The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

Fair enough, I assumed most of the opinions were being based on exported European beers. The best ones rarely travel particularly well.

TS, are you really surprised by mexico not being there?

their beers are trash, with the exception of maybe 2.
seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel for mexico they have a craft beer scene going on in the future their beer may get better.

seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel for mexico they have a craft beer scene going on in the future their beer may get better.
hopefully it starts with putting their beers in dark bottles instead of clear ones.

I haven't had many Murican beers but I had a few award winning ones and none really impressed me. Belgian beer definitely is ₹1

Belgium is #1. Most of my favorite beers are from there, and the ones that aren't are American beers that are made in Belgium styles.
I can see America as #2, but I can also see Germany getting the nod. Whoever loses is the easy #3.
How the UK is in the Top 10 is crazy to me.

The United States should be number 1.

It's not even close.

Here in San Diego we have easily some of the best breweries... would go up against any state or country.

Germany seems to produce better Pilsners than the US, although I am not a Pilsner fan so this is largely second hand knowledge.

Not trying to talk shit about Germany, but Lagers and Pilsners are pretty much the two most boring beer styles.

tuewp8r99tu0so0b8v8h.jpg

Not trying to talk shit about Germany, but Lagers and Pilsners are pretty much the two most boring beer styles.

I don't drink lagers or pilsners either. I like the trappist ales, stouts, porters and IPAs.

I’m surprised that Mexico isn’t on this list and that the United States is ranked so high.

I'm not. Mexican beer, most all new world beer actually, is essentially transplanted German/Belgian beer. The US...ehhh, I'm not a fan of all the fancy shmancy hipster brewery IPA shit, but they do put a lot of effort into it.

I did have the honor of getting trashed at the Guiness Brewery, despite not really liking Guinness if it's not in Carbomb form

When you pour the 'perfect pint' tho, not everyone drinks......somebody had to step up

Here in San Diego we have easily some of the best breweries... would go up against any state or country.
I second that sentiment. Stone brewery is my favorite, nothing beats an arrogant bastard.

Back