Law Texas speech pathologist fired from public school for refusing to sign pro-Israel pledge

LOL okay

tumblr_inline_o02xpbivlm1tqtjgo_500.png

Israel-children-target.png
Deceitful Zionists will always pretend that this conflict is one between equals or even one where the Israelis are the oppressed but they must always avoid actually looking at the facts of the matter to maintain the fiction.

Deceitful Zionists will always pretend that this conflict is one between equals or even one where the Israelis are the oppressed but they must always avoid actually looking at the facts of the matter to maintain the fiction.

Honestly, I've kind of soured on the terms "Zionist" and "Zionism" because of how they have been appropriated by antisemitic persons. The people that apologize for Israel and hold it and Palestine to wildly different standards...I just prefer to call them morons.

LOL this has nothing to do with First Amendment LOLZ. This is more about WTF does Israel have to do with our public schools boycotting or not?

Yeah, when you work for a contractor, you're not supposed to denounce your contracts.Shocker.

I thought this person is working for some school district in Texas. Where did you read there is a contract with Israel?

So scrolling through the pages there are a couple of people who are actually okay with your employers doing this. Lol.

Honestly, I've kind of soured on the terms "Zionist" and "Zionism" because of how they have been appropriated by antisemitic persons. The people that apologize for Israel and hold it and Palestine to wildly different standards...I just prefer to call them morons.
Its just the most appropriate term though. Morons is maybe a little too general I think...

LOL this has nothing to do with First Amendment LOLZ. This is more about WTF does Israel have to do with our public schools boycotting or not?

How is having to sign a pledge to not engage in or support a boycott of companies located in Israel in order to retain your government employment not a 1st Amendment issue?

I thought this person is working for some school district in Texas. Where did you read there is a contract with Israel?

Its just the most appropriate term though. Morons is maybe a little too general I think...

i'm not sure that it is, though. Especially in a post-Trump world where we know how little thought conservatives and right-wingers have actually put into their political positions. I'd say only a fraction of Israel supporters -- certainly fewer than half -- are Zionists in the sense that they philosophically or religiously support Jewish ownership of the homeland, as opposed to racists (against Arabs), xenophobes (against Muslims), and unwitting partisans.

i'm not sure that it is, though. Especially in a post-Trump world where we know how little thought conservatives and right-wingers have actually put into their political positions. I'd say only a fraction of Israel supporters -- certainly fewer than half -- are Zionists in the sense that they philosophically or religiously support Jewish ownership of the homeland, as opposed to racists (against Arabs), xenophobes (against Muslims), and unwitting partisans.
The real question is why are the morons politicizing this non-partisan issue?

Jews would be wiped out of the power differential was reversed. The fact that you take issue with the fact that not enough jews died. Says it all. Scu
Looks like those third world education standards need a tune up.

Not to mention your country is internally weak and has different competing factions. Secession and partition is inevitable.

Because the elephant in the room is not constitutional violation, but Jews/zionists/israel special interests somehow getting a clause in public school employment contracts that says if you want the job, you cannot infringe on Israel.

@ScottE

Hmm, I think that's a fair distinction. