Thai kicking pads

Reddog2

White Belt
Reaction score
I've just started muay thai, as there are no boxing gyms close to my place. I'm looking to get a pair of Thai kicking pads so I can train at home as well as the gym. Only caveat is that my GF will be holding the pads for me occasionally so I will need some thicker pads. I've been looking at either the Fairtex KPLC-3, or one of these 3 Topking pads TKKPS, TKKPU or TKKPP . Would prefer something more durable than not.

Fairtex or Twins would be my first choice. I'm sure those Top Kings are great too but I've never tried them.

Top kings take a long time to break in, however last very well.

Fairtex are awesome.

Probably want to have the gf do some extra push ups and watch a tutorial on holding pads also, even the best pads in the world won't save a person from shocks that aren't absorbed correctly.

dont cheap on pads, especially if you value your girls arms aka hj skills..

In all seriousness, pick up a pair of extra-thick ones to help cushion/soften things up on her end especially if you are on bigger end of the spectrum

i used fairtex thai pads at my old gym they're very high quality. the velcro will last a long time. very comfy to hold.

Top king pads are the best from my personal experiences. Very hard pads though that you'll need to wear in.

Windy's pads are the best but cost more... same goes for Fairtex that are a little cheaper. if you wanna go a little cheaper to medium level there are Combat Sports, Title, Fighting Sports etc(around 100$).. and if you really wanna save you can go for RDX, they cost about 50$ but I'd suggest going for the medium level if you just started especially if you train with your girlfriend.

I didn't really want to open a new thread for this, but I'm looking at some pads and I guess I need a reccomondation. I'm looking at Venum pads Giant, made of Premium Skintex?? Joya arm pads, leather. King, Booster and Twins. Venum comes in around $100 the rest is higher priced.
Much appreicated

I got the extra long pair from Kofightgear.com they are made of genuine leather and look very tough. Also on sale right now.

I recommend Yakthai kicking pads. Made of premium cow skins leather, soft and durable to use.

pro0135676.jpg

another for KOfightgear. mine have lasted over 10 years without any issues. not sure if I'd want my gf to hold them (or any other pads) for me though.

Ko fight gear have the thickest but those are also the heaviest I'm ever seen. They different sizes to choose from which is good.

Thick = pros: girlfriend won't get hurt con: shell only be able to hold them up for a few kicks before needing a time out

Back