That’s why so many wanted Stipe to lose

Stops regularly does this? He had like 4 first round ko’s in a row lol.

Lol at using Anderson as a reference. When did he ever “fight to his opponents strengths”?

I didn’t see him grappling with BJJ guys, he literally was running and hiding behind referees.
latest

Nullifying a monster like Ngannou is no joke, but a fighter like Anderson Silva would never have done that, he would have chosen to fight Ngannou at his strengths rather than literally lay on top of them throwing pitter patter punches and occasionally glancing up at the ref for a stoppage due to fatigue.

Stipe is a great fighter no doubt, but for me as a paying fan wanting to watch these guys go to war, and I accept that not every fight can be a just bleed dream, but man, that fight stunk. Not saying I’m not happy unless someone’s eating canvas, but Miocic regularly puts in these types of performances when faced with a decent striker. Look at Mark Hunt fight for example.

Stipe St Pierre couldn’t be any further contrasting from the true champ Cain, who doesn’t look to feather his own nest by fighting super risk aversly, rather looks to savage his opponent from the very first bell
Miocic was rocked badly TWICE in the fight. He did what he had to do to win but the "balls to the wall" approach hasn't gotten Velasquez back to the championship belt. It has gotten him broken in practice. He can't even make it out of the gym without an injury. I imagine, as "balls to the wall" as he is, when he leaves the gym, he has to go "Hey Kool-Aid" style.

...the true champ Cain, who doesn’t look to feather his own nest by fighting super risk aversly, rather looks to savage his opponent from the very first bell

Edit- I’m a math dumbass. Been a minute since that bell ran for Cain. Do you think Conor is the true champ-champ?

Nullifying a monster like Ngannou is no joke, but a fighter like Anderson Silva would never have done that, he would have chosen to fight Ngannou at his strengths rather than literally lay on top of them throwing pitter patter punches and occasionally glancing up at the ref for a stoppage due to fatigue.

Stipe is a great fighter no doubt, but for me as a paying fan wanting to watch these guys go to war, and I accept that not every fight can be a just bleed dream, but man, that fight stunk. Not saying I’m not happy unless someone’s eating canvas, but Miocic regularly puts in these types of performances when faced with a decent striker. Look at Mark Hunt fight for example.

Stipe St Pierre couldn’t be any further contrasting from the true champ Cain, who doesn’t look to feather his own nest by fighting super risk aversly, rather looks to savage his opponent from the very first bell
omg. your a fuck head.
he has finished his last 4 fights by ko.
he ate some huge fucken punches in the first 3 rounds... and even nailed FN with some big punches of his own... He wad also fatigued... which .. if you have any shred of an idea about fighting is fairly common when fighting for your fucking life. .. so cut the guy some slack for the laying and the pitter patter punches.... or just stfu and stop paying for the product if it bothers you that much.

Anderson Silva smh

Fedor was the name you were looking for

Yes, that's why Silva chose to try and wrestle-fuck with Sonnen in their fights.... though I don't remember Silva actually trying to do that for some reason.

That's some really dumb shit your putting out there.

Stipe fought the perfect fight. That is why I love MMA - it requires intelligence. something TS has very little of.

Did you watch Rory hugging Lima for like 4 rounds with 0 damage to win the belt?

"If Anderson Silva ever fights like that again I will cut him."

"but for me as a paying fan wanting to watch these guys go to war"

What you want is 100% irrelevant, Stipe fought excellently actually. He nullified a very strong fighter who was still dangerous even at exhaustive levels.

Great response brother. I see how you’re using the forum as a tool for debate and not to boost your fragile self esteem
stipe won the first round when ngannou was apparantly so dangerous soooooooooo.

idk what else u wanted from him - he ate all of ngannous wild bombs on the feet (despite every1 saying he got a weak chin) and then he took ngannou down and dominated him relentlessly - even in the 1st. he took down a fresh ngannou in the 1st round it wasnt like he ran for the first 2 rounds until ngannou gassed and then went after him. dude was bringing it to the "scariest fighter ever" the second the fight started whether it was manhandling him or trading punches with him

I've never seen another HW fight as safe as he does. He fights smart for sure but it's not appealing to watch and one of the big reasons he's not a draw to me.

That's not to say you have to fight stupid but when you've had fights where you had plenty of chances to finish and you just choose to throw weak punches and not even attempt a finish or submission, that's aggravating.

Cormier is a wrestler and goes for submissions when they are given. Stipe had Francis' back for nearly 4 rounds and didn't even bother.

If I was to point to an example of someone who claims to be an MMA fan, and at the same time severely misunderstands the sport they're watching....This would be a really good example.

NICE!!!!

Goes hand in hand with his sherdog black belt.
How much must TS post to get a BB in one year? Enough to have all opinion yet don't take in anything of understanding, listening or learning from anyone else.

Like guys that train, going to some shit gym and getting a black belt in a year or two. What they've learned is crap. Would get destroyed by a yellow belt from a real gym. Doesn't matter they just want to say they have a BB to look bad ass. That's what this guy reminds me off.

Saying Stipe did nothing but lay and hold Ngannou is so mindless. To say that Stipe should have fought Francis at his strengths, just obtuse, childish and foolish.

Ngannou threw a total of 3 punches through rounds 4-5.

If anyone is disapointing, it's Ngannou

I guess he bought into his own hype

Lame.

Back