The 2008 US election: Did the people really have a choice?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The choice was between Obama and John McCain.

John McCain has blocked everything Trump has tried to do, repealling Obamacare, deporting illegals and DACA.

John McCain is Obama-lite ...

220px-John_McCain_official_portrait_2009.jpg

This makes me think the 2008 election was a joke and that there wasn't really a choice for the US people.

John McCain has blocked everything Trump has tried to do, repealling Obamacare, deporting illegals and DACA.

This makes me think the 2008 election was a joke and that there wasn't really a choice for the US people.

Just 2008?

Welcome to the illusion of choice.

As if 2016 was any better. Americans had to choose between 2 pieces of shit.

As if 2016 was any better. Americans had to choose between 2 pieces of shit.

I still don't believe that with those 2 candidates, that 3rd party getting less than 5% of the vote didnt generated more of a voter fraud conversation then russia and mexicans did.

Btw, can we have battle of the old fucks for 2020, Bernie vs Ron Paul........

Go old school where the loser is VP.

Last edited:
Oh, I member.

It was a mockery of legitmacy.

Jon Stewart had the funniest bits about it.

It's just messed up. Some of the stories and spin on him were hilarious and ridiculous.

Trump might suck, but he's a fucking hero for calling out the media.

Jon Stewart had the funniest bits about it.

It's just messed up. Some of the stories and spin on him were hilarious and ridiculous.

Trump might suck, but he's a fucking hero for calling out the media.

Unfortunately trump innovated in applying other fields to politics. It can be duplicated, and it just takes us further away from a functioning system.

The media is paying a price, but it is a price of legitimacy, that when the bill comes due, we all pay for.

Their ratings and stock prices are doing just fine, which means the status quo marches on.

McCain is blocking all Trump stuff because he doesn't like Trump. It is not due to ideological differences.

Unfortunately trump innovated in applying other fields to politics. It can be duplicated, and it just takes us further away from a functioning system.

The media is paying a price, but it is a price of legitimacy, that when the bill comes due, we all pay for.

Their ratings and stock prices are doing just fine, which means the status quo marches on.

Legitimacy is what the media depended on before social media. There used to be investigative journalism.

I think a lot of people woke up to how much the media is biased and outright lies for its own interests.

But...

Now the media doesn't have to worry about that so much with social media. They can just say "That's what I heard" on social media.

The big ones like Facebook, Google and Twitter will take over and then can push the narrative whichever way they want.

Who's going to investigate it when the investigation is a Google search of who's saying what on social media.

Legitimacy is what the media depended on before social media. There used to be investigative journalism.

I think a lot of people woke up to how much the media is biased and outright lies for its own interests.

But...

Now the media doesn't have to worry about that so much with social media. They can just say "That's what I heard" on social media.

The big ones like Facebook, Google and Twitter will take over and then can push the narrative whichever way they want.

Who's going to investigate it when the investigation is a Google search of who's saying what on social media.

Their are risks to the switch to social media, but their is also opportunity.

Giant douche or Turd Sandwich.

But yea Ron Paul is pretty epic.

I still don't believe that with those 2 candidates, that 3rd party getting less than 5% of the vote didnt generated more of a voter fraud conversation then russia and mexicans did.

The fuck are you talking about?? Obama and McCain had tremendously different platforms, McCain was no where near Obama lite. The fact that he's blocking Trump is pretty easy to understand -- McCain is a rep of Arizona and has to worry about their support. Supporting Trump executive orders on DACA would affect a huge amount of John's base and Trumps repeal of ACA under its current form would've cost Arizona 12 billion in federal support.

You think senators should blindly follow party lines at the risk of their own State then you're an ignorant reactionary and a non conservative

Yeah, McCain has voted alongside Trump in like 78% of votes.

Sorry that at one time two major party candidates were both basically reasonable and not fully willing to sell out their constituents for profit.

Back