Crime Texas: Two fat hillbillies kill a Father over garbage

When the first shots were fired, Aaron had a bat in his hand and was approximately seven feet from John Miller, who was the closest to him. When Michael Miller discharged his shotgun and John Miller fired the final two rounds from his pistol, Aaron Howard was unarmed. Both the Millers admitted to shooting Howard, who died after being transported to Hendrick Medical Center.

Given the above, and the video itself, im betting when this goes to trial the jury is likely to convict those two of the murder charge.

I could be wrong, but that's my bet.

Over garbage too yet.

Wait was it regular cabbage or that fancy red cabbage?

p_7_RedCabbage_H1805_gi185088185.jpg

i dont really care what the cops come say either - redneck 1

1:31

I think the issue for these guys is that:

1. They put a gun to the wife's head after killing the husband. That can't be legal to do she posed no threat.

2. According to her sounds like they pulled their guns way to early in a situation like this.
I didn't see that on the video, and I don't perceive her or her brother-in-law to be trustworthy witnesses. If the hillbillies admitted that it's dumb, but it would also seem to be a separate charge.

What I don't like about 1st degree homicide is that taking out the weapons to confront him doesn't necessarily indicate premeditated intent to kill someone. Their intent would seem to be to protect their precious trash bin from the mattress (and they are in the right about that even if they illegally brandished their weapons, and stand your ground laws don't apply to public property). If he came after them with a baseball bat, though, as far as I'm concerned, all bets are off. But the video doesn't indicate that, either.

No matter what happens, those two are going to spend some time behind bars.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANSLAUGHTER AND MURDER IN TEXAS
When one person dies as a result of another person’s actions, that is always considered a homicide. However, there are various kinds of homicide, not all of which are illegal (i.e. self-defense), with varying degrees of repercussions.

Criminal homicide cases are divided into two different charges: murder and manslaughter.

To help you understand the difference in Texas, we’ve detailed each below:

Murder

Murder charges are further divided based on the severity and other circumstances surrounding the crime. While many states separate murder charges into first and second degree murder, Texas law makes a distinction between “capital murder” and “murder.”

In order to be charged with murder, the defendant must have knowingly and willingly caused the death of another person. The biggest distinguishing factor between murder and manslaughter involves the intent of the perpetrator. If the defendant intended to cause serious bodily harm or death, or intended to commit a felony other than manslaughter that resulted in death, he or she can be charged with murder.

The distinction between capital murder and murder is made when the killing was committed in a way that can result in capital punishment in Texas. Some of the criteria for capital murder include killing a police officer or firefighter, having been paid to commit murder, murdering someone in prison, or killing more than one person.

With regard to capital murder, obviously, the punishment can result in the execution of the defendant. A defendant who is convicted of capital murder could also be given life in prison without the possibility of parole. A murder charge without capital implications, on the other hand, is a first-degree felony which can result in anywhere from 5 to 99 years in prison and a fine of no more than $10,000.

Several defenses, such as insanity or a crime of passion defense, can result in lesser charges or penalties in murder cases.

Manslaughter

Many states have two different forms of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. Texas, however, combines these two charges into one and has enhanced penalties for certain aggravating factors.

To be convicted of manslaughter, a defendant must be proven beyond reasonable doubt to have recklessly caused the death of another person. As opposed to murder, intent does not need to be proven in order to convict someone of manslaughter.

While Texas does not distinguish between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, it is the only state that has a specific crime known as “intoxication manslaughter,” which is reserved for when a death is caused by someone who was impaired by drugs or alcohol. This charge most often applies to impaired motorists. All manslaughter charges in Texas are second-degree felonies which carry prison sentences of 2 to 20 years and fines up to $10,000. Intoxication manslaughter may also result in minimum sentencing (meaning you must serve a certain period of time before being eligible for parole) and a mandatory 240-800 community services hours.

Both murder and manslaughter are extremely serious crimes in Texas. If you are convicted of these crimes, you could face major prison time and even death, which is why you need an experienced and committed criminal defense lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the Texas criminal justice system. If you are facing manslaughter, intoxication manslaughter, or murder, please call the Medlin Law Firm to discuss your options and what we can do to protect your rights and freedom.

y59s5.jpg

It easily qualifies as 50 small to medium countries each with their own perks and drawbacks and unique cultures.

Only ignorant fuckwits would judge Alabama by their impression of Oregon or Alaska by their impression if New York.
<Dany07>

Dorkist is a confirmed autist.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANSLAUGHTER AND MURDER IN TEXAS
When one person dies as a result of another person’s actions, that is always considered a homicide. However, there are various kinds of homicide, not all of which are illegal (i.e. self-defense), with varying degrees of repercussions.

Criminal homicide cases are divided into two different charges: murder and manslaughter.

To help you understand the difference in Texas, we’ve detailed each below:

Murder

Murder charges are further divided based on the severity and other circumstances surrounding the crime. While many states separate murder charges into first and second degree murder, Texas law makes a distinction between “capital murder” and “murder.”

