"The achilles lock/staight ankle lock is just a pain submission"

The straight ankle lock is NOT just a pain move. I wrote out an article and filmed a video explaining how the ankle lock works.

The science of the straight ankle lock

Article where I explain the submission:

Article where I explain the difference between an ankle lock and achilles compression:

If you do it right, you're going to literally snap someone's ankle. So in a sense, yea, it is a pain submission because they will be in too much pain to do anything other than sob miserably as you either escape unharmed or beat the shit out of them with ease.

Why do so many people think this? I've even heard that people were taught that the move was just a pain sub, & not capeable of injuring in traditional schools.

I know this from an unfortunate personal experience not to be true.

I happened to lock one on a friend of mine during rolling, I began to apply torque, & in doing so I was looking away, not aware that he was tapping the floor.
We then heard a very audible pop.

He says he went to the doctor & was told that he had a fractured tibia
he wore an ace ankle brace for a while... so the move is defintely not just a pain sub.

so tap!

skip to 1:49

Put it
On me

There is a difference between attacking the foot and attacking the ankle. Most people attack the ankle, you should be attacking the bones on the feet.

There is a difference between attacking the foot and attacking the ankle. Most people attack the ankle, you should be attacking the bones on the feet.

Bones? The modern ankle locks twist the feet like a toe hold.

The way I do it you can definately hurt the foot and ankle of your opponent:

or course you can hurt someone with it...

For the heel hook I've heard that you extend the foot to it's max position and then you roll your wrist so that the ankle gets pushed forward and pops out of place.

Lock the toes in the armpit itself, get a good grip with the blade of the wrist and hold it high on the chest ala dean lister. Crank. You will snap shit. Its not just pain ive torn a few people from it.

Back