken them on an empty stomach...

Link to the peeps who made the music? Don't like this song, but I like their style.

I remember reading an article about Miocic post the Del Rosario fight, how he had taken two Percocets afterward, something he usually didn't do, and had the dry heaves because he'd taken them on an empty stomach...

thats interesting, ive always wondered about this.

i was in a taekwondo competition once, i really shouldnt have been, but i was. i was a noob and hadnt been doing it long but there was a lot of pressure in the clubs culture to go compete. because i was a noob with no clue, i totally smashed up my toes kicking the guy when all id ever kicked was those stupid floppy one handed kick pads. once the adrenaline died down afterwards my feet were killing me and i just went straight to an off license and got whisky. which didnt really help much : /

fucking trash music. Weidman leaking like a faucet gave me some more respect for the dude. Tough sob good lord Weidman bless

Not to derail the thread but the song/cover is so fucking trash whoever made the song should be banned from ever making anymore music. Whoever made.this video and put this song on the video should be slapped upside the fucking head. Holy shit I may be triggered. Fucking ass bag wanna musicians.

Last edited:
Dang! Rory and Weidman has some serious cuts

I’d be very curious to see some day-after vids and pics.
When the adrenaline wears off and those bruises stand out

When guys can barely get out of bed

The stitches and plastic surgery they need.

That’s the stuff you don’t see

Very affecting. Don't watch if you're maudlin from drinking.

These are the things you usually miss during the live shows, they go right to filming the winner, and usually just a short bit with the loser sitting or already gotten up, not following the process they go through immediately following a loss.

Not to derail the thread but the song/cover is so fucking trash whoever made the song should be banned from ever making anymore music. Whoever made.this video and put this song on the video should be slapped upside the fucking head. Holy ahit I may be triggered. Fucking ass bag wanna musicians.
They should have lifetime probation to never touch music again or be executed if they break it. That made my ears bleed.

Weidman seemed legit fine at the post fight presser. What a fucking tough bastard. Not even a fan of his but I respect talent and toughness and he has it in spades

Back