That fight was F'n weird - why did Chael jump off while having complete back control!?!?!?

Who knows, but the ultimate question is - if they cared enough to fix this tournament - why did they let the actual belt lay dormant for almost five years and tarnish any legitimacy it may have possessed? They were waiting for Fedor all those years?

If it would've been anyone else, I would've dismissed these conspiracies pretty hastily

But it's Chael fucking Sonnen we're talking about here....this is the second fight in his Bellator stint that people had reasons to be suspicious about

To be suspicious about what

How is this even the same position? Chael had Fedor's back already.

Shut up, casual. Instead of telling you I'd like you to learn WHY the position was the same, why Chael technically did not have Fedor's back, what the position's name is and the difference between Sonnen's and Tonon's method.
Once you know these things get back to me, and if you've learned, you'll understand your mistake and possibly call me your daddy.

Anyone who has watched Chael lose before knows it was not a fix....he folds a lot.

Which was weirder how Chael gave Fedor the win, or how Chael looked like he never fought before and gave Tito a win?

This is the same Chael that went to war with Anderson Silva.. Making silly mistakes like these two fights.

I'm a little lit up my friends but just caught this fight and wtf

Pretext - I watched every Fedor fight ever … only some Chael fights

Fedor looked a little tired - gassy made me sad. Fedor kept standing up when having guard control. What is he Conor McGregor. Fedor used to own the ground game why does he stand up??? He is so laz and I'm a huge fan but he always wants that quick KO I wanna go home wtf

So Chael had Fedor in come compromising positions and at one point had his back perfectly, could have tried rear naked choke but jumps off wtf

And I didn't see the punch that shut him down but he was getting hit on the ground a lot and seemingly out of no where decides not to defend himself so ref stops the fights

Fedor had some good moves and sambo stuff but Chael was so fucking weird

tell me Im wrong and Im crazy but I don't trust that fuckin guy

Fedor ROCKED him first 3 seconds of fight and u thought it was fake?

Had his back perfectly? cael was super high and didnt even have hooks thats no control fedor could have stood right back up if he wanted too and judo threw him again chael knew it so he went for some crazy move to get hooks and avoid being slammed again but fedor used his hips and bumped him off pretty simple to see

People calling fixed are just mad their american hero chael sonnen got absolutely smoked

Fedor ROCKED him first 3 seconds of fight and u thought it was fake?

Had his back perfectly? cael was super high and didnt even have hooks thats no control fedor could have stood right back up if he wanted too and judo threw him again chael knew it so he went for some crazy move to get hooks and avoid being slammed again but fedor used his hips and bumped him off pretty simple to see

People calling fixed are just mad their american hero chael sonnen got absolutely smoked

I hate Chael and am a huge Fedor Fan like I said

Fight looked fucky

Which was weirder how Chael gave Fedor the win, or how Chael looked like he never fought before and gave Tito a win?

This is the same Chael that went to war with Anderson Silva.. Making silly mistakes like these two fights.

he felt Fedor power QUICK and went into panick mode... not very hard to understand he even talked about this before the fight being scared of fedor power and he felt it REAL QUICK

I actually give sonnen props for even stepping in the ring with Fedor...... I already knew it would be a no contest win for Fedor chael doesnt have anywhere near the striking power and his wrestling is no match for a grappler like Fedor

Henderson beat fedor but i heard around here he was on TRT? if that is true it might taint the win a bit especially since fedor had him rocked and trt can improve ur chin look at bigfoot vs. hunt that one fight .......

Luke Thomas explains it live, and boy sonnen got hit with 8x bombs the first 10 seconds of the fight he even started to squint.

He also hit fedor with some heavy bombs, apparently his game plan was to rock fedor and then just blast away on him holding his head down pressing him against the fence like frank mir tried.

Shut up, casual. Instead of telling you I'd like you to learn WHY the position was the same, why Chael technically did not have Fedor's back, what the position's name is and the difference between Sonnen's and Tonon's method.
Once you know these things get back to me, and if you've learned, you'll understand your mistake and possibly call me your daddy.

Yellowcarded troll, please stfu and stop repeating what other people are saying. There is no comparision between what happened in the fight, and what is happening in the video. Now look you goof:

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Where are Sonnen's legs? He is basically standing over him. He could easily insert the hooks. Now look at the GT video. His legs are on one side. Now fuck off.

He could easily insert the hooks.

It's not as easy as you say if they are both sweating. Chael's chest is also on a downward slope.

I don't see much space in between Fedor's arm and thigh. Chael came in as a heavyweight, and his legs are probably bigger than yours. If Chael has trouble putting hooks in, then that gives an opportunity for Fedor to escape.

If you watch the full video and not the gif you see Fedor turtle after an ankle pick from Chael and Chael immediately climb upon his back. Chael is actually way too high on his back and is about to slide off. He can't post with his hands if he starts to slide because they are gripping around Fedor and he will lose control. Also, I know it might seem easy to for Chael to put his hooks in but from that angle man Chael's size thats nearly impossible. There is not much space and he would probably need to let go of his control and post his hands.

Also, Serious Question. If it was fixed why didn't Chael just stay down after two big shots on his chin in the beginning of the fight?

Last edited:
The fight was not fixed, Sonnen just has bad fight IQ when he's in trouble or struggling. I'll list all the dumb things he's done in fights from oldest to newest. When he fought superior grapplers that he could outstrike in Jeremy Horn and Paulo Filho he took them down and got submitted for it. He couldn't avoid the clinch against Maia and got thrown and submitted. In the first Anderson Silva fight he's winning 90% of it but then postures up and gets rocked by Anderson from the bottom then burries his head into a triangle choke, second Anderson fight he throws a spinning backfist and is quickly finished after. Against Jones and Rashad he got dominated quickly and looked for a way out. Against Tito he tried to grapple a bigger stronger grappler with inferior striking, bad idea. Against Fedor he got rocked multiple times within the first 10 seconds and was losing control of Fedor but at least this time he tried to maintain control by trying to roll Fedor, it didn't work cause Fedor is a better grappler than Sonnen with much faster hips. Sonnen has had bad fight IQ and has tended to panick when facing adversity throughout his entire career.

Chael completely fucked it up.

Doesn't seem like a basic BJJ technique, more of a grappling match move. I have never seen anything like that in all the fights I've seen. The students even laugh when he shows what Chael did. Just an odd move especially on a larger man. Just take the back that you already had dude

He was literally going for a better position dummy. Belly up, hooks in and working for a choke...
He clearly didn't know what he was doing. That is a leverage transition and he literally jumped up with no firm control.

He clearly didn't know what he was doing. That is a leverage transition and he literally jumped up with no firm control.

While other grapplers would budge Fedor is like STONE it is hard to move him haha

Yeah it was badly performed, but that was what he went for nevertheless

How is this a discussion still? It has been explained repeatedly what happened. It isn't complicated, or even that hard to understand under the situation. Anyone who has grappled knows that feeling when you're just too high up on someone's back and about to slide off unless you post those hands. You do that against someone like Fedor, and he rips that wrist and you are really fucked. You aren't just sliding those hooks in while leaning that far up. Not someone like Chael. He took the one option he saw, and he only really fucked up by not pressing with a shoulder and making sure to eliminate a little more space. That and Fedor was waiting for any change in momentum to buck and stand straight up.

Back