Thais that have competed in kickboxing

wasn't sure if that was under mt or kickboxing. either way against bum opponents.
the opponents were not that bad they were just actually his size instead of having a 15lb weight advantage to go with the rules

Do they ever use Kickboxing rules in Thailand be it old WKA/K-1 etc and whats the flow of Japanese Kickboxers going over to Thailand plus is Muay Thai viewed different from Kickboxing in Japan ?.

Do they ever use Kickboxing rules in Thailand be it old WKA/K-1 etc and whats the flow of Japanese Kickboxers going over to Thailand plus is Muay Thai viewed different from Kickboxing in Japan ?.
There are a couple japanese guys that fight or have fought in muay thai rules in stadiums. The best one right now is probably Genji Umeno.

Just watched all of Singdams kickboxing fights. I know he hasn't done much in the sport and he's out of his prime but I think Singdam is the best at 145lbs in kickboxing today. Singdam > Kaew > Petpanomrung. I think that weight suits him much better than Petpanomrung who is better at 135 and Singdam has longer legs that work really well for him. I would love to see him Glory against Roosmalen.

Would love to see Nong O at 145

Edit: A 145 division with Nong O, Singdam, Kaew, Roosmalen and Qiu Jianliang would be amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all this talk about muay khao adapting to no clinch it would actually be interesting to see at least one of them in kickboxing. Someone like Chujaroen, Chamuektong, Sensatarn, Manasak

Yodwicha had one kickboxing fight against Zhao Yan and he looked pretty good. Not sure if i'd call Manasak a muay kao fighter though....

Let's find out why kickboxing commentators always talk about thais having trouble adapting to kickboxing. Maybe i've forgotten some, and some of them probably only have like 1 KB fight, but the ones i know from the top of my head are these

Buakaw
Jomthong
Kaew
Superbon
Sittichai
Kem
Yodkhunpon
Yodsanklai
Singmanee
Singdam
Pajonsuk Superpro samui
Pajonsuk por Pramuk
Sagadpetch
Sudsakorn (i think, not sure though)
Lerdsila
Gonnapar
Kaoklai
Sakmongkol
Changpuek Kiatsongkrit
Jomhod Kiatadisak
Petchtanong
Aikpracha

Do you think any of them were not able to adopt to kickboxing rules due to their muay thai background?
Put Yodpayak he would win. Have you seen him in Mxtreme

Showing his versatility by beating an Irish man and a Chinese man. He can certainly handle himself on the international stage

Chanajon, Dejrit, Rungrawee and Denpanom would have destroyed those guys easily aswell. Not sure what these fights are supposed to prove.

Chanajon, Dejrit, Rungrawee and Denpanom would have destroyed those guys easily aswell. Not sure what these fights are supposed to prove.
Maybe but they are missin the lab at the world renowned sitsongpeenong

They have trained many fighters to fight on the world stage. Just look at sittichai

yodpayak had one kickboxing fight and he got knocked out in the first round, sitsongpeenong needs to sort the lab out

After all this talk about muay khao adapting to no clinch it would actually be interesting to see at least one of them in kickboxing. Someone like Chujaroen, Chamuektong, Sensatarn, Manasak
Manasak Sitniwat?

I don't know much about Sakeddaw. I think he was Raja champ and got ko'd by Vallume, not for the title. I think the main reason that he was the Thai representative in the 2003 MAX was because he ko'd Takeda in a SNKF bout in Japan, maybe for the Raja belt.

He also fought under the name Sakeddaw KT gym and, like most larger thais of the time, fought on Chujaroen shows during the early 2000s. And he was Raja champion.

Last edited:
Back