The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

your argument here fails because you used shitty macro lagers to judge american beer quality, if you are going to use a mainstream company sierra nevada hands most of the world its ass.

View attachment 323139

With its massive what? 1% of the American market share?

Those look like really fun places to drink. I enjoyed drinking in London when I visited. The pubs and bars have totally different feels than American bars.

I even got to tour a brewery and had a great time there. That was when I learned about the similarities of cannabis and hops.

i love how in english pubs, it's mandatory to pour a glass to the very top, and how they have knives to cut off the excess froth to ensure you have a full glass of beer.

With its massive what? 1% of the American market share?
first off the original contention was about beer quality not sales.

sierra nevada has more than 200 million in sales I don't know the exact numbers.

it is as mainstream as any other beer in the U.S you can find it in a bunch of grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants and it is of a high quality.

higher quality than anything in Mexico and most of the globe and it isn't even the best beer in the u.s.

I had a blast in London. I got to go with buddies so our sightseeing was the inside of pubs. I liked the old feel to some of them...like creaky wooden floors and narrow stairwells. Beer was very good, nothing better or worse than what we get her in NY. My local Ale House has 38 taps and another 50 on menu. Also opened a Bier Garden in the back with only German and Belgian selections.

I totally agree with you about the old feel. It's crazy drinking in a place that could have had a pub for hundreds of years.

Have you ever been to McSorley's in NYC? It's been operated for more than 150 years. Their beer isn't phenomenal, but the historical feel of the building is awesome.

I don't think I have any 30+ tap beers around me, but I have some great breweries that have solids always on tap and then experiment with various things. We have one brewery in town that does really good sours. My other favorite does really good trappist style beers and they have the best coconut ale I've ever had.

I'm not. Mexican beer, most all new world beer actually, is essentially transplanted German/Belgian beer. The US...ehhh, I'm not a fan of all the fancy shmancy hipster brewery IPA shit, but they do put a lot of effort into it.

Actually what's sold by craft brewers as "Mexican style lagers" are actually Vienna lagers from Austria. Underrated style imo and I'm glad more craft brewers are putting out these styles. Laguna Baja from North Coast is my favorite so far.

first off the original contention was about beer quality not sales.

The original contention is actually undefined, it basically says "beer countries" which can mean literally anything from the pub experience of Ireland, to the most popular brands, to the best beer, production etc etc.

sierra nevada has more than 200 million in sales I don't know the exact numbers.

The Beer market is US$ 106 billion so i wasnt really that far off, and thats per $$$ not volume.

it is as mainstream as any other beer in the U.S you can find it in a bunch of grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants and it is of a high quality.

No, its not as mainstream as any other beer, not even close.

higher quality than anything in Mexico and most of the globe and it isn't even the best beer in the u.s.

Good, i presume you have tasted all the different types of craft beers present in Mexico right? because you cant say that unless you taste every single of these unknown brands right?

See how idiotic that argument would be?

I totally agree with you about the old feel. It's crazy drinking in a place that could have had a pub for hundreds of years.

Have you ever been to McSorley's in NYC? It's been operated for more than 150 years. Their beer isn't phenomenal, but the historical feel of the building is awesome.

I don't think I have any 30+ tap beers around me, but I have some great breweries that have solids always on tap and then experiment with various things. We have one brewery in town that does really good sours. My other favorite does really good trappist style beers and they have the best coconut ale I've ever had.

McSorleys has that London old feel. But no selection, lol....Light or Dark. A sleeve of saltines. Sawdust on the floor and urinals from the floor to your chest. What a great place though. I never had Coconut ale....But I love the flavor so I’ll have to try one.

Actually what's sold by craft brewers as "Mexican style lagers" are actually Vienna lagers from Austria. Underrated style imo and I'm glad more craft brewers are putting out these styles. Laguna Baja from North Coast is my favorite so far.

Yeah, people may not know it but we actually had a Hasburgh ruling us for a while, he brought a lot of brewers, then German immigrantion into northern Mexico brought others.

i love how in english pubs, it's mandatory to pour a glass to the very top, and how they have knives to cut off the excess froth to ensure you have a full glass of beer.
in southern California they just have the pint line or the 10 oz line on the stronger abv beers a lot of california tap rooms have them now .

Cans also give you that metallic taste, so you need to pour them, which is highly inconvenient.

Cans are lined and the metal does not come in contact with the beer.

Lakewood Brewing out of Dallas (Garland) has a Vienna style lager. Nice beer.

The best beers are imported from those Japs over in Europe brother! And that's a shoot dude.

anyway-brother-heres-wonderwall-16265386.png

Crazy the UK is in the top 10? We've got probably the greatest variety of beers in the world, 2000+ breweries doing every type of beer you can imagine

It's cute you think that but they're no where close to Belgium let alone the US. USA smashes the UK in variety much like we smashed you in 1776.

#merica

USA should already be #1. It's amazing how quickly we took beer over.

LMFAO UK@#3. What a joke.

Somewhat related but I was on a winery tour during my friend's wedding week and the old Serbian winemaster (?) broke down how American wine came to prominence so quickly and some of the innate cultural aspects correlate to how the wine is produced. France being another example. A lot of it can probably be applied to the microbrew scene in the States, too.

Theres 2 really good breweries from the Black Forest.

Waldhaus

kasten-waldhaus-bier-24-x-033l.jpg

&

Rothaus

3217570_digital-image.png

Ha ha it's the second one.

Am I retarded or visually it's hard to remember the name of this thing ?

Back