That’s why so many wanted Stipe to lose

For all intents and purposes I consider the fight a finish for Stipe. He could have put his finger in Ngannou's ass if he wanted.

TS is an idiot.

Edit: I don't want to flame. The concept of the thread is idiotic. I'm sure TS is a good person.

Nullifying a monster like Ngannou is no joke, but a fighter like Anderson Silva would never have done that, he would have chosen to fight Ngannou at his strengths rather than literally lay on top of them throwing...
Anderson Silva is a one-dimensional fighter and has only one way to win a fight, LOL!

Nullifying a monster like Ngannou is no joke, but a fighter like Anderson Silva would never have done that, he would have chosen to fight Ngannou at his strengths rather than literally lay on top of them throwing pitter patter punches and occasionally glancing up at the ref for a stoppage due to fatigue.

Stipe is a great fighter no doubt, but for me as a paying fan wanting to watch these guys go to war, and I accept that not every fight can be a just bleed dream, but man, that fight stunk. Not saying I’m not happy unless someone’s eating canvas, but Miocic regularly puts in these types of performances when faced with a decent striker. Look at Mark Hunt fight for example.

Stipe St Pierre couldn’t be any further contrasting from the true champ Cain, who doesn’t look to feather his own nest by fighting super risk aversly, rather looks to savage his opponent from the very first bell
Guess you never saw Anderson vs maia, or leites

Nullifying a monster like Ngannou is no joke, but a fighter like Anderson Silva would never have done that, he would have chosen to fight Ngannou at his strengths rather than literally lay on top of them throwing pitter patter punches and occasionally glancing up at the ref for a stoppage due to fatigue.

Stipe is a great fighter no doubt, but for me as a paying fan wanting to watch these guys go to war, and I accept that not every fight can be a just bleed dream, but man, that fight stunk. Not saying I’m not happy unless someone’s eating canvas, but Miocic regularly puts in these types of performances when faced with a decent striker. Look at Mark Hunt fight for example.

Stipe St Pierre couldn’t be any further contrasting from the true champ Cain, who doesn’t look to feather his own nest by fighting super risk aversly, rather looks to savage his opponent from the very first bell

This is a stupid mentality to take up, you're basically arguing against what MIXED Martial Arts is about. Of course your trying to trash on a great fighter by associating him with an even greater fighter shows how little you understand the sport. You speak as if it were some after-school special where everything always works out perfect. It doesn't, that's not how the fight game works. Only an idiot would stand toe-to-toe with Ngannou for the entire fight, knowing that any punch he throws could take you out all while he's standing there with obvious weaknesses left ignored. There's a thing called "fighting smart".

Basically you're clamoring for a one-dimensional fighter to become champ by simply only training their one dimension and everyone diving head-first into that strength. That's completely fucking stupid.

Huge Anderson Silva fan, but he fought the way he did because he possessed ZERO wrestling. It isn't like he chose to fight to other's strengths, he actually didn't have a choice.

What? Anderson fight people at there strength? yeah not true he was always a striker and did not want to get into grapple wars with better grapplers.

RRREEEEEE why didn't Stipe just let Francis knock him out RRRREEEEE

angry_pepe.jpg
Perfect haha

Jon Jones fits that more than anyone or Fedor but they did not do it for every fight. Fedor probably prefer to take cro cop down but he could not or hold him there. Jones destroy Chael and others on ground and beat others on feet and did take cormier down which was Cormier game plan. But at same time Jones had to beat Vitor on ground and could not really beat Gust on feet only he had to incorporate takedowns to open up shots.

Translated: "Stipe should have fought super dumb so my guy had a chance"

So Anderson wrestled with Chael right? Guess you missed the parts where Stipe stood with Ngannou. And forgot about his last 5 fights that he won by KO/TKO.

Silva engaged all of his opponents' strengths? Did you ever watch Silva fight?

Back