That's on your wishlist for the next console generation?

Microsoft actually having good exclusives

<2>

what are the recommended settings?

I would google it. The Mtu needs to be played with a bit and I use googles dns I believe. As soon as you start loosing packets you can drop 90% on you dl speed for whatever reason

I would google it. The Mtu needs to be played with a bit and I use googles dns I believe. As soon as you start loosing packets you can drop 90% on you dl speed for whatever reason

I can't possibly imagine the DNS has anything to do with it, but I'll check out the MTUs

I can't possibly imagine the DNS has anything to do with it, but I'll check out the MTUs

It does. I'm not exactly sure why but it makes an obvious difference in consistency with download speeds.

Nerd talk has my head spinning.

Microsoft actually having good exclusives

<2>

It amazes me they ditched Perfect Dark, and all its potential to be a system-selling franchise.

Yeah, PD Zero sucked, but that was 13 years ago. The franchise could have been reenvisioned as a cyberpunk 'Laura Croft/Indiana Jones/James Bond' hybrid. But idiots at Rare, now owned by Microsoft, would rather let the franchise rot.

Such a wasted opportunity.

I can't tell if this is a serious reply or a joke about consoles having rollcages built inside them like rally cars <Lmaoo>

the latter. but on a serious note, my gf is a total klutz and it's only a matter of time before she knocks a console over. so while it wouldn't be cost effective for all consoles, i wouldn't mind that option. then again, if i bought a console with a rollcage, i'd probably immediately test it by dropping it out of my window...
It amazes me they ditched Perfect Dark, and all its potential to be a system-selling franchise.

Yeah, PD Zero sucked, but that was 13 years ago. The franchise could have been reenvisioned as a cyberpunk 'Laura Croft/Indiana Jones/James Bond' hybrid. But idiots at Rare, now owned by Microsoft, would rather let the franchise rot.

Such a wasted opportunity.

agreed 100%

also, the n64 perfect dark was so fucking good. imo, it's the best fps ever (taking the era into consideration). it's somehow still more innovative than many current fps games. alternate fire and bots you can command? fuck, yes.

iirc, much of the design team of goldeneye/perfect dark made the timesplitters games, which i think were criminally under-rated.

Im happy with my PS4 PRO. Im nowhere near ready to even think about whats next. The hardware is fine, lets focus on games.

1. Improved graphics to rival desktops
2. Cross-platform compatibility with PC

As a consumer I'm fucking sick of exclusives, so less of those would be great. So many good games on PS4 that I want to play but I've chosen poorly with the Xbone and there's just so few games that I actually enjoy playing right now. I've actually recently gone back to my Xbox 360 and started playing through the old Crysis trilogy and the "Destroy All Humans" games. I'm also sick of watching how much better my favorite games are on PC... while I realize the graphics are always going to be better on PC it's brutal when the game plays differently on PC as well. Destiny 2 showcases how constrained the consoles are in comparison to PC and it really shows how much more in depth the games can be on PC. It always sucks watching a streamer or YouTube personality make a video because the stuff I'm seeing in their videos just isn't reality on my console... from the super fast loading menus to the 60+FPS it just blows the console out of the water.

So yeah... this might be as far as I go with consoles. That Steam library has some great games and sales and makes me feel like an idiot for dropping all my cash on a console and not to mention a subscription for Xbox Live.

Probably just frame rate fixes, to be able to play the latest format of movies (blu ray/4k/whatever is next); the controller is fine. No fixes needed there.

4K Resolution compatability for all games.
60 Frames-Per-Second standard

Definitely these two. I don’t understand how this was not standard with this last generation.

But my wishlist has more to do with what they prioritize when making games. I would like to see them make nearly every game have a dynamic, destructible environment instead of using all their processing power for higher def textures on a character’s taint. It’s fucking 2018 and there is no reason why I’m a game where I’m driving a car, I can blast through a chain link fence, only to have a wood road sign stop my car dead in its tracks.

Rollcage

I wish for it every year since Rollcage Stage II came out, mainly because it had a great puzzle mode called Scramble for when you got bored of the high octane races. For those who don't remember it, was a lot like the Wipeout series but with cars that had big wheels so you could flip upside down and keep driving, plus they could grip all surfaces so driving up walls and onto the ceiling was a common element in races. Add to that a lot of unique weapons, some serious speed and a licensed soundtrack, you had a truly great racing game.

Very underrated.

Theres a Rollcage inspired game on Steam Early Access called Grip that might worth looking at.