Law Texas speech pathologist fired from public school for refusing to sign pro-Israel pledge

Because the elephant in the room is not constitutional violation, but Jews/zionists/israel special interests somehow getting a clause in public school employment contracts that says if you want the job, you cannot infringe on Israel.

@ScottE

What you're describing is unequivocally a 1st Amendment issue. The government is compelling speech (boycotts fall under that) in this instance.

What does this even mean????
It means that contractors hire people with an expectation that they don't hurt their business.

She was hired by people to educate arabic immigrants. Makes sense to me that you don't want a radical in that position.

It means that contractors hire people with an expectation that they don't hurt their business.

She was hired by people to educate arabic immigrants. Makes sense to me that you don't want a radical in that position.

Not supporting Israel is not remotely close to being a radical anything. Nor would you even make mention of such if she weren't a Muslim.

Not supporting Israel is not remotely close to being a radical anything. Nor would you even make mention of such if she weren't a Muslim.
The OP is pretty specific about what they are asking. It doesn't say she has to support israel. Just that she can't fuck with them while under contract to this company. Honestly doesn't seem that unusual, other than its oddly specific.

I don't care that she's a muslim. I have no dog in the anti jew fight. I'm not jewish and feel no kinship with them. This is just common sense.

The OP is pretty specific about what they are asking. It doesn't say she has to support israel. Just that she can't fuck with them while under contract to this company. Honestly doesn't seem that unusual, other than its oddly specific.

I don't care that she's a muslim. I have no dog in the anti jew fight. I'm not jewish and feel no kinship with them. This is just common sense.

By under contract to this company you mean the school district, which is a governmental entity. And by specific you mean as broad to include any action that may negatively impact the economy of Israel.

The idea that you think boycotting an Israeli company is being radicalized or that it is not odd that the government be compelling citizens to avoid speech in relation to a foreign government is wackadoo.

By under contract to this company you mean the school district, which is a governmental entity. And by specific you mean as broad to include any action that may negatively impact the economy of Israel.

The idea that you think boycotting an Israeli company is being radicalized or that it is not odd that the government be compelling citizens to avoid speech in relation to a foreign government is wackadoo.

If you say so. Keep pretending you can't see why you wouldn't want someone in charge of educating young arabs advocating anti semitism.

Wow what the efff !

Not only is this highly egregrious for 1st amendment violation by the State but the cause of said violation is itself a very fascist line of behavior, because the demand is that an American citizen swear allegiance to the interests of another nation. Only Israel can get away with such blatant and utter disrespect for America.

If you say so. Keep pretending you can't see why you wouldn't want someone in charge of educating young arabs advocating anti semitism.
Opposition to Zionism, Israel and Israeli policies is not anti-Semitism, that is a tired and overused trope by the pro Israel lobby. If you think that is anti-Semitism then any criticism of Arabs and or Islam is racism , religious bigotry. Any criticism of China is anti Han racism. Any criticism of Black people and African nations is racism. Any criticism of Germany's past is anti Germanic racism.

That's a strawman though because that is not what he's saying. Not pledging to avoid a boycott of Israel is not antisemitism, that you'd say otherwise in defense of an infringement on our first amendment rights is rather disappointing.

It is not specific to her case dummy. Her being arab was not the reason it was added to the contract.

It is not specific to her case dummy. Her being arab was not the reason it was added to the contract.

No it's just the reason he think thinks she's radicalized for not signing on oath not to be involved in any possible action that could hurt Israel's economy.

Muslim=Radical
Israel=All Jews

"I pledge allegiance to the Triad of Russia, israel and Saudi Arabia, and to the Republic of which they cuckhold, a bigly Nation under MAGA, divisible, with liberty and justice for only the rich."

{<jordan}{<redford}

When did Texas become a colony of Israel´s?

You should always be worried about someone having to pledge an oath towards a foreign country, no matter if they're enemy or ally.

Honestly if I were Israeli, I'd tell Americans to tone down on this sort of overt stuff, jingoism towards Israel and their interests. It only serves as fuel to the opposition, rather than serving any kind of a purpose.

This is absurd. A state in the USA requires employees to sign pledge to not oppose or pretty much support another foreign state.
Talk about level of brainwash. And Texas proving once again they are retards on many issues. Thanks for giving us three Bush terms, btw.

@Anung Un Rama

I wonder if Americans are cool with paying for Israel's universal health care? I honestly think America would sooner pay for Israel to have it than their own citizens.

I wonder what other Western country bows down to a foreign country so much? I hate the term "cuck", but I think the only time it should be used is to describe the result of the Republican relationship with Israel.

This is absurd. A state in the USA requires employees to sign pledge to not oppose or pretty much support another foreign state.
Talk about level of brainwash. And Texas proving once again they are retards on many issues. Thanks for giving us three Bush terms, btw.

@Anung Un Rama
giphy.gif

Agreed, this is ridiculous, bordering on treasonous imo.

Back