The 2 Biggest Detriments to African Americans: Integration and Immigration

Wow that was a hell of a post.
My brother teaches in Mississippi and he tells me that all of the black boys oppose immigration. Sounds like a good development.
I'm in favor of allowing races to stick together and more importantly casting aside the engineered stigma that is attached to segregation by choice. An all white ethno dtate or a black one in the south? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but if blacks started following Marcus Garvey's admonitions it would do wonders for the community.

There are barely any immigrants in Mississipi.

Wow that was a hell of a post.
My brother teaches in Mississippi and he tells me that all of the black boys oppose immigration. Sounds like a good development.
I'm in favor of allowing races to stick together and more importantly casting aside the engineered stigma that is attached to segregation by choice. An all white ethno dtate or a black one in the south? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but if blacks started following Marcus Garvey's admonitions it would do wonders for the community.
Didn't Marcus Harvey want segregation and people of African heritage to go back to Africa?

i agree 100% on the immigration section

i agree to an extent on integration. I think its worth noting that asian americans do fit into "white" power structures, but only by competing for it by copying what they perceive as useful from white people. I think its very damaging that many african americans think they need to form their own identity by avoiding "acting white" and not being an "uncle tom" etc. You can have your own culture, while also taking from the cultures of others in regards to emphasis on education, emphasis on getting into highly educated fields, certain work habits etc.

I agree that black people should focus on helping each other and forming their own power structures that nobody can take away from them, but that isn't to say they shouldn't also learn to navigate white power structures the way that asian immigrants have, whether its to copy or integrate

No it's not.

Um, yes it is. Chicago is a warzone, because of guns. I'm all gor the second amendment, but black people shooting other black people is a huge thing. Divide and conquer, infighting, people filming murders, it's absurd. The childeren are uneducated, because they are unruly. The fact is, it's impossible to teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

Black owned businesses that serve all people is the goal Rip. It's black ownership. The more black owned businesses that we have and the more we can serve not just our own people but others is what leads to wealth accumulation for black americans as a group. The same it does for white, hispanic, and asian owned businesses.

Reread what I wrote. I'm not advocating segregation or separation...only aggregation.

i agree very much on entrepreneurship and supporting your community by supporting its businesses

i would very much like for americans to realize its power, not just along racial community lines, but local communities as well. people say they are afraid of large corporations gaining too much power and the CEOs of them being evil monsters who hoard/squander their wealth. a better solution than "more government to control their actions", is to support as many local alternatives as possible, to better the people in the community and also keep the money in circulation of your community. especially on a city or neighborhood level

Larry Elder is God's gift to man:

Hard Work Wins

i always listen to elder's radio show if im driving when its on, hes a very intelligent thinker. i dont see him mentioned here very often

his and dennis prager's are my favorite talk radio shows

I'm against integration but I'm not saying I'm for segregation...
{<huh}

@TheComebackKid , I'm no expert on this topic. I'm sure you have more of a handle on the insight I'm looking for here. With regard to your OP, that integration is detrimental to the black community, something crossed my mind.

My understanding is that during the Civil Rights era, there were two main schools of thought. One represented by MLK, which essentially called for integration of blacks into white society, which is the strategy that won out. And the second school of thought represented by Malcolm X, who more so advocated for blacks to go their own way, which became marginalized in both the black and white communities.

Perhaps neither school of thought or strategy mentioned above accurately reflects your belief or understanding of the situation, or your prescription for a better tomorrow. But while reading through your post I got the sense you think the Malcolm X strategy would have been better for blacks in the long run?

That's pretty close to how I view things. I'm getting to the point in life where I look back at Dr. King and see a good man but also a misguided one. I look back at the civil rights era and the push for integration as another liberal, sjw, big government agenda that hurts the very people they purport to help.

I am much more in agreement with Malcolm X's philosophy than I am Dr. Kings. I don't believe in full separation like Malcolm X but I do believe in self sustainability and not forcing oneself into another's home, establishment, and society.

And I think 50-60yrs later the results are in and irrefutable. Prior to integration black individuals, and thus black communities, had more ownership, more businesses, better education, less incarceration, and stronger communities and families. This shouldn't be a debate anymore. Integration doomed black america.

It's weird cause I'm pretty sure some of the people in this thread have complained about groups of people having their own private cultures ( hispanics etc) within the US and not integrating.
"We want them to act 'white', just not around 'white' people."

I'm against integration but I'm not saying I'm for segregation...
{<huh}

Yes. Integration and segregation are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. I don't think either one is good. I think aggregation is the way to go.

That's pretty close to how I view things. I'm getting to the point in life where I look back at Dr. King and see a good man but also a misguided one. I look back at the civil rights era and the push for integration as another liberal, sjw, big government agenda that hurts the very people they purport to help.

