The 100 Greatest Sports Photos of All Time

Liverpool lifting the trophy in Istanbul is more iconic than all of these put together.

02A502850000044D-3096160-image-a-178_1432559580819.jpg

Liverpool lifting the trophy in Istanbul is more iconic than all of these put together.

02A502850000044D-3096160-image-a-178_1432559580819.jpg

I have no idea what team that is, who any of the players are, or what sport they compete in.

AFC Ajax Champions League 1995

Our coach Louis van Gaal showing the ref what he missed. A player of the opposing team kinda jumped like this and almost kicked one of our guys in the face.
Iconic image! Especially since we continued on to winning the Champions league!

Dude's a legend

Always remember him complaining about Arsenal diving

giphy.gif

Gotta have Cantona's Kung Fu kick ITT too

Eric-Cantona-2682312k.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, c'mon, you got something on your chin. Not even the most memorable or iconic photo from that event.

This one...

khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-229-screengrab.jpg

...is already a t-shirt:

1px.png

Lol, I almost posted that one. It could well become the most iconic picture in all of mma. What do you think?

Another point the popularity of this picture brings out is that people are starting to appreciate when someone stands up for deeply held personal beliefs.
Most are sick of pop culture and the depthless definition of success being all about money and fame.

Oh, c'mon, you got something on your chin. Not even the most memorable or iconic photo from that event.

This one...

khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-229-screengrab.jpg

...is already a t-shirt:

1px.png

Lol, I almost posted that one. It could well become the most iconic picture in all of mma. What do you think?

Another point the popularity of this picture brings out is that people are starting to appreciate when someone stands up for deeply held personal beliefs.
Most are sick of pop culture and the depthless

Why would they include a pic from Ali's fight with Cleveland Williams?! It's nowhere even near the most iconic photo from that era in his career!!
muhammad-ali-boxer-knocks-out-sonny-liston-cassius-marcellus-clay-boxing-legend-rich-image.jpg

Most are sick of pop culture and the depthless definition of success being all about money and fame.

For most iconic MMA pic I'd probably say

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Andrei-Arlovski-mma-3784521-600-353.jpg

GettyImages-541551286-kyrie-steph-compressor-1-e1477867135278.jpg

Immediately after "The Block" this shot was huge in defeating the 73-9 Warriors, coming back from being down 3-1 in the Finals, and bringing Cleveland a title..since forever

Back