The 2 Biggest Detriments to African Americans: Integration and Immigration

TheComebackKid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Integration

Integration is a process that dilutes our resources, our wealth, our identity, our communities, and our power structure. African Americans are the only group in this country that doesn't understand this. We are the only group that still pursues this failed notion of integrating into white society, white wealth, and the white power structure. Hispanics and Asians do not do this. They spend their energy pooling their resources together to create their own wealth, their own culture, their own communities, and ultimately their own power base. As their positions and power becomes increasingly threatened you are seeing more and more Whites focus on this as well both in America and in Europe. Yet we African Americans are still stuck in this paradigm where we think the path to equality and prosperity is through social justice and acceptance by the existing power structure. WE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE THIS(well the white liberal as well) and it's done absolutely nothing for us. We are about to go from 2nd behind whites in terms of wealth, population, and ownership to number 4 behind Whites, Asians, and Hispanics.

By opposing integration that does not mean I am embracing segregation or separation. And I'm certainly not advocating any kind of hate or racism. Instead I am advocating aggregation. The only way for blacks to ever achieve any sense of equality and prosperity we must aggregate our resources, our culture, and our communities.

Immigration

Immigration is another process that is further diluting the resources, wealth, identity, communities, and power structure of African Americans. For some reason we insist on identifying with immigrants when no group of immigrants identify with us. In fact they largely have open disdain for us. Yet we allow them to wrap themselves in our history and struggle in this country in order for them to prosper. We don't understand that we ourselves are NOT immigrants. We are part of the original group of settlers and founders who were here from the beginning and built this country. We should be against DACA, sanctuary cities, and this never ending influx of immigrants legal or otherwise. Why? Because they are competing directly with us and are supplanting us and our position in this country. They are making gains and taking ground not just from white society but from us as well.

As this continues and groups like Hispanics and Asians continue to grow and gain power and footholds in this country they will not be afflicted by the same guilt that white people are. They have no obligation or care about black plight. We will not be able to shame them into accepting us, giving us opportunities, giving us wealth and token positions of power. And as whites start to focus on their own survival and positions in this country they will care less and less about that as well. We African Americans will become the permanent underclass in this country and we won't be able to lean on past injustices to make gains socially and economically. We will be truly and totally marginalized, kept poor, and treated like dirt. We will once again begin to face real oppression and real hate.

I respect the Richard Spencers and David Dukes of the world that make no excuses for their agenda of white supremacy much more than your soft conservatives or white liberals. When whites are open and clear about their goals and agenda it clearly outlines the rules of the game. It allows us to begin playing the game ourselves. It leaves us with no illusions and no excuses about who we are and our position in society.

Thoughts?

Well if I was a black man running a business, and there weren't enough blacks around me to support my business, then I would have to integrate.

But social justice isn't gonna get you anywhere for sure.

Everyone of us white, black, brown, yellow, we all have to prove ourselves if we want to make it in this world.

Well if I was a black man running a business, and there weren't enough blacks around me to support my business, then I would have to integrate.

Black owned businesses that serve all people is the goal Rip. It's black ownership. The more black owned businesses that we have and the more we can serve not just our own people but others is what leads to wealth accumulation for black americans as a group. The same it does for white, hispanic, and asian owned businesses.

Reread what I wrote. I'm not advocating segregation or separation...only aggregation.

Black owned businesses that serve all people is the goal Rip. It's black ownership. The more black owned businesses that we have and the more we can serve not just our own people but others is what leads to wealth for black americans as a group. The same it does for white, hispanic, and asian owned businesses.

Reread what I wrote. I'm not advocating segregation or separation...only aggregation.
My bad. I agree.

But social justice isn't gonna get you anywhere for sure.

Everyone of us white, black, brown, yellow, we all have to prove ourselves if we want to make it in this world.
I want to add to this.

I have a feeling that social justice has done tremendous harm to the black community

kind of surprising but interesting POV
On the one hand, many people, especially conservatives say that poor black communities can only be fixed from 'within' (something I tend to agree with), what you describe as building own power structures etc doesn't sound too different. On the other hand, your write-up sounds somewhat depressing because it seems like you've completely given up on the 'one America' thought where race doesn't matter at some point and group identity isn't based on ethnicity. I'm under the impression you kind of accepted that a black man's fate in this nation is only part of how well a larger African-American group will do. And I definitely agree that it's weird how 'African'-Americans and immigrants get lumped together but that's probably a result of the 'minorities-vs-the-patriarchy' narrative.

