That was NOT a long count ( Wilder Fury, 12rd kd )

I don't think he was out cold. Buzzed and badly hurt, definitely. You don't clear your senses that quick after a full knock out. If he was then he has superhuman powers of recovery.
I think he has superhuman recovery and that ref did an amazing job bro. Watch the Cunningham knockdown. Same shit happens. His lights turn off and he reboots in am instant with little to no loss of equilibrium. Watch all of his knock downs.

It's insane. But the second knock down by Deontay..

I think most of us had never witnessed recovery like that in our lifetimes

Deontards will look for any excuse they can get. Good times.

I think he has superhuman recovery and that ref did an amazing job bro. Watch the Cunningham knockdown. Same shit happens. His lights turn off and he reboots in am instant with little to no loss of equilibrium. Watch all of his knock downs.

It's insane. But the second knock down by Deontay..

I think most of us had never witnessed recovery like that in our lifetimes

Not in boxing but I have in MMA, Hendo vs Shields a similar thing happened IMO, but Shields recovered even faster. I thought both Fury and Shields got KOed and woke up while falling.

No he didnt. He gave a great account of himself. Deontay gave a decent account of himself. But the story? The story is all tyson fury. And you know it.
What story ?

Not in boxing but I have in MMA, Hendo vs Shields a similar thing happened IMO, but Shields recovered even faster. I thought both Fury and Shields got KOed and woke up while falling.
Yea fury gets flash kod like his body was built for fighting. Can't remember in that fight. I watched it and it was shit hot but I can't remember shields being knocked down. It was in strikeforce yea?

Lol I remeber the adverts for that and they didn't even use shields in them. It was all hendo and he lost lol

Yea fury gets flash kod like his body was built for fighting. Can't remember in that fight. I watched it and it was shit hot but I can't remember shields being knocked down. It was in strikeforce yea?

Lol I remeber the adverts for that and they didn't even use shields in them. It was all hendo and he lost lol

Yeah, he got KOed by Hendo's right hand and falls face forward and while falling he wakes up in time to put his hands up to brace his fall. I thought Fury was out when he hit the canvas the first time in round 12 but when I saw the knock down from behind it's clear that he woke up while falling cause he braces his neck so his head doesn't sort of whiplash hard into the canvas.

What story ?
The public perception story. This is like a rocky story here. Tell me he hasn't won over the public and a lot more fans and furthered his own career and name value?

He gone from seemingly not liked coke head alcoholic suicidal maniac to losing 150 pounds gettimg back in the ring fighting two cans and then drawing with the heavyweight champion..

If you don't thinks furys stock has risen then I don't know what to say.

The public perception story. This is like a rocky story here. Tell me he hasn't won over the public and a lot more fans and furthered his own career and name value?

He gone from seemingly not liked coke head alcoholic suicidal maniac to losing 150 pounds gettimg back im the ring fightimg two cans and then drawing with the heavyweight champion..

If you don't thinks furys stock has risen then I don't know what to say.
I didnt say his stock didnt rise. Fury looked great and has boss level recovery.

I don't think he was out cold. Buzzed and badly hurt, definitely. You don't clear your senses that quick after a full knock out. If he was then he has superhuman powers of recovery.

This is what Fury had to say about getting blasted by Wilder.

What story ?

In order...

- Be guy whos mostly known for punching himself in the face
- Go to Germany to dethrone Wlad in a huge upset
- Make controversial remarks, be villified by media instead of considered a hero.
- Disappear for years, balloon up to 400lbs, fade into irrelevance, people start to think the Wlad win was a one off.
- Come back still clearly out of shape, look terrible against bums, everyone thinks youre done
- Quickly sign a fight with 40-0 top HW on US soil a few months away when nobody thinks you're remotely ready and are just cashing out.
- Proceed to take that guy to school, display one of the all time great recoveries from a knockdown in literally the final round in the process.
- Finally get the adulation that you should have gotten the first time, now in the US as well as the UK.

Seriously all you need to add now is Fury winning the WBC belt in the Wilder rematch before unifying them all vs AJ at Wembley and you've got a fucking movie. Its even got AJ the big villain and final boss who took his belts, his spotlight and the adulation of the public while he was at home depressed and fat.

AJ vs Wilder makes no sense after Wilder vs Fury, if AJ fights either of them next it should be the one that about 90% think won which is Fury.
Totally agree AJ is fighting neither of them in APril

Totally agree AJ is fighting neither of them in APril

Probably not but it seems the way both sides are talking about a rematch that it doesn't seem to be mandatory in the contract in the case of a Draw. Both Fury and his team and Wilder and his team have mentioned fighting AJ next instead of a rematch so it seems a rematch isn't mandatory in the case of a draw(which might be why it was a draw instead of a Fury win).

Probably not but it seems the way both sides are talking about a rematch that it doesn't seem to be mandatory in the contract in the case of a Draw. Both Fury and his team and Wilder and his team have mentioned fighting AJ next instead of a rematch so it seems a rematch isn't mandatory in the case of a draw(which might be why it was a draw instead of a Fury win).

AJ is still the big payday for both.

As it was draw and title defence WBC should order a mandatory rematch esp given the controversial (in some peoples opinion) scoring.

As it was draw and title defence WBC should order a mandatory rematch esp given the controversial (in some peoples opinion) scoring.

I agree that it makes sense for them to order a mandatory rematch but from what both sides have said about who they are fighting next it sounds like it wasn't written into the contract. It was written into the contract that there would be a rematch if Fury won though. It's kind of odd but it doesn't seem that clause applied to draws. I might be wrong as I haven't seen the contract but i'm going by all the info I have and it seems that contract clause doesn't apply to a draw for some reason.

I agree that it makes sense for them to order a mandatory rematch but from what both sides have said about who they are fighting next it sounds like it wasn't written into the contract. It was written into the contract that there would be a rematch if Fury won though. It's kind of odd but it doesn't seem that clause applied to draws. I might be wrong as I haven't seen the contract but i'm going by all the info I have and it seems that contract clause doesn't apply to a draw for some reason.
I think that's right there was no mention of draws I was told......WBC should order it

Maybe.

I see Wilder/Fury rematch for big bucks, and AJ/Whyte rematch for even bigger bucks. Winners fight late next year.

Really good storylines and huge $ that sets up a massive show.

I bet both teams have been in discussion about it without broadcasting it on every interview. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was announced in the next couple of weeks.

Fury and Wilder are independent of AJ now after Saturday's fight. They would sell out Wembley twice over.

AJ's stock will only continue to fall the longer he ducks Fury and Wilder. It's clearly going to be Whyte or Chisora in April and people will be more interested in a potential Fury/Wilder rematch.

The count was 100% fine

Great reffing imo

Old school reffing
Amen.

The ref let the fight go on. Did his job and nothing more.

Fury discussed in one of his post fight interviews that the ref said, "I'm gonna let yuh's fight and if someone gets knocked down I'm gonna give them a full count to get up and as long as they tell me they can fight and they aren't wobbling on their legs they can continue."

He said the ref told him to move left and move right (which you see Fury do) and he did so without issue and was clearly able to continue.

Unbelievable recovery by Fury. Hats off.

And the ref did his job PERFECTLY.

He did not affect the outcome and let the fighters and the corrupt judges determine a winner, which is the best you can hope for from a ref.

Back