That sage fight looked fishy.

fightfan70

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
every time dude would hurt sage standing he would lockup and hug him till he recovered.
he was doing nothing at all in the clinch.
it looked odd to me.
like he was paid to not hurt sage.
sage had no head movement, he got caught almost every exchange.
he has a long way to go in this sport(entertainment)

There have been many fighters who hurt their opponent and then go on to initiate a clinch or a takedown. It's called bad fight IQ.

It wasn't fishy....

While it's astonishing this day in age, but many fighters still have fucking horrible fight IQ....And really, it's mainly a factor of horrible coaching....

Not fishy. The guy sage faced just sucks. I mean he had a 1-3 ufc record while being finished every time. Sage sucks on the same level.

every time dude would hurt sage standing he would lockup and hug him till he recovered.
it looked odd to me.
I'm glad you find the sport entertaining

That happens all the time and it fucking does my head in.

It wasn't fishy....

While it's astonishing this day in age, but many fighters still have fucking horrible fight IQ....And really, it's mainly a factor of horrible coaching....

Agreed on the first fight but disagree about fight IQ being a product of poor coaching.

I know most cage fighters and their coaches aren't known for their IQ generally but how dumb do you have to be to clinch a rocked opponent.

Has much more to do with how you handle pressure imo.

Not fishy. The guy sage faced just sucks. I mean he had a 1-3 ufc record while being finished every time. Sage sucks on the same level.
Sage is a horrible fighter. Athletic as hell and cardio for days but he can't fight.

Agree 100%. Was thinking the same thing. He had Sage in a position to knee his head on a few occassions and wouldn't do it.

How did sage win that fight??? He obviously lost the last two rounds.

it looked odd to me.
Yep. It's staged.

ezgif-save.gif

ezgif-save-copy-5.gif

SetWidth940-tinfoil-hat.jpg

That's pretty fucking bad if UFC needed to fix a Sage fight against one of the worst guys on the roster

Frenchy was completely gassed in the 3rd and tried to lay on Sage in the 3rd to win. It was a close fight.

chin up lad, thats called being tired.

Miesha did a similar thing with Ronda in their 2nd fight. Everytime Miesha would start accurately landing on Ronda she would just randomly take her down. It just didn't make sense at all.

<DCrying>
The fight looked like bums fighting on some local mma event, imo.

I agree it did seem kinda weird. As BOD 2.0 said above, it was super odd when Gouti had Sage all locked up and could of gotten the knee KO but didn't even try. I mean if I was some unknown fighter trying get more popular I'd knee blast Northcutt into retard city.

Who knows maybe Gouti is just a really nice guy or maybe someone behind the scenes told him to not go so hard on ol' Sagey page. We'll probably never really know but Gouti's strategy inside the octagon seemed illogical as as fuck if he was trying to win and/or become more popular.

Agreed on the first fight but disagree about fight IQ being a product of poor coaching.

I know most cage fighters and their coaches aren't known for their IQ generally but how dumb do you have to be to clinch a rocked opponent.

Has much more to do with how you handle pressure imo.

Oh it's definitely bad coaching....

This is something coaches work on regularly with pro level fighters....If you're not drilling this? You're doing a bad job plain and simple...It's pretty much 101...If you just rock the shit out of your opponent? It's common sense to not immediately clinch and stall. It's more or less instinct that gets the best of them, and it's the coaches job to drill this until it's no longer an instinct.

Back