Thanks McGregor, we now know the skill difference between boxers and MMA fighters

Andy Anderson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope he can challenge some Muay Thai champions to show us how bad MMA fighers' kicks, kness, clinch and elbows are. I am sure it will improve MMA fighters striking game a lot in the long run

Lets have him fight Floyd in a cage, and watch Floyd get strangled in under a minute.

Last edited:
Cardio difference especially. Which is weird because wrestling is WAY WAY WAY WAY more intense in terms of cardio. Maybe at the elite level it's less cardio intensive as it becomes more technique-based than strength-based?

Exactly in a boxing ring... Seriously just fuck off back to your hole you negative fuck.

Cardio difference especially. Which is weird because wrestling is WAY WAY WAY WAY more intense in terms of cardio. Maybe at the elite level it's less cardio intensive as it becomes more technique-based than strength-based?
Well if Conor went into a fight and tried to grapple the whole time, he'd probably be gassed 3 minutes into the first.

Well if Conor went into a fight and tried to grapple the whole time, he'd probably be gassed 3 minutes into the first.

Hmm so it's more CONOR'S gas tank than MMA cardio in general? Makes sense... Conor was gassed before round 5 ended though, which he should be able to complete considering MMA championships go for 5 rounds.

I hope he can challenge some Muay Thai champions to show us how bad MMA fighers' kicks, kness, clinch and elbows are. I am sure it will improve MMA fighters striking game a lot in the long run
Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost twice lol.

Fedor raped Semmy Schilt

Cro Cop was headlock KOd by Gonzaga, a BJJ guy

Alistair Overeem, a K1 champ was front kick KOd by Travis Browne, a failed college basketball player

Are they gonna grapple D1 wrestlers and abu dhabi champs too? I mean, its MMA so of course their skills wont be as good in every area.

Thanks to this thread, we now know Andy Anderson is a complete fuckin retard

This is such a stupid argument. This fight was no different then throwing a hockey player on a football field and scolding him for sucking at it.

... wrestling is WAY WAY WAY WAY more intense in terms of cardio. ..
Wrestling is stop and go and short spurts of quick energy/ heavy lifting= anaerobic
Boxing is more constant, repetitive and long term = cardio

Both sports utilize both types of training this is an oversimplification. Wrestlers have decent cardio, but based on their training most would "gas" in a boxing match for 12 rds. With that being said most boxers would not have the strength to stop a takedown and get slammed int 20 seconds.

As the great Joe Rogan once said, "MMA is an imperfect sport" It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to be conditioned in all aspects of MMA. Some come close like Anderson Silva.
Its not better or worse conditioning its simply different.

Hmm so it's more CONOR'S gas tank than MMA cardio in general? Makes sense... Conor was gassed before round 5 ended though, which he should be able to complete considering MMA championships go for 5 rounds.
Well he gassed against Diaz in both fights. It's not like he's gone 5 rounds and didn't gas at all.

Like you said, more just on him than MMA. I'm sure there are plenty of fighters that could go 12 rounds in boxing, cardio wise.

Just because you have wrestling cardio doesn't mean you're going to out-cardio a striker at striking. Put a long-distance runner in a pool and see how long he lasts compared to a swimmer.

Also, cardio isn't "strength-based".

Thanks TS and everyone else that can't stop talking about Conor. You're as bad as the The nuthuggers

It's laughable that it took the McGregor/Mayweather fight for you to realize the difference. But I understand that most casual can't tell the difference between a hook and a straight.

Back