I am much more in agreement with Malcolm X's philosophy than I am Dr. Kings. I don't believe in full separation like Malcolm X but I do believe in self sustainability and not forcing oneself into another's home, establishment, and society.

And I think 50-60yrs later the results are in and irrefutable. Prior to integration black individuals, and thus black communities, had more ownership, more businesses, better education, less incarceration, and stronger communities and families. This shouldn't be a debate anymore. Integration doomed black america.

Something a lot of people overlook when it comes to Malcolm X was his disciplined lifestyle. He avoided parties, drugs and alcohol. He valued education and was articulate. He dressed well and carried himself in a respectable manner. He himself was not involved in violence or riots. He was committed to his wife and family. He was very committed to his religion.

He was not as militant and radical as many of his followers mistakenly believe him to be. In many ways he was quite conservative and reserved.

On Women, Marriage, Leadership & Study

"But the television is your level! Please forgive me for saying this. But no, the television is your level! You got a 'television’ brain, a 'television’ vocabulary and you live in a 'television’ world!"

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree 100% on the immigration section

i agree to an extent on integration. I think its worth noting that asian americans do fit into "white" power structures, but only by competing for it by copying what they perceive as useful from white people. I think its very damaging that many african americans think they need to form their own identity by avoiding "acting white" and not being an "uncle tom" etc. You can have your own culture, while also taking from the cultures of others in regards to emphasis on education, emphasis on getting into highly educated fields, certain work habits etc.

I agree that black people should focus on helping each other and forming their own power structures that nobody can take away from them, but that isn't to say they shouldn't also learn to navigate white power structures the way that asian immigrants have, whether its to copy or integrate

Agreed. The recipe and rules for success are universal. By advocating the development and preservation of ones identity and culture I am not advocating the abandonment of the universal keys to prosperity. That would be foolish.

Whatever identity and culture a particular group develops it should include things like hard work, education, sacrifice, entrepreneurship, family, ect.

Something a lot of people overlook when it comes to Malcolm X was his disciplined lifestyle. He avoided parties, drugs and alcohol. He valued education and was articulate. He dressed well and carried himself in a respectable manner. He himself was not involved in violence or riots. He was committed to his wife and family. He was very committed to his religion.

He was not as militant and radical as many of his followers mistakenly believe him to be. In many ways he was quite conservative and reserved.

Exactly. When Malcolm X spoke of black people arming themselves and physically fighting back against oppression it was only in the context of self defense. And if you consider what was happening at that time as well as our history he was 100% correct. It also happens to be consistent with the American and constitutional idea of the 2nd amendment as being the last line of defense against tyranny.

I would add Jesus Christ as a path to unity.

That's something that black and white churches can come together on.

I would like to see Trump speak to that and get some of those black and white pastors who pray for him to get together with something symbolic or some type of partnership. Like even pair up a black church and white church and pray for each other. The latter would have to happen on a more local level.

Agreed 100%

Yes. Integration and segregation are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. I don't think either one is good. I think aggregation is the way to go.
That makes more sense to me.

Exactly. When Malcolm X spoke of black people arming themselves and physically fighting back against oppression it was only in the context of self defense. And if you consider what was happening at that time as well as our history he was 100% correct. It also happens to be consistent with the American and constitutional idea of the 2nd amendment as being the last line of defense against tyranny.

People tend to conveniently ignore the parts when X said, "Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law and respect everyone."

malcolm-x-quotes-2.jpg

Racist ideas that would doom black people to forever be behind.

Blacks should strive for integration.

I dont' think this is up for debate any longer. The results are in. Integration killed all the upward momentum we had at the time. You're Mexican, correct? Well I see your people who come to America not giving a damn about integrating with white society and power structure but instead establishing their own communities, industry, and footholds of power politically and economically. And guess what? They are prospering. Its inspiring actually.

Take a look at this and then tell me where I'm going wrong.

Agreed. The recipe and rules for success are universal. By advocating the development and preservation of ones identity and culture I am not advocating the abandonment of the universal keys to prosperity. That would be foolish.

Whatever identity and culture a particular group develops it should include things like hard work, education, sacrifice, entrepreneurship, family, ect.

You believe black culture exists?

You believe black culture exists?

It does...it just happens to be completely dysfunctional. Over the past 60yrs we have based our culture on being the opposite of white people. So things like family, education, entrepreneurship, ect are not highly prevalent within our "culture".

I dont' think this is up for debate any longer. The results are in. Integration killed all the upward momentum we had at the time. You're Mexican, correct? Well I see your people who come to America not giving a damn about integrating with white society and power structure but instead establishing their own communities, industry, and footholds of power politically and economically. And guess what? They are prospering. Its inspiring actually.

Take a look at this and then tell me where I'm going wrong.

Completely false.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/l...o-outfit-rebrands-itself-as-unidosus.3575137/

Mexicans are very open about integrating with the majority.

Back