The 2000's Memories Thread

th

to me the 00's were the first decade in my life where i didn't feel there was a specific trend or movement to it. it doesn't seem as defined of a decade as the 80's or 90's. to add, this decade seems to have meshed with this current decade. it feels like we're not going to have any more major changes in clothing, etc. i don't know. maybe i feel this way because i'm older now.

to me the 00's were the first decade in my life where i didn't feel there was a specific trend or movement to it. it doesn't seem as defined of a decade as the 80's or 90's. to add, this decade seems to have meshed with this current decade. it feels like we're not going to have any more major changes in clothing, etc. i don't know. maybe i feel this way because i'm older now.

I agree the new 10s (particulary 2010-2014) where much of a continuation of 2000s fashion/culture, compared to the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s (where the aesthetic seemed to massively shift each decade).

Things have changed though, watch a 2000s future set movie like the island or stealth and you'll see things aren't quite the same (although IRobot called the apple aesthetic, which society's still following 13 years on, back in 2004). Mad men really brought about a fashion shift (60s style suits) with emo's becoming a dead genre and many people becoming "hipsters" or retro in the new 10s.

That is exactly how many people felt about the 90's in the 2000's. The longer you have to reflect on a decade, the more its unique qualities will stand out.

Last edited:
That is exactly how many people felt about the 90's in the 2000's. The longer you have to reflect on a decade, the more it's unique qualities will stand out.

yeah, i see what you mean. but i think we've had a good amount of time (seven years) to reflect on the 00's, and it seems completely undefined to me. but like you said, maybe i need more time for reflection.

I think television is really the only bright spot. Music was ass,fashion was terrible.

Survivor
CSI
American idol
Lord of the rings

I agree . I don't remember anything significant or definitive cultural trends from the '00s. I remember it being referred to as a time of innocence

I agree . I don't remember anything significant or definitive cultural trends from the '00s. I remember it being referred to as a time of innocence

It was a time of shitty hats.

von-dutch-f330d980-c8c0-4853-a8d5-fbe093c208c9.jpg

Lots of dudes with frosted tips and pierced ears in the early 2000s

All of those fucking dorks with the Ashton Kutcher hair cut where they let it grow long all the way around and it has that gay little upward swoop up over their eyes.

51FGCXG9NKL.jpg

Still better than the new Madden that comes out every year, still to this day. It's almost hard to believe it but it's true.

Back