In order to be charged with murder, the defendant must have knowingly and willingly caused the death of another person. The biggest distinguishing factor between murder and manslaughter involves the intent of the perpetrator. If the defendant intended to cause serious bodily harm or death, or intended to commit a felony other than manslaughter that resulted in death, he or she can be charged with murder.

The distinction between capital murder and murder is made when the killing was committed in a way that can result in capital punishment in Texas. Some of the criteria for capital murder include killing a police officer or firefighter, having been paid to commit murder, murdering someone in prison, or killing more than one person.

With regard to capital murder, obviously, the punishment can result in the execution of the defendant. A defendant who is convicted of capital murder could also be given life in prison without the possibility of parole. A murder charge without capital implications, on the other hand, is a first-degree felony which can result in anywhere from 5 to 99 years in prison and a fine of no more than $10,000.

Several defenses, such as insanity or a crime of passion defense, can result in lesser charges or penalties in murder cases.

Manslaughter

Many states have two different forms of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. Texas, however, combines these two charges into one and has enhanced penalties for certain aggravating factors.

To be convicted of manslaughter, a defendant must be proven beyond reasonable doubt to have recklessly caused the death of another person. As opposed to murder, intent does not need to be proven in order to convict someone of manslaughter.

While Texas does not distinguish between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, it is the only state that has a specific crime known as “intoxication manslaughter,” which is reserved for when a death is caused by someone who was impaired by drugs or alcohol. This charge most often applies to impaired motorists. All manslaughter charges in Texas are second-degree felonies which carry prison sentences of 2 to 20 years and fines up to $10,000. Intoxication manslaughter may also result in minimum sentencing (meaning you must serve a certain period of time before being eligible for parole) and a mandatory 240-800 community services hours.

Both murder and manslaughter are extremely serious crimes in Texas. If you are convicted of these crimes, you could face major prison time and even death, which is why you need an experienced and committed criminal defense lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the Texas criminal justice system. If you are facing manslaughter, intoxication manslaughter, or murder, please call the Medlin Law Firm to discuss your options and what we can do to protect your rights and freedom.

y59s5.jpg
Do I get Internet points for having posted this information before in the WR?

I don't know man. The kid was being an ass, but that old man was calm, and not escalating shit. That crazy unarmed asshole is a walking billboard for gun owners. That psyco would have likely beat the old man to death with that baseball bat if he wasn't armed.

Look to me that this guy was dumping this mattress in this guys alley, and he came out armed to stop him. Your stupid if you go out there to stop him not armed. So you can let the guy dump his shit in your alley, or confront him armed.

That unarmed psyco had big balls, and he won a big ball prize.
My view is that the guy in the orange shirt is the usual bully that thinks he can get his way because he is physically imposing. Stopping that kind of douche bag is exactly the point of guns.
Once in a while you also hear some of these guys saying that if you carry a gun you're not a real man and that real men fight with their fists. Easy to say so when you're 6'4" and over 200lbs.

I watched the video. That was a good shoot if he was wielding a bat, IMO. No charges should have been filed at all. Them being called "fat hillbillies" does not mean they forfeit their right to self-defense under the law.

Just in case anyone missed it in this 12 page thread the 2 members of the Well Regulated Militia were rearrested and are now being held at $250,000 bail each.

Darwin award winner there

Threatening two armed guys with a baseball bat. Muppet

He got the bat after they went for iron.

Please familiarise yourself with the story

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218869775.html

“We had thrown out a twin mattress and placed it in a dumpster in our alley a few days before the shooting,” Box said. “You have to have the mattress in the dumpster or they will not haul it away.”

On the morning of Sept. 1, Box and Howard were in their backyard when they saw the mattress was on their property. Howard tossed it back in the dumpster.

Box said that’s when John Miller came to the alley, pulled the mattress out of the dumpster and tossed it back on Howard’s property.

Howard told Miller to put it back in the dumpster. Miller cursed at Howard and told him he wasn’t going to do that, Box said.

“That’s when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,” she said. Box noted that Howard’s nieces and nephews had been with them in the backyard.

“Aaron goes into papa bear mode,” Box told the Star-Telegram. “A man has just pulled a gun on his wife, his brother, his nieces and nephews.”

A tense conversation ensues between Howard, who is not armed, and John and Michael Miller, who arrives on the scene armed with a shotgun.

Howard threatens to kill the Millers, and the Millers repeatedly curse at Howard, according to the video.

As tempers flare, Box steps in between her husband and John Miller. Howard’s brother has handed him a baseball bat by this time, but he never swung it, his wife said.

“If you come within 3 feet of me, I’m going to kill you,” Miller tells Howard. Seconds later, two gunshots are heard. The video also shows Michael Miller firing the shotgun after the first two shots are fired.

Write down their license plate and call the police, record them illegally dumping.

Assuming that hasn't been done yet of course.

I hav’nt made it through the thread, yet but I have the same question that @Madmick had.

Why is putting a mattres in the shared trash bin considered illegal dumping?

Back