That's on your wishlist for the next console generation?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
After a longer than expected console generation, which was originally expected to end in 2018, estimates of the release dates for the new Playstation/XBox have been made for around Fall 2019 at the earliest but Fall 2020 is more realistic.

This console generation has been good, but in recent years console gamers have been jealous of PCs enhanced graphics (Resolution & Framerates).

So my expectations/demand for the next generation of consoles are low...

*4K Resolution compatability for all games.
*60 Frames-Per-Second standard.

...but is that all we should expect? Or is there more we haven't thought of?

What's your opinion?

This console generation has been good

...seriously? imo, it's been terrible. this reads all backwards to me. i'm still waiting for when the game development meets the current gen of consoles, because there's been basically jack and shit for games this gen. and red dead 2 can't happen soon enough.

it feels like this gen never even hit its stride. if they want to skip to the next one before this one even has a handful of actually good games, i won't even bother with console bs anymore.

Pushing their consoles to be the center piece of users entertainment systems hub. They should even work with TV providers to have their consoles work additionally as a cable box and DVR system.

...seriously? imo, it's been terrible. this reads all backwards to me. i'm still waiting for when the game development meets the current gen of consoles, because there's been basically jack and shit for games this gen. and red dead 2 can't happen soon enough.

it feels like this gen never even hit its stride. if they want to skip to the next one before this one even has a handful of actually good games, i won't even bother with console bs anymore.
Are you ever not complaining? Lol

Potentially next year? God damn it. I just bought an XBox One X on Sunday. Fucking assholes.

Inquisition

Hellblade

Bloodborne

Nier: Automata

Nioh

Dark Souls I(already have the first one for PS3, but they've got the remastered version out) through III

GOW4

Kingdom Come

Kingdom Hearts 3

Spiderman

Those are the ones that I'm really interested in playing after I'm done with The Witcher 3 and HZD.

Sooo many games this time around that look good.

Hell of a generation.

I'm not too worried about the next consoles.

The way I've always looked at it since last gen is, there's rarely a reason to get a new gen console when it first comes out, waiting a couple of years makes the most sense to me. They always end up releasing a couple of better versions and it's better to wait for the library of games to fill out too.

I've been considering getting into PC gaming though. I'm a bit of a graphics whore, I like games to look as best as they possibly can. I just don't know anything about building a PC and it's a hell of an investment.

Consoles are the affordable, simpler way to game.

Are you ever not complaining? Lol

sometimes i'm asleep.

Inquisition

Hellblade

Bloodborne

Nier: Automata

Nioh

Dark Souls I(already have the first one for PS3, but they've got the remastered version out) through III

GOW4

Kingdom Come

Kingdom Hearts 3

Spiderman

Those are the ones that I'm really interested in playing after I'm done with The Witcher 3 and HZD.

Sooo many games this time around that look good.

Hell of a generation.

...you didn't list that many. and most that you mentioned are pretty polar and have a good share of criticism. you're kind of making my point - if that's the best you could come up with, this gen has been shit.

especially when compared to the last 3 generations.

i mean, come on. you mentioned ds1. that kind of nails the point home. if we're excited for yet another ps3 re-release (ie: gta5, tlou, etc)... what does that say for this era?

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about the next consoles.

The way I've always looked at it since last gen is, there's rarely a reason to get a new gen console when it first comes out, waiting a couple of years makes the most sense to me. They always end up releasing a couple of better versions and it's better to wait for the library of games to fill out too.

I've been considering getting into PC gaming though. I'm a bit of a graphics whore, I like games to look as best as they possibly can. I just don't know anything about building a PC and it's a hell of an investment.

Consoles are the affordable, simpler way to game.
I have fully converted to PC gaming, aside from my Vita/3DS/Switch. I would highly recommend you stay away from building a PC. Right now the prices for GPUs are astronomical, due to crypto currency miners. If you want a PC build I’d suggest finding a custom PC boutique online. You’ll actually spend less money that way in the current climate.

Or stay a consle peasant! I’ve tossed around the idea of getting a PS4 for a few games... Persona and Bloodborne, namely.

Don't care PS4 was pretty crappy and then they came out with the pro not long after. Sticking to pc gaming it's better everywhere.

This console gen has totally vindicated my decision to go to pc in the summer of 2013. The console exclusives have been shit, the upgrade in performance and fidelity has been nowhere near what I thought it would be, and they rolled out new consoles like 3 years after the original versions. Fuck that.

...you didn't list that many. and most that you mentioned are pretty polar and have a good share of criticism. you're kind of making my point - if that's the best you could come up with, this gen has been shit.

especially when compared to the last 3 generations.

i mean, come on. you mentioned ds1. that kind of nails the point home. if we're excited for yet another ps3 re-release (ie: gta5, tlou, etc)... what does that say for this era?
I listed 12 games and there's also HZD, The Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor which I'm playing right now.

That's 15 games(only one of them is a remaster), some of them havnt even come out yet and I'm just talking about games that I like or that I've heard are great, I wasn't addressing your argument...

<{hughesimpress}>

Why are you replying as if I was addressing you with my comment?...

I don't care if you don't like this gen, go ahead, I do... be a hater all you want, leave me out of it.

Last edited:
I listed 12 games and there's also HZD, The Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor which I'm playing right now.

That's 15 games(only one of them is a remaster), some of them havnt even come out yet and I'm just talking about games that I like or that I've heard are great.

Why are you replying as if I was addressing you with my comment?...

I don't care if you don't like this gen, go ahead, I do... be a hater all you want, leave me out of it.

this era is great and full of great games! such as these games that haven't even come out yet! they're great! you're a hater!

this era is great and full of great games! such as these games that haven't even come out yet! they're great! you're a hater!
Yeah, Spiderman and Kingdom Hearts 3, two games I mentioned...

You're clearly just a shit disturber. Waste of time.

None of my problems are with the hardware but with advertising and distribution.
People are bitching but honestly the games they want are out there being made just in many cases very few people are playing them.

I want at least 2TB harddrive and 802.11n wifi and good download servers. I have 1gig uplink to the house and ps4 downloads at like 5 mbs because ps4 only uses 2.4 for wifi

None of my problems are with the hardware but with advertising and distribution.
People are bitching but honestly the games they want are out there being made just in many cases very few people are playing them.

such as...?
Yeah, Spiderman and Kingdom Hearts 3, two games I mentioned...

You're clearly just a shit disturber. Waste of time.

says the one saying we have so many great games this generation, such as games that don't even exist yet.

I feel like the leap in graphics this console generation took is not nearly as significant as it has been in the past.