That fight was F'n weird - why did Chael jump off while having complete back control!?!?!?

He tried to roll to take Fedor's back. He was too high on Fedor's back and it failed. Shit happens. It didn't look like the fix was in to me. It was Chael being Chael.

Doesn't seem like a basic BJJ technique, more of a grappling match move. I have never seen anything like that in all the fights I've seen. The students even laugh when he shows what Chael did. Just an odd move especially on a larger man. Just take the back that you already had dude

I just want to know, do you train at all? If you did I don't think you would have posted that.

Fight looked fixed tbh

Yeah, 3 seconds into the fight when Chael ate a massive bomb and collapsed straight to his back, then Fedor kept having him get up and beating him to death on the feet, I said "Chael is taking a dive" *eyeroll*

Sherdog, can we get some posters on here who aren't mentally retarded?

I never like to say that but damn

Chael jumping off a great position like a cartoon

And getting hit same as always but randomly deciding to stop defending

Felt like Chael threw the fight. I refuse to believe Fedor was in on it - he can do no wrong

American Gangster paid off by gangsters???

Besides how incredibly stupid this is, if Chael was going to throw the fight, 3 seconds into it when Fedor almost knocked his head into outer space would have been a good time.

Yeah, 3 seconds into the fight when Chael ate a massive bomb and collapsed straight to his back, then Fedor kept having him get up and beating him to death on the feet, I said "Chael is taking a dive" *eyeroll*

Sherdog, can we get some posters on here who aren't mentally retarded?

What if Chael was the only one who was told to throw the fight? And Fedor had no idea so he kept fighting normally?

Are you a person who pretends that fights don't ever get fixed in combat sports or are you just upset that it has to do with your aging hero?

What if Chael was the only one who was told to throw the fight? And Fedor had no idea so he kept fighting normally?

Then he would stay down when knocked down, that part doesn't change when you throw a fight, no matter how many is in on it.

Then he would stay down when knocked down, that part doesn't change when you throw a fight, no matter how many is in on it.

Or maybe his instincts kicked in for a second...maybe he wanted to at the very least make the fight entertaining. When Fedor started to slow is when things suddenly started to get weird.

Or maybe his instincts kicked in for a second...maybe he wanted to at the very least make the fight entertaining. When Fedor started to slow is when things suddenly started to get weird.

riiiight

so basically all you got is 'the fight looked weird'

riiiight

so basically all you got is 'the fight looked weird'

It looked weird because it looked fixed. Bellator has been known for having sketchy looking fights. I'm certain the only reason you're here defending it is because Fedor is involved, right?

Are you a person who pretends that fights don't ever get fixed in combat sports or are you just upset that it has to do with your aging hero?
Easy for chael to feign knocked out or tap to strikes earlier on. Much easier and effective for fight fixing.

Easy for chael to feign knocked out or tap to strikes earlier on. Much easier and effective for fight fixing.

I think Bellator wanted him to make it a fight at least. That fight looked sketchy as hell to me. And some people don't want to admit that the fight looked sketchy to them too. People just get their feelings hurt over the fact that it involves Fedor. So they have their judgment clouded.

It looked weird because it looked fixed. Bellator has been known for having sketchy looking fights. I'm certain the only reason you're here defending it is because Fedor is involved, right?

Im indulging you, don't act like it's up to us to prove you wrong

Im indulging you, don't act like it's up to us to prove you wrong

You can believe what you want. Go ahead and believe that no fights are ever fixed for all I care. It was you who quoted me in the first place after all.

Indulge that.

You can believe what you want. Go ahead and believe that no fights are ever fixed for all I care. It was you who quoted me in the first place after all.

Indulge that.

Every person that is replying to you is indulging you

I fear that the hard truth is that they were just both 40 years old gentlemen looking sloppy and tired of MMA...

Fedor's footwork was awful. Strolling around awkwardly.

Chael explained it in an interview a few days ago. Chael bucked forward a bit to kind of shake up the position, kind of like forcing a scramble, and hope to get his arms around Fedor's neck or an underhook to lead to a choke. Fedor however anticipated it and used the opportunity to throw Chael completely off his back.

I’m on the DAZN ps4 app (POS that froze on me reliably every 3 min on fight night) and I’m watching the replay and exactly the moment Chael flips is cut from the fight (11:25 min mark), no bs. I even closed the app and logged back on to double check.

upload_2018-10-17_20-51-37.jpeg

Cheal Jumped his back too high, it sometimes happens , even among elite grapplers. Go watch Adcc, my god. He was losing position , he failed to execute , also time was running out of the round and he gambled wrong. Its all Fixed like the election.

Back