I want to add to this.

I have a feeling that social justice has done tremendous harm to the black community

It has. Our problem is not social...its economic. But in the 1960s we took our eye off of economic gains and put it on social acceptance. And we've been a hot mess ever since.

Prior to integration you would see more black ownership, communities, education, families, and ultimately independence.

I do want to say that I'm truly rooting for the black community. Black Christians in specific. Because I believe it's the true Christians within the black community trying to help break the cycle the we've seen in the black family for many decades now.

The key to the black community resides in the strength of black fathers and in the strength of black marriages and families.

Edit: Part of that as you say is the black man succeeding in business and life. A man needs hope and opportunity, and then he's gotta go out and achieve and make the best of himself as a man.

It has. Our problem is not social...its economic. But in the 1960s we took our eye off of economic gains and put it on social acceptance. And we've been a hot mess ever since.

Prior to integration you would see more black ownership, communities, education, families, and ultimately independence.
I wouldn't doubt it.

That was before my time and I don't know that history.

Black Wall Street and Rosewood would like to remind you of what happens when blacks reach too high.

Biggest threat to blacks has always been the few hidden machinations of white supremacy and N-word Culture.

Remove those two and watch how high we fly.

Remove the glitz and glamour of a "thugs life" and see what happens.

Black owned businesses that serve all people is the goal Rip. It's black ownership. The more black owned businesses that we have and the more we can serve not just our own people but others is what leads to wealth accumulation for black americans as a group. The same it does for white, hispanic, and asian owned businesses.

Entrepreneurship in general is key to our advancement as species. Whether white or black, if you are creating jobs and services, you are automatically elevating the standard of living in your community.

The most successful blacks are those that integrate.

The most successful blacks are those that integrate.

But that speaks more to the lack of black independence and ownership more than to the benefits of integration.

That statement is not true for Hispanics and Asians. And it's not true for blacks historically. We were better off before integration.

But that speaks more to the lack of black independence and ownership more than to the benefits of integration.

That statement is not true for Hispanics and Asians. And it's not true for blacks historically. We were better off before integration.

I dunno man the left wants to keep us divided.

I truly believe that America is the only place on this planet where we can now transcend race.

kind of surprising but interesting POV
On the one hand, many people, especially conservatives say that poor black communities can only be fixed from 'within' (something I tend to agree with), what you describe as building own power structures etc doesn't sound too different. On the other hand, your write-up sounds somewhat depressing because it seems like you've completely given up on the 'one America' thought where race doesn't matter at some point and group identity isn't based on ethnicity. I'm under the impression you kind of accepted that a black man's fate in this nation is only part of how well a larger African-American group will do. And I definitely agree that it's weird how 'African'-Americans and immigrants get lumped together but that's probably a result of the 'minorities-vs-the-patriarchy' narrative.

Ive just accepted the rules of the game. Sure, much of white society has bought into the "one America" concept. But until recently this concept posed no threat to White America's wealth, culture, ownership, and power structure. It's much easier to embrace minorities, different cultures, and preach inclusiveness and diversity when it poses no threat to you.

But as immigration, cultural change, and social upheaval begin to threaten their position and power in this country you are starting to see them close ranks a bit in order to preserve it. And I don't blame them.

You don't see Hispanics and Asians focusing on diversity and integration. Their ranks are closed as well. And they are prospering as a result.

Life is competition and it's time African Americans get in the game.

That statement is not true for Hispanics and Asians.
I've never seen it that way but there's definitely some truth in it.
We often say a group is integrated simply because many members of that group do the same productive things many successful whites also do and display the same behavior, like not commit crimes, graduate from high school, go to college, start a business etc. But in reality, they still have their own communities and culture, integration into a white society doesn't have much to do with the success of Asians.

That's because they are more recent immigrants.

And the past success of blacks was based on an American model - not African or euro.

I dunno man the left wants to keep us divided.

I truly believe that America is the only place on this planet where we can now transcend race.

I don't think we are transcending race as a country at all. And the true path to unity is through mutual equality, respect, and acceptance. And the true path to equality, respect, and acceptance by others is through merit...mainly economically.

Back