That was hard to watch - Big Nog

I remember a time when Big Nog had the best chin in MMA. :(

I agree I never wanted to see Nog out like that.

He got knocked down hard twice before that nasty KO shot... he had nothing to offer against Roy from the start.

Hang 'em up or give him Daniel Omielanczuk or Jared Rusholt to submit for one final victory and then retire.

my favorite fighter. this is fuckin devastating. that was the hardest punch I've ever seen and one of the nastiest KOs. nog needs to retire for his own sake.

It's not easy, brother.

I've looked up to Rodrigo Minotauro for years.

Damn it.

I'm not a Nogueira fan, but that was indeed hard to watch.

Very sad right now. I think this is it. ;..(

One of my first favorite fighters. 2nd best HW ever.

Nog is one of my all time favorites. Very devestating to see him go out like that.

Although hard to watch, credit to Nelson for execution of that overhand.

Im more worried about the damage to Nogs brain in the grand scheme of things. sad

this should show just how good mir is. mir beat nelson easily.

Styles make fights.

Just because Fighter A does well against Fighter B, and Fighter B beats Fighter C, doesn't mean that Fighter A will beat Fighter C.

Obviously Mir beat Nog twice, but in general MMAth is not reliable.

He plays with fire

Nog looked like he was fucking dead. It's really hard to watch a legend go down like that. The man needs to retire in my opinion.

It's a shame really, with such an easy win over Nog Nelson shows he would have definitely been Pride champ back in the day.

beautiful

and to think Nog asked for Roy Nelson (be careful what you ask for)

little trivia fact: this is the 4th opponent that Nog and Mir have in common, the other three being Crocop, Sylvia, and Barnett.

Barnett is the only one Nog did better against than Mir.

Mir was beating Crocop (narrowly) before ko'ing him. Nog was getting destroyed before making a comeback submission.

Mir subbed Sylvia effortlessly. Nog got dropped multiple times before getting a submission.

Mir dominated Nelson for 3 rounds. Nog got dominated and ko'd in 1 round.

And of course, Mir and Nog also had two fights against each other in which Mir finished him both times (once by KO and once by Submission)

Frank Mir is vastly underrated (or either Nog is vastly overrated--either way)

How many times will they let a guy get dropped in a single round before ref steps in and saves him from getting finally his lights turn off in a brutal fashion?

Back