That time Wanderlei almost finished Bisping

this is just a repackaged 'hit someone when they're down' argument idiots use to make about mma

I’m pretty sure I made my argument already.

Kicking someone in the face there requires no skill and it something you’d see from punks in a street fight

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

However, if that were in the UK, bisping would have been awarded the decision.

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill (worst decision in fighting history)

All decision "wins" in the UK.

Anderson Silva 100% lost to Bisping. I believe Dan did too based on the scoring.

Hamill absolutely won their fight.

Kicking someone in the face there requires no skill and it something you’d see from punks in a street fight
Punching someone in the face while their down doesn't require skill either.

Not necessarily. Part of the hometown issue is the idea that judges are prejudiced to one fighter. You are correct that it doesn't seem to have happened here. But the other obvious component of home field advantage in judged fights is that the crowd reacts and cheers whenever one fighter does well and doesn't react the same for the other fighter. It can subjectively color how the judges feel a round went; they put more weight on actions the crowd reacted more strongly to.
Funny how that's never brought up in relation to the vast majority of fights taking place in the US.

you see hooks from punks in a street fight too. Do hooks not require skill?

These guys trained soccer kicks. They did drills with them. Hit pads with them. Chute boxe developed a strategy around them. Not everyone was landing soccer kicks as often as others.

Wandy-Guillotine-Bisping-2.gif

Wandy-Guillotine-Bisping-1.gif

wanderelei was still competitive despite the mileage on him at this time. he won 1, lost 1 pretty much until he left the ufc. beat bisping, stann, jardine, cung le etc. had some nice wins in their. sucks he never got a title shot

wanderelei was still competitive despite the mileage on him at this time. he won 1, lost 1 pretty much until he left the ufc. beat bisping, stann, jardine, cung le etc. had some nice wins in their. sucks he never got a title shot
His fights against Le and Stann were some of the most amazing things I've seen. Pure violence.

His fights against Le and Stann were some of the most amazing things I've seen. Pure violence.
i was rooting for stann and cung le in both those fights lol. not sad that wand won tho, im a fan of his as well.

wish cung le fought more in the ufc to be honest. his fights were entertaining

Funny how that's never brought up in relation to the vast majority of fights taking place in the US.

I think it is brought up from time to time. You seem to have a real axe to grind here, lol.

That was a nice win for the axe murderer

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

However, if that were in the UK, bisping would have been awarded the decision.

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill (worst decision in fighting history)

All decision "wins" in the UK.

I honestly could see some types of reasoning behind the Hendo and Anderson decisions... The Hammill one I could never understand..

Especially Stann... one of my favorite fights.

The Jardine KO was awesome too... I was much younger at the time and we’d always end up at someone’s house renting the PPV... There was this total douche bag that would come around sometimes... Kind of a friend of a friend of a friend .. Never liked the guy, always thought he was a tool. In fact, listen to this, this is the type of douche we’re dealing with..

He happens to be at a party I’m at, no biggie, we didn’t have any true grudge or anything-Just never clicked as friends..anyway.. party is fine, get drunk whatever.. about 10 people crashed at the house.. he was one of them.. I happen to get up before most of the house and walk downstairs. On the way down the hallway a bedroom door is open, I glance in and there he is, sleeping, gym shorts, T-shirt.. out cold... about 30-45 minutes later most of the place is up, which included about 4-5 girls.. we are all sitting in the living room area and he hear someone walking down the stairs..

This fucking guy... Comes strolling down the stairs like he’s still kinda drunk - which he was clearly playing up.. and now this turd is all of a sudden wearing his blue jeans, no shirt, has on some of those Mardi Gras type beads on and a motherfucking cowboy hat... This fucking clown is acting like this is how he feel alseep.. and thinks it’s the coooooliest thing ever.. god I couldn’t stand this guy - I feel like now I’d still like smack him in the mouth..

Anyway.. he would always act like he knew what he was talking about with mma... he picked Royce over Hughes he thought Dan Severn would have beaten modern HWs..

He was a TUF fanboy too kinda, which I thought was weird.. but he was picking Jardine over Wand... which of course I stated was a possibility for sure.. but I was going with Wand for a comeback KO after he fucked Chuck. As we all know Wand laid waste to Keith and that was that...

Especially Stann... one of my favorite fights.

The Jardine KO was awesome too... I was much younger at the time and we’d always end up at someone’s house renting the PPV... There was this total douche bag that would come around sometimes... Kind of a friend of a friend of a friend .. Never liked the guy, always thought he was a tool. In fact, listen to this, this is the type of douche we’re dealing with..

He happens to be at a party I’m at, no biggie, we didn’t have any true grudge or anything-Just never clicked as friends..anyway.. party is fine, get drunk whatever.. about 10 people crashed at the house.. he was one of them.. I happen to get up before most of the house and walk downstairs. On the way down the hallway a bedroom door is open, I glance in and there he is, sleeping, gym shorts, T-shirt.. out cold... about 30-45 minutes later most of the place is up, which included about 4-5 girls.. we are all sitting in the living room area and he hear someone walking down the stairs..

This fucking guy... Comes strolling down the stairs like he’s still kinda drunk - which he was clearly playing up.. and now this turd is all of a sudden wearing his blue jeans, no shirt, has on some of those Mardi Gras type beads on and a motherfucking cowboy hat... This fucking clown is acting like this is how he feel alseep.. and thinks it’s the coooooliest thing ever.. god I couldn’t stand this guy - I feel like now I’d still like smack him in the mouth..

Anyway.. he would always act like he knew what he was talking about with mma... he picked Royce over Hughes he thought Dan Severn would have beaten modern HWs..

He was a TUF fanboy too kinda, which I thought was weird.. but he was picking Jardine over Wand... which of course I stated was a possibility for sure.. but I was going with Wand for a comeback KO after he fucked Chuck. As we all know Wand laid waste to Keith and that was that...

Oh yah... part of the point was that he was all butthurt and wouldn’t talk fight predictions with me after that...

I also mentioned one time that Babalu was a good Brazilian wrestler..

He tells me... “there isn’t Brazilian wrestling like Brazilian Jui-Jitsu”....

I was like... well no fuck, really? I was saying he is a Brazilian with good wrestling.. get the net.

God I wanted to choke him..

That fight and gif is one of my fondest memory of Wand in the UFC together with this one:

giphy.gif

Back