That was hard to watch - Big Nog

He's no longer Zombie Nog because he isn't undead anymore, now he's just dead.

I think it's just about time for people to stop with the "2nd best heavyweight ever" stuff.

If it weren't for beating Sylvia (almost getting ko'd in the process) All of Nog's accomplishments were forever ago in pride.

and frankly, if you take a hard look at his record, he doesn't have nearly as many big wins as people think he does (fights as bob sapp..as fun as they were to watch..were not a big accomplishment)

i'm not saying he doesn't have quite a few big wins, but with Cain and JDS racking up top win after top win, I think it's impossible to say Nog is clearly the #2 of all time at HW for any reason other than nostalgia

LOL don't know where to begin pointing out how ridiculous this is......You leave out so much and discredit nog so much, be fair you twat

ZveotCz.jpg

wish i had the photoshop skills to merge these

someone get that "shoop dat big nog" thread going...... :redface:

I think it's just about time for people to stop with the "2nd best heavyweight ever" stuff.

If it weren't for beating Sylvia (almost getting ko'd in the process) All of Nog's accomplishments were forever ago in pride.

and frankly, if you take a hard look at his record, he doesn't have nearly as many big wins as people think he does (fights as bob sapp..as fun as they were to watch..were not a big accomplishment)

i'm not saying he doesn't have quite a few big wins, but with Cain and JDS racking up top win after top win, I think it's impossible to say Nog is clearly the #2 of all time at HW for any reason other than nostalgia
Here is a list of every single HW champion in the history of MMA before Nogueira became UFC champion himself:

• Mark Coleman (UFC)
    Maurice Smith (UFC)
    Randy Couture (UFC)
    Bas Rutten (UFC)
    Kevin Randleman (UFC)
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (PRIDE)
    Josh Barnett (UFC)
    Ricco Rodriguez (UFC)
    Tim Sylvia (UFC)
    Fedor Emelianenko (PRIDE)
    Frank Mir (UFC)
    Andrei Arlovski (UFC)

Here is a list of every single HW champion Nog has fought:
  • Mark Coleman
    Randy Couture
    Josh Barnett
    Ricco Rodriguez
    Tim Sylvia
    Fedor Emelianenko
    Frank Mir
    Cain Velasquez

So he never fought Maurice Smith (because he was retired), Bas Rutten (because he was retired), Kevin Randleman (because he was losing every single fight he had in PRIDE... And is a LHW.), and Andrei Arlovski.

Nog has literally fought every major HW of his time, with the exception of AA. Every single one. There isn't a HW alive with a stronger strength of schedule. Even Fedor doesn't even come close in terms of fighting every HW on the planet at their strongest. Cain and JDS are laughably behind Nogueira.

And this list doesn't even include fighters like Werdum, Cro Cop, Herring, Kharitonov, etc.

Last edited:
Cardboard cut out Nog doesn't count.

Mir/Nog 2 is totally legit. Mir/Nog 1 is mired in meh.

Nog is my dude, but I can't discredit Mir for being the first man to finish him with strikes.

Here is a list of every single HW champion in the history of MMA before Nogueira became UFC champion himself:

• Mark Coleman (UFC)
    Maurice Smith (UFC)
    Randy Couture (UFC)
    Bas Rutten (UFC)
    Kevin Randleman (UFC)
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (PRIDE)
    Josh Barnett (UFC)
    Ricco Rodriguez (UFC)
    Tim Sylvia (UFC)
    Fedor Emelianenko (PRIDE)
    Frank Mir (UFC)
    Andrei Arlovski (UFC)

Here is a list of every single HW champion Nog has fought:
  • Mark Coleman
    Randy Couture
    Josh Barnett
    Ricco Rodriguez
    Tim Sylvia
    Fedor Emelianenko
    Frank Mir
    Cain Velasquez

So he never fought Maurice Smith (because he was retired), Bas Rutten (because he was retired), Kevin Randleman (because he was losing every single fight he had in PRIDE... And is a LHW.), and Andrei Arlovski.

Nog has literally fought every major HW of his time, with the exception of AA. Every single one. There isn't a HW alive with a stronger strength of schedule. Even Fedor doesn't even come close in terms of fighting every HW on the planet at their strongest. Cain and JDS are laughably behind Nogueira.

And this list doesn't even include fighters like Werdum, Cro Cop, Herring, Kharitonov, etc.

Why bother arguing with Natman? He's openly a Nog hater, probably because Hendo was never near as relevant.

he's a shadow of his former self...I hate to see guys go stiff like that

Back