The 3 Horsemen of the WW Division

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There are 3 up and coming monsters in the WW division that are currently all ranked outside of the top 10, but are ready to take over. The problem is, no one has the stones to step in the cage with them.

1) Kamaru Usman
2) Colby Covington
3) Mike Perry

Usman and Colby are legit, high level NCAA grapplers. They have been ducked by some of the most highly regarded grapplers in the world, including RDA and Maia. They are a big reason Khabib would rather stay on the sidelines and/or kill himself to make weight rather than grapple with them.

What I love about elite NCAA wrestlers is that they expose the fakers. There are a lot of MMA grapplers like Khabib, DHK, Okami, Filho, Ronny Markes, Arona, Maia, RDA, etc that are dominant wrestlers compared to most oppnents, but get absolutely exposed when put in there with legit high level wrestlers.

Colby made DHK look helpless in there, and if it were Usman, he would have been put to sleep with high level boxing as well. Look what happens when you put Maia in with a real elite wrestler like Woodley. Look what happens with RDA and even a lower level, smaller wrestler in Clay Guida. Look what happens to Okami and Filho when it came to takedowns against a prime Sonnen. Khabib would meet the same fate against Colby or Usman.

The UFC needs to step in and force the top contenders to fight these guys. Woodley is the only guy who might be an issue but he is getting up there in age and will probably look old overnight considering he's a speed/athleticism fighter.

Chael's wins don't count while he was on TRT. Woodley is champ so if getting a title shot and losing is considered exposed then there should be no careers left when a fighter loses after a title shot. RDA has gotten much better since Guida.

What you're looking at is match ups. Some fighters are bad match ups for others.

Chael's wins don't count while he was on TRT. Woodley is champ so if getting a title shot and losing is considered exposed then there should be no careers left when a fighter loses after a title shot. RDA has gotten much better since Guida.

What you're looking at is match ups. Some fighters are bad match ups for others.

That's what I said, certain matchups expose the real level of their grappling. People watch Khabib ragdoll these guys and think he can do it to Usman and Covington. I'm obviously not suggesting Khabib/Maia/RDA are cans bro!

The 3 Horsemen can't get fights because they are bad matchups for their terrified potential oppnents.

Niko Price beats them all.

Last edited:
I'd pay bricks to see Usman and Covington. They're pretty much mirror images of each other. Only difference is one is more explosive.

I'd pay bricks to see Usman and Covington. They're pretty much mirror images of each other. Only difference is one is more explosive.
Just take sleeping pills, worth more.

Usman is a beast. Could be a future contender. And Platinum ... Don't even have to say.

That's what I said, certain matchups expose the real level of their grappling. People watch Khabib ragdoll these guys and think he can do it to Usman and Covington. I'm obviously not suggesting Khabib/Maia/RDA are cans bro!

The 3 Horsemen can't get fights because they are bad matchups for their terrified potential oppnents.

Expose Khabib how exactly? Okay, so Khabib won't ragdoll them but how is he exposed? He's still a great grappler regardless.

And how is Mike Perry an NCAA wrestler, or am i missing something?

I still don't know if Perry is actually good.

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

Aint Michael Johnson a NCAA wrestler as well? Khabib didn't have any issues ragdolling that guy.

But esspecially Usman is a big mofo, I can see Khabib having difficulties with him. As far as future contenders go at WW. I'm pretty sure Usman, Ponzi and Colby will be future contenders. Mike Perry I need to see more of, Jouban exposed him a bit imo.

There are 3 up and coming monsters in the WW division that are currently all ranked outside of the top 10, but are ready to take over. The problem is, no one has the stones to step in the cage with them.

1) Kamaru Usman
2) Colby Covington
3) Mike Perry

Usman and Colby are legit, high level NCAA grapplers. They have been ducked by some of the most highly regarded grapplers in the world, including RDA and Maia. They are a big reason Khabib would rather stay on the sidelines and/or kill himself to make weight rather than grapple with them.

What I love about elite NCAA wrestlers is that they expose the fakers. There are a lot of MMA grapplers like Khabib, DHK, Okami, Filho, Ronny Markes, Arona, Maia, RDA, etc that are dominant wrestlers compared to most oppnents, but get absolutely exposed when put in there with legit high level wrestlers.

Colby made DHK look helpless in there, and if it were Usman, he would have been put to sleep with high level boxing as well. Look what happens when you put Maia in with a real elite wrestler like Woodley. Look what happens with RDA and even a lower level, smaller wrestler in Clay Guida. Look what happens to Okami and Filho when it came to takedowns against a prime Sonnen. Khabib would meet the same fate against Colby or Usman.

The UFC needs to step in and force the top contenders to fight these guys. Woodley is the only guy who might be an issue but he is getting up there in age and will probably look old overnight considering he's a speed/athleticism fighter.

NCAA free style collegiate wrestlers are overrated. Chael did a great interview on the subject a few years ago where he talks about high credentialed wrestlers really not having the skillset to transfer to MMA. Alot of guys who win NCAA titles or Olympic medals never even score takedowns in their title matches. Its usually defensive points, etc.

Usman is an elite "ncaa level wrestler?"

When I think of ELITE NCAA wrestlers Kyle Dake comes to mind.

Other than that i think Usman and Colby are tough fights for anyone. I'd keep an eye on these guys because they're both game

The two Horsemen looked invincible tonight. I tried to warn you all what is coming.

NCAA free style collegiate wrestlers are overrated. Chael did a great interview on the subject a few years ago where he talks about high credentialed wrestlers really not having the skillset to transfer to MMA. Alot of guys who win NCAA titles or Olympic medals never even score takedowns in their title matches. Its usually defensive points, etc.

Yeah well Usman and Covington are translating the fuck out of their credentials. Jake Rosholt was a better wrestler than both of them, but they are much better MMA fighters.

Colby was terribly matchmaked against Maia next. Worst fight they could give him. Derail incoming.

Usman and Perry are awesome tho. Not world beaters but they are savages.

1) Kamaru Usman
2) Colby Covington
3) Mike Perry

You only put Perry on that list to farm some likes + hits for your thread

carry on, I like it.

Back