That moment when you realize Henry Cejudo is probably the GOAT combat sports athlete

DS7

Bangkok Ready
@red
Reaction score
I know this place is full of people that for some reason are obsessed with manlets and rididiculed their achievements but Henry Cejudo combat sports resume is as good as you can get

There's only one man to ever win gold in the olympics and the UFC

No it's not Daniel Cormier

No it's not Yoel Romero

No it's not Ben Askren

Henry Cejudo is the man to do that and he did it in less than 5 years.

Not only did he won gold in both sports but he beat the consensual P4P #1 ranked at the time and avenged his loss. And should only have 1 loss on his resume since he got robbed against Megan Olivi's boyfriend.

Tell me someone who achieved something as impressive as this in those circunstances in such short amount of time

If Cejudo had the marketing or push that other fighters have everyone would be saying this but since he doesn't no one even thinks about this stuff. True greatness should be talked about.

Henry Cejudo is the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.

Discuss and don't debate me.

I know this place is full of people that for some reason are obsessed with manlets and rididiculed their achievements but Henry Cejudo combat sports resume is as good as you can get

No it's not Yoel Romero

No it's not Ben Askren

Not only did he won gold in both sports but he beat the consensual P4P #1 ranked at the time and avenged his loss. And should only have 1 loss on his resume since he got robbed against Megan Olivi's boyfriend.

Tell me someone who achieved something as impressive as this in those circunstances in such short amount of time

If Cejudo had the marketing or push that other fighters have everyone would be saying this but since he doesn't no one even thinks about this stuff. True greatness should be talked about.

Didn’t read...
giphy.gif

I’m sure the UFC will be pandering harder than ever to the Hispanic crowd soon. Mexicans tend to prefer smaller fighters, as Mexico’s most iconic boxers are all relatively small.

I mean he has as good of an argument as anyone

He reached the pinnacle in two sports
I can count on one hand when that's happened period let alone in combat sports
He was also incredibly young when he accomplished the first feat and then beat the P4P best and a GOAT candidate to do it again

Truly impressive

FINALLY.

I never see him get the recognition that he deserves. As Joe Rogan has pointed out many times, Mighty Mouse was the best P4P fighter that the world of MMA has ever seen, and Cejudo just dethroned him in impressive fashion. And to master MMA after mastering wrestling, as you pointed out, in such a short amount of time... truly remarkable. He might be the only true A-Level athlete that the sport of MMA has ever seen.

Last edited:

No it's not Yoel Romero

No it's not Ben Askren

The DJ fight wasn't exactly definitive, I thought DJ won, but theres no doubting that he's a hell of a fighter. Greatest ever, thats still up in the air.

I’m sure the UFC will be pandering harder than ever to the Hispanic crowd soon. Mexicans tend to prefer smaller fighters, as Mexico’s most iconic boxers are all relatively small.
Henry is American.

FINALLY.

I never see him get the recognition that he deserves. As Joe Rogan as pointed out many times, Mighty Mouse was the best P4P fighter that the world of MMA has ever seen, and Cejudo just dethroned him in impressive fashion. And to master MMA after mastering wrestling, as you pointed out, in such a short amount of time... truly remarkable. He might be the only true A-Level athlete that the sport of MMA has ever seen.

Nobody has ever come close to neutralizing Mighty Mouse on the ground, Cejudo utilized a heavy top control to S H U T him down, never once giving the Mighty one any room to explode. Clearly the work of the GOAT combat sports athlete.

I mean he has as good of an argument as anyone

He reached the pinnacle in two sports
I can count on one hand when that's happened period let alone in combat sports
He was also incredibly young when he accomplished the first feat and then beat the P4P best and a GOAT candidate to do it again

Truly impressive
I even forgot to add that the man is only 31 years old. This is what Conor wanted to be.

The sky is the limit for young Henry Cejudo, Joe.

TS, within a division, whats the difference between holding the belt and being the GOAT?

if Pettis beats Cejudo, he's GOAT, correct? if not, why?

Back