The 3 best places to knock somebody out!

Stephan Kesting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Here's a video I shot the other day explaining where the best places are to knock somebody out:

I'm not including the liver (or the groin) here, because although a good shot there makes you wish you were unconscious you're actually still very much awake.

cliff:
1) anywhere on the jaws
2) temple
3) side of neck

1.the bar parking lot

2.your ex wife's bedroom even though at the time it was your bedroom and your house so why would you knock or make extra noise when you come home early confused because you don't recognize the suburu in your drive way with a namaste sticker and yoga mats in the back so you walk in like usual and oh my god why Shannon why!??

3.the ring

I am at work and can't watch with sounds. Just watched it with the poor Youtube caption.

So, question: Anywhere in the jaw like hook or whatever or is uppercut the best? It sounded from the caption like you're saying it doesn't matter. My understanding is that the uppercut brings the shockwave up from the jaws into the brain.

Not so much shockwaves as it's the optimal spot to cause rotation that makes your brain smack into your skull.

Watch some KO reels you'll see hooks, uppercuts, jabs, straights, over hands, elbows, hammer fists from the mount, front snapping kicks and even teeps. Not so many roundhouses though cause of the difficulty in hitting the area. If you're lucky, might be some chi KOs too

I am at work and can't watch with sounds. Just watched it with the poor Youtube caption.

So, question: Anywhere in the jaw like hook or whatever or is uppercut the best? It sounded from the caption like you're saying it doesn't matter. My understanding is that the uppercut brings the shockwave up from the jaws into the brain.

The focus of this video was the target locations, and not the delivery system (i.e. what you're hitting those targets with).

That being said, while the efficacy of the uppercut is undeniably effective I don't know of any research or analyses showing whether you're better/worse off getting hit with a hook to the side of the jaw vs a cross to the front of the chin vs an uppercut to the bottom of the chin. That would be a hell of a research study to participate in... ('OK, stand here and try to stay conscious after this high-speed hydraulic ram slams into different parts of your jaw at different angles...')

If someone has looked at this using anecdotal or correlative data I would love to know about it!

1.the bar parking lot

2.your ex wife's bedroom even though at the time it was your bedroom and your house so why would you knock or make extra noise when you come home early confused because you don't recognize the suburu in your drive way with a namaste sticker and yoga mats in the back so you walk in like usual and oh my god why Shannon why!??

3.the ring
this.
I thought from the thread title it would be on teh streetz

Back