The Age of Women Wearing Scant Clothing For Other Women More Than Men?

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think in the last decade or likely even less, women wear what they wear to show off their physiques to other women more than men - almost like men showing off their buff physiques to other men in a display of dominance.

Given the sensitivity of the times regarding anything sexual (even leering looks), I get the feel that what I said is the case more and more today. Women go around very scantily clad - particularly at the gym which I attend nearly daily - not for men to pay attention, but to show off to other women.

And when you do get caught looking nowadays it seems more taboo (like you're committing some sort of assault) than before where it was quite normative and even desired, without a doubt.

Strange times.

Last edited:
I think in the last decade or likely even less, women wear what they wear to show off their physiques to other women more than men - almost like men showing off their buff physiques to other men in a display of dominance.
source

Women have always been fashionable for other women, not men.

Just my observations. But I think it's kind of true.
yeah but do you have anything to back up why you think women wear gym clothes at the gym to impress other ladies?

and not because that's how gym clothes look for women and it's comfortable?

yeah but do you have anything to back up why you think women wear gym clothes at the gym to impress other ladies?

and not because that's how gym clothes look for women and it's comfortable?

No I don't have any links. This is strictly by observation.

But actually, it's not just me, I get the sense that looks by even young men is sort of taboo and looks are stolen here and there. It's not the same freedom that existed 20 - 30 years ago.

But actually, it's not just me, I get the sense that looks by even young men is sort of taboo and looks are stolen here and there. It's not the same freedom that existed 20 - 30 years ago.
giphy.gif

But actually, it's not just me, I get the sense that looking by even young men is sort of taboo and looks are stolen here and there. It's not the same freedom that existed 20 - 30 years ago.

I think we first need some more details on what you consider "looking".
I mean if you consider a stolen look here and there as somehow not enough.
What do you consider looking? Because for me everything more than a look here and there seems a bit inappropriate.

Do you have any opinion other than what you've contributed so far?
yeah that you need to stop worrying about what other people wear and that your theory on why women wear what they wear in this crazy new age is not based on facts but on your prejudices.

sorry but your ideas are a bit fuzzy.

to be honest, it sounds like you stare at women in the gym and you're confused because they're creeped out?

I think we first need some more details on what you consider "looking".
I mean if you consider a stolen look here and there as somehow not enough.
What do you consider looking? Because for me everything more than a look here and there seems a bit inappropriate.

I'm actually very careful, so yeah, I'm not one to leer. I'm just saying there seems to be more of a sensitivity to any looks or notices nowadays. Back in the 80s and 90s women wanted you to look. So I get the sense that women want to appear in shape and are wearing what they wear as much or more to make other women/girls envious. That last word is the key as I see it more and more.

Back