That's why Cerrone is never going to be champ

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When you're after the gold, sooner or later you will have to face adversity and overcome it.
Cerrone is a good fighter, well rounded and with good skils but...he folds too quickly.
Once he's cornered, hurt and put in a bad spot he's just uncapable to react!

And people saying Conor's a quitter, well Conor withstood a groundbeating against Mendes, escaped
a fucking close guillottine, got back to his feet and did what he had to do.

First Diaz fight he was hurt badly and went for a lame TD but the second one, although gassed, he managed to come back and found the strenght to outmatch Diaz.

This is not to say that Conor is the one with the most heart, I could name many others who have more heart than Conor....but he gets so much shit for hit, whilst fighters like Cerrone don't, just because they are expected to lose some and win some.

This time Donald's performance was very disappointing and he basically curled up and quit.

Can you imagine someone like Jones, Cormier, Conor, Aldo or Cruz doing that? no and that's why they are champs

No one was ever claiming he would be champ..<DisgustingHHH>

Cerrone have faced adversity in alot of fights and came through. His defense is shit.

What about the guillard fight when he was wrecked early and came back to win by ko?

It's his defense being so limited that keeps him from being champ.

He's made comebacks before and just recently took hell from Lawler. He could be granted the best chin(not that it isn't good already) and Frankie's heart but never moving his head, backing straight up, and leaving his guard so open to body shots are issues that just aren't going to cut it at a title level(unless you're really fortunate in matchups).

I don't think it's really fair to say that he quit. He took about 7 or 8 shots flush on the chin throughout the round before he got rocked. His defense sucks, and he's just not elite at welterweight, plain and simple.

Looks like Cerrone is in the twilight of his career. He seemed slower and couldn't slip jabs he would avoid in the past

I don't think anyone thought he'd be champ anymore. There was a time when people on here were riding his nuts and calling him the uncrowned LW champ. Then he signed to fight Diaz. I kept reminding people at the time that Cerrone's streak was based on fighting guys much smaller and with much less reach than him. Diaz first exposed that weakness and we've repeatedly seen that Cowboy has quit in him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cerrone grew up on a big house on a hill and was bullied by the tough kids who lived at the bottom of the hill. He can beat the shit out of fellow rich kids like Miles Jurey all day, but he loses to fighters who are rough around the edges and have some street smarts about them like Till, Diaz and Masvidal. I'd bet he's intimidated by guys like that.

When he loses, he gets finished. The Lawler fight was the first decision loss in forever. He was beat after the first punch.

Cerrone is past his prime. I like him, but he fights for fun. I don't think even he thinks he can be champ at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cerrone grew up on a big house on a hill and was bullied by the tough kids who lived at the bottom of the hill. He can beat the shit out of fellow rich kids like Miles Jurey all day, but he loses to fighters who are rough around the edges and have some street smarts about them like Till, Diaz and Masvidal. I'd bet he's intimidated by guys like that.
it does look that way. that's why he's putting on that macho cowboy persona, to compensate for his natural weakness

English translation of 'cerone'
masculine noun: greasepaint

Aggressive boxers are kryptonite for Jackson-Wink fighters. This is why I think Rumble would beat Jones.

Looks like Cerrone is in the twilight of his career. He seemed slower and couldn't slip jabs he would avoid in the past
He's 34 and taken a lot of punishment. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has. Rory Macdonald will have a very short career if he has too many wars in bellator.

When you're after the gold, sooner or later you will have to face adversity and overcome it.
Cerrone is a good fighter, well rounded and with good skils but...he folds too quickly.
Once he's cornered, hurt and put in a bad spot he's just uncapable to react!

And people saying Conor's a quitter, well Conor withstood a groundbeating against Mendes, escaped
a fucking close guillottine, got back to his feet and did what he had to do.

First Diaz fight he was hurt badly and went for a lame TD but the second one, although gassed, he managed to come back and found the strenght to outmatch Diaz.

This is not to say that Conor is the one with the most heart, I could name many others who have more heart than Conor....but he gets so much shit for hit, whilst fighters like Cerrone don't, just because they are expected to lose some and win some.

This time Donald's performance was very disappointing and he basically curled up and quit.

Can you imagine someone like Jones, Cormier, Conor, Aldo or Cruz doing that? no and that's why they are champs
You think Cowboy Cerrone gives a shit about being champion?

He was never going to be champion in the UFC because he isn't good enough. Why do you think he's fighting at 170 and taking fights against anyone...

MONEY!

That's all that matters to him.

And guess what, being a guy with 18 FOTN bonuses and a respected veteran is damn good enough.

cowboy picking up a cheque today nothing more. sad, but hes totes shopworn probz

Back