The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Knockout of the Year - Winner: Francis Ngannou over Alistair Overeem

2017 Best Knockout of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no perry hellbow? not even gonna vote

Honorable Mentions Include

Holly vs. Betche
OSP vs. Corey Anderson
Kelvin vs. Bisping
Alexander vs. Teixera
Hooker vs. Pearson
Perry vs. Ellenberger
TKZ vs. Dennis
Lamas vs. Emmett
Claxton vs Bonilla-Bowman

Honorable Mentions Include
Holly vs. Betche
OSP vs. Corey Anderson
Kelvin vs. Bisping
Alexander vs. Teixera
Hooker vs. Pearson
Perry vs. Ellenberger
TKZ vs. Dennis
Lamas vs. Emmett
Claxton vs Bonilla-Bowman

yea can't vote for HMs though can ya? be honest you knew perry would run away with the voting and kept him out on purpse

be honest you knew perry would run away with the voting and kept him out on purpse
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Gotta go with Barboza. Was beautiful and he timed Beneil perfectly. He was also losing the fight too.

Ngannou is leading the poll and I’m not surprised but he didn’t do anything that crazy. I don’t expect him to be losing any polls anytime soon because Sherdog is obsessed with him at the moment.

The way Overeem put his head wide open in the air made the KO look more spectacular. And Overeem has been KO’d like a dozen times.

Ngannu overrated. It was just a swinging arm. Hollys was my fave with barboza rose and TJ next.

I voted Ngannou because his shot would have KO'ed a Rhinoceros but I laugh every time I see that Matt Brown KO. He hit Diego with an ax lol.

Awesome stuff @Augustus Caesar !!! Wanted to go with Ngannou. But it seems like Reem gets his head knocked off once a year.. So I went with Moraes. He made Sterling do a touchdown celebration. ;)

Went w/ Brown, but it was close between Daley & Barbouza.
Style to Daley, Skill to Barboza, Savagery to Matt.

I'm a sucker for some standing elbows. Brown ko for me.

Rose- JJ

Like outta a fuckin movie

Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem

Shocked Rose isn't winning this...

Such a high level championship win, vs these other contenders or unranked fighters...

Rose did this against a GOAT contender, not some nobody. And destroyed her on the feet.

Shocked Rose isn't winning this...

Such a high level championship win, vs these other contenders or unranked fighters...

Rose did this against a GOAT contender, not some nobody. And destroyed her on the feet.

Man o man you are looking good. :D

Also you got that right War Chris !!!

We all know how a crazy KO leaves us and our buddies screaming gibberish at the TV and hitting each other with happiness... the more we scream and go nuts on each other the better the KO, right? WRONG! IMO, the all-time great KO’s don’t result in screaming and yelling... they leave the witnesses in a completely shocked silence (usually with mouth agape) for about 5-8 seconds before said witness begins to mutter a single word or phrase under his/her breath (examples: “damn”... “dear lord”... “my god”... and in very rare cases... “Is he ok?”) - recent examples from previous years being that of Rumble/Glover and McGregor/Aldo.
There is only one KO this past year that combined such savage power with such devastating accuracy together (while taking place in an extremely high stakes fight) that shut my brain down as I tried to comprehend what I had just witnessed... and that is clearly Mr. Ngannou’s atomic uppercut on the unfortunate Mr. Overeem!

Back