Thais that have competed in kickboxing

Another guy who might merit a mention is Changpuek Chor. Prasert, not to be confused with Changpuek Kietsongrit. Was a mainstay at the higher weights in the stadiums in the early to mid 2000's, fighting mostly on Chujaroen cards. Like alot of these guys he moved to Japan, became a trainer at Weerasakreck gym and ended up getting fights in Japan. Fought in shootboxing against Souwer and Kraus, if that counts as kickboxing.

You may know him from his awesome fight versus Yoshihiro Sato at Lumpinee:

Do they ever use Kickboxing rules in Thailand be it old WKA/K-1 etc and whats the flow of Japanese Kickboxers going over to Thailand plus is Muay Thai viewed different from Kickboxing in Japan ?.

They had the Enfusion Reality show judged by Thai judges under kb rules. Led to some disputable results in some instances imo.

Who is Sibmean Sitchefboonthum? And why is he ranked no 9 in 70kg liverkick rankings?

Who is Sibmean Sitchefboonthum? And why is he ranked no 9 in 70kg liverkick rankings?

A 147lb Thai that beat kulebin under Thai rules thus making him a top 10 rank kickboxer according to liverkick. He's one to watch out for though on the international circuit. He had a comfortable win over rafi I believe.

A 147lb Thai that beat kulebin under Thai rules thus making him a top 10 rank kickboxer according to liverkick. He's one to watch out for though on the international circuit. He had a comfortable win over rafi I believe.
How did he do on the Thai circuit?

Muay thai GOAT dominating kickboxing, showing them that you gotta train some MT if you want to win in kickboxing.

Dutch pioneers like Ramon Dekkers and Rob Kaman trained in MT. Even Masato had a Thai trainer.

Last edited:
How did he do on the Thai circuit?

I've only seen him fight at 67 and 70kg so he's never fought against any of the elite fighters but he's doing well in that weight and is the raja champ at 70kg. Has a fairly standard southpaw style.

Dave Walsh should be ashamed. I hope he's still being inundated with angry e-mails from Romania.

Let's find out why kickboxing commentators always talk about thais having trouble adapting to kickboxing. Maybe i've forgotten some, and some of them probably only have like 1 KB fight, but the ones i know from the top of my head are these

Buakaw
Jomthong
Kaew
Superbon
Sittichai
Kem
Yodkhunpon
Yodsanklai
Singmanee
Singdam
Pajonsuk Superpro samui
Pajonsuk por Pramuk
Sagadpetch
Sudsakorn (i think, not sure though)
Lerdsila
Gonnapar
Kaoklai
Sakmongkol
Changpuek Kiatsongkrit
Jomhod Kiatadisak
Petchtanong
Aikpracha

Do you think any of them were not able to adopt to kickboxing rules due to their muay thai background?
Bunkerd, Samart, Jongsanan, Naruepol, Chunhawat, and Buakaw's cousin Malapiet, amongst others of similar caliber and fame. But a few you listed, did have solid kickboxing careers, along with those I listed.

Bunkerd, Samart, Jongsanan, Naruepol, Chunhawat, and Buakaw's cousin Malapiet, amongst others of similar caliber and fame.

There are chasms of varying sizes that separate the caliber of these fighters. Just about any fighter with any kind notoriety will fit inside if the extreme ends are put on each side.

Last edited:
There are chasms of varying sizes that separate the caliber of these fighters. I mean, take the extreme ends and just about anyone fits inside.
How does that even relate to the point I was replying to? Maybe grasp the context of my post next time.. being the TS asked which Thai boxers have crossed over into KB. TS listed known names, I listed equal names that have had success and won titles in KB. Simple as that.

Let's find out why kickboxing commentators always talk about thais having trouble adapting to kickboxing. Maybe i've forgotten some, and some of them probably only have like 1 KB fight, but the ones i know from the top of my head are these

Buakaw
Jomthong
Kaew
Superbon
Sittichai
Kem
Yodkhunpon
Yodsanklai
Singmanee
Singdam
Pajonsuk Superpro samui
Pajonsuk por Pramuk
Sagadpetch
Sudsakorn (i think, not sure though)
Lerdsila
Gonnapar
Kaoklai
Sakmongkol
Changpuek Kiatsongkrit
Jomhod Kiatadisak
Petchtanong
Aikpracha

Do you think any of them were not able to adopt to kickboxing rules due to their muay thai background?

Their talentpool is much stronger. I suspect they would do very well in KB

How does that even relate to the point I was replying to? Maybe grasp the context of my post next time.. being the TS asked which Thai boxers have crossed over into KB. TS listed known names, I listed equal names that have had success and won titles in KB. Simple as that.

You gave Samart as a name and then followed that up with the latter three, and the final part of the same sentence included "of similar caliber."

Anyway, what succes and titles did these fighters attain in kickboxing?

Would love to see Nong O in kickboxing at 145 against Roosmalen, Salvador, Kaew, Pinca, Pet, Qiu and Wei Rui. He can combine punches with kicks beautifully.

Back