Social The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season (Harvey/Irma/Maria PBP)

Florida is certainly better prepared structurally, but no amount of building can stop all that rain water in such a short time.

Only God knows.

You wouldn't think it could be as bad as Houston, but who knew?

lol at this shit

God must be pretty pissed these days, i mean he is the one sending all these disasters right?

lol at this shit

God must be pretty pissed these days, i mean he is the one sending all these disasters right?
We've been seeing hurricanes for thousands of years. So it's a normal thing.

So god has always been an asshole? Well we already knew that
Well yeah. Irreligious people like you and I have this distorted vision of religion or a Christianity where everything is supposed to be nice when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Religion was not meant to be a feel-good children's story even if it was presented to you that way. So comments like yours are irrelevant.

I posted this in Mulberry thread regarding Irma, I'm near the Tampa area. If Irma swings up the coast and into Tampa Bay, Tampa and St. Petersburg are fucked.

...and I just bought my house.

tenor.gif

Well yeah. Irreligious people like you and I have this distorted vision of religion or a Christianity where everything is supposed to be nice when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Religion was not meant to be a feel-good children's story even if it was presented to you that way. So comments like yours are irrelevant.

Who the fook is this guy?

What exactly was religion meant to be?

Who the fook is this guy?

What exactly was religion meant to be?
Usually a creation myth and a set of guidelines/morals

In any case you should probably study actually study Christianity instead of throwing out strawmen like "lol god is an asshole"

Just my guess, but I think most of the Gulf Coast will be okay. My aunt is on Charlotte Harbor and is getting ready to leave just in case. Miami, the Keys, etc could get hammered.

I posted this in Mulberry thread regarding Irma, I'm near the Tampa area. If Irma swings up the coast and into Tampa Bay, Tampa and St. Petersburg are fucked.

...and I just bought my house.

tenor.gif

I hope you also rolled flood insurance into your mortgage payment.

Back