The 2012 Ukrainian Olympic Team in Professional Boxing

HuskySamoan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Most of you are already familiar with some of these guys, but all 5 2012 Olympic medalists from the Ukraine have since began their professional boxing career and ironically the only one to have lost so far is top 10 Pound for Pound champion Vasyl Lomachenko. I thought It was interesting to shed some light on these guys, especially considering in a lot of the world amateur boxing is more competitive and talent rich than even professional boxing.

Taras Shelestyuk Olympic Bronze Medalist, World Amateurs Gold Medalist, 15-0 Welterweight. He's training out of Wild Card with Freddie Roach

Denys Berinchyk Olympic Silver Medalist, World Amateurs Silver Medalist, 6-0 Lightweight

Oleksandr Gvozdyk Olympic Bronze Medalist, top 10 ranked Light Heavyweight, 13-0. I heard that him and Joe Smith Jr are supposed to fight in a title eliminator later this year, any word on that?

Oleksandr Usyk Olympic Gold Medalist, World Games Gold Medalist, Number 1 Cruiserweight in the world, 12-0. Any word on Usyk facing Gassiev, Bellew or Briedis later this year?

Vasyl Lomachenko two time Olympic gold medalist, two time World games Gold Medalist 396-1 amateur record, considered one of the best Olympic boxers of all time. 8-1 professionally number 1 ranked Super Featherweight in the world, many consider him the pound for pound most talented boxer in the world right now (get angry people, I know it's debatable as to who is)

Taras Shelystyuk is terrible as a pro.

He lost to some journeyman on Showtime but got a gift decision in a fight that was supposed to showcase his skills

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back