That was NOT a long count ( Wilder Fury, 12rd kd )

The Penetrator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This talk needs to stop simply cause it is so easy to check.

Get a stopwatch on your cellphone, play the video, and start the stopwatch at the very moment Tyson hits the floor.

At 9th second, Tyson is standing firmly on his feet, not wobbling left or right, eyes staring directly into ref, seems absolutely fine.

Not to mention usually counts in boxing arent as precise as a stopwatch, although they got the dudes that count in corners, there usually is some leeway.

Just wanted to clear it up, since i see many people complain it was a long count without actually checking it.

Cheers!

People screaming long counts are salty Deontay fans anyways. Real winner and the public's winner is Tyson. He will get a heroes welcome here. We will make sure of it

Havent seen anyone complaining about the count. Count was fine imo.

The only arguments Ive really seen is whether he was out or not. I think its fair (and accurate) to say that he was out and (obviously) recovered. Fine job by the ref, and waiving it off when he was out on his back would have been fine too.

Nothing to be salty about. Epic roller coaster of a fight and we will probably get to enjoy seeing a rematch.

Just watched it and was actually surprised the ref comes in at the 3 count and seemed fast as fuck. Thought it was Earl Hebner reffin' for a second.

Tyson v Douglas - Douglas floored. Now that was a long count. Did Dave Hebner ref that one?

The only arguments Ive really seen is whether he was out or not. I think its fair (and accurate) to say that he was out and (obviously) recovered. Fine job by the ref, and waiving it off when he was out on his back would have been fine too.

Nothing to be salty about. Epic roller coaster of a fight and we will probably get to enjoy seeing a rematch.
Trust, there are some crazy people. There are also some crazy people saying the first knock down was to the back of the head.

Too many crazy people..

I am fairly sure ref was talking to wilder when he was on the floor which is why it wasn't waved off. When the ref goes down to him he wasn't KO'd. Fury is smart when / how he gets up if that makes sense

People screaming long counts are salty Deontay fans anyways. Real winner and the public's winner is Tyson. He will get a heroes welcome here. We will make sure of it
Your boy got whooped

The count was 100% fine

Great reffing imo

Old school reffing

It’s going to be AJ vs Wilder in April next.

Maybe.

I see Wilder/Fury rematch for big bucks, and AJ/Whyte rematch for even bigger bucks. Winners fight late next year.

Really good storylines and huge $ that sets up a massive show.

What's the norm here? Do most refs wave it off immediately upon seeing a guy drop down dead cold like that?

What's the norm here? Do most refs wave it off immediately upon seeing a guy drop down dead cold like that?
I cant think of many instances where someone has been down like that and got to continue. Conversely, I cant think of many instances where someone was deopped like that and shook it right off either.

Thats why Im fine with either result. Strong cases to be made for both outcomes.

I see Wilder/Fury rematch for big bucks, and AJ/Whyte rematch for even bigger bucks.

I doubt AJ/Whyte 2 would outdraw Wilder/Fury 2 at this point, it probably wouldnt be particularly close even.

If its not AJ vs Wilder or Fury i'd rather see AJ vs just about anybody as long as its a fresh opponent whos halfway decent. It seems like such a pointless rematch at this stage and i'm gonna be disappointed as fuck if they actually go through with it for April.

I cant think of many instances where someone has been down like that and got to continue. Conversely, I cant think of many instances where someone was deopped like that and shook it right off either.

Thats why Im fine with either result. Strong cases to be made for both outcomes.
Even Tyson said he was out cold and some divine intervention happened when he popped up at wither the 8 or 9 count...i still cant believe he did that!! The man is a tank

Absolutely mate.

And if the ref started the count a couple of seconds late, that's his issue. Fury just has to beat the count, which he did

Even Tyson said he was out cold and some divine intervention happened when he popped up at wither the 8 or 9 count...i still cant believe he did that!! The man is a tank

I don't think he was out cold. Buzzed and badly hurt, definitely. You don't clear your senses that quick after a full knock out. If he was then he has superhuman powers of recovery.

It's mostly Wilder fans who are fine with the draw. Who is ever fine with a draw? Everyone was excited and anticipating the fight, we deserved a winner and then we get fobbed off with a freaking draw, LOL ...who would've guessed prior to the fight that Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder would end with a draw? Most people were certain that it's either Wilder by early KO or Fury by UD ...and basically one of the two came through.

I am fairly sure ref was talking to wilder when he was on the floor which is why it wasn't waved off. When the ref goes down to him he wasn't KO'd. Fury is smart when / how he gets up if that makes sense

I think he got KOed but he woke up while falling, if you watch him fall from behind he braces when he hits the canvas and his head doesn't snap back like it should if he were still unconscious. Fury said in an interview the day after the fight that when he gets knocked down he waits till the count is almost done before he gets up so that his legs won't look wobbly when he gets up.

AJ vs Wilder makes no sense after Wilder vs Fury, if AJ fights either of them next it should be the one that about 90% think won which is Fury.

Back