Textbook Boxer

3 - 2

A slappy 3 and a sloppy 2

But then again I'm not a championship heavyweight boxer so who am I to critique

It's tough to make a 1-2 look that sloppy in all honesty. Doesn't affect his power though

e4oETEb.gif

Tapes of AA, all fucking day

Better go train Mike Tyson Mr. Rooney.

I know he is still so green, but Tim Tszyu looked as text book as it gets in his last fight. Perfect footwork, crisp combinations.

McCallum was very sound technically speaking.

Floyd is outstanding, of course, but quite a few of his tricks rely on his own special talents (ie the lead right cross out of nowhere) and fall pretty much into the "don't try this at home" category.
Like for the McCallum nod

Disagree on the Floyd part.
The crab, and the mayweather a style is very textbook if you have that textbook.… if you are just ducking around trying to imitate his craft without the proper instructions you are going to be at a disadvantage.

Lomachenko, the guy is the definition of textbook.

I know he is still so green, but Tim Tszyu looked as text book as it gets in his last fight. Perfect footwork, crisp combinations.

speaking of Tsyu's, Kosta was pretty sick technically.

Cotto, Ward, Hopkins come to mind. Really love the way Cotto fights.

Which fighter defines the textbook boxer for you?

Personally, I think Finito Lopez is the textbook boxer. Fundamental, very technical, if ever you would teach somebody from scratch on how to box, I'd show em tapes of Finito.

His my favorite boxer and for sure the most text book guy. Also, the second guy I should mention was the late Alex Arguello:

While Finito technique is textbook, but can people also say that he epitomizes the Mexican style of boxing? (not sure about the latter part)

Back