the 2 beasts from the bible

Yes, these are my personal views. I don't always follow what the Bible or the Catholic Church has to say. Religion for me is a very personal thing. You have to experience it and come up with your own conclusions.

So you make up your own rules. Sounds par for the course around here.

Nobody is coming back until you defeat my dragon first.
latest
1099707.jpg

1101937.jpg

There isn't an answer for that question at the moment. Why do you keep asking for an answer that doesn't exist?

'Touché'. Kind of like the proof you are asking about God isn't it? Except in God's case there is plenty of proof, but you don't believe any of it because it does not follow your belief system.

'Except in God's case there is plenty of proof, but you don't believe any of it because it does not follow your belief system.

There is no scientific proof for gods. If there was there wouldn't be any reason to have faith.

Rules? It is called faith my friend...

You made up which rules to have faith in. You were raised in the Catholic Church. And now you're picking and choosing which church doctrine/Bible passages to believe in while discarding others.

You made up which rules to have faith in. You were raised in the Catholic Church. And now you're picking and choosing which church doctrine/Bible passages to believe in while discarding others.

Did I? Was the Bible not written by man? Is the Pope not a man? If Jesus wanted a Bible, he would have written one. ...and why didn't He? Faith has nothing to do with the Bible or the Catholic Church, both are just 'tools' in a box.

Kind of like the 'Big Bang' theory.

Exactly. We can't go back into the past. It's like examining an automobile crash. We look at what is there and try to understand what happened by the evidence that is remaining.

For some reason I thought this thread was gonna be about fat chicks

Did I? Was the Bible not written by man? Is the Pope not a man? If Jesus wanted a Bible, he would have written one. ...and why didn't He? Faith has nothing to do with the Bible or the Catholic Church, both are just 'tools' in a box.

That Bible and the Catholic Church is the only reason you believe in Jesus in the first place. I mean if you're going to discard some of it why not all of it? What is this all based on?

What makes the beliefs you made up any better than the beliefs of the other people in this thread?

And our current bibles have been messed with numerous times to be bent for the sake of personal interest.

Example, Constantine and king James

It’s why we have the “king James “ version of the Bible.

I want a preconstsntine bible. But I doubt one exists this day

That the Bible and the Catholic Church is the only reason you believe in Jesus in the first place. I mean if you're going to discard some of it why not all of it? What is this all based on? What makes the beliefs you made up any better than the beliefs of the other people in this thread?

True, I could not help the Catholic influence place on me as a kid. But my sister turned out atheist. I did not really begin to be religious until my mid 20s. It had nothing to do with family, Bible, or the Church. Asked all the same questions the atheists ask. The main one being: "Why does a good God allow bad things to happen to good people?." Specially children. It is an old question and has been around for many years.

I can ask the same question the other way: "If I'm going to accept part of it, why not accept the whole thing?" For me, it is based on personal experience and faith. Why does a mother who loses 3 sons in war maintains her faith in God? Why does a nun who is raped by 3 men maintains her faith in God?

Is my belief better than others in this thread? Are their beliefs better than mine? There is nothing 'better' about beliefs. Like I said before, people can believe whatever they want. I don't impose my beliefs in others. I don't let others impose their beliefs on me. How do people become atheists? Why are you a Republican or Democrat? Why Blue over Red? Why medicine over law? Why are bullies who they are?

I want a preconstsntine Bible, but I doubt one exists this day.

The first major period of Bible translation into the English language, began with the introduction of the 'Tyndale Bible'. The first complete edition was in 1526. You can find that version online. The Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible.

The first major period of Bible translation into the English language, began with the introduction of the 'Tyndale Bible'. The first complete edition was in 1526. You can find that version online. The Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible.

Constantine “decided” what books would be left in and what would be left out of the “bible” we have today around 300 something.

Some others messed with it up till sometime in the early 1600’s when king James messed with it again.

A bible in 1526 is around 1200 years more fucked with than the version I’m refering too.

My bible history is a bit off as I have t studied it in a long time so I might be off a little on my years but from memeory I know I’m close.

A Bible in 1526 is around 1200 years more fucked with than the version I’m refering too.

Are you looking at both the Old and New Testament? Like I said, the Old Testament is the Hebrew Bible. I don't think that was modified too much. I think most of the modifications took place with the New Testament. Some of the best writing for me came from Paul. He was not even one of the original 12 apostles. In fact, as I'm sure you know, he persecuted Christians before being converted.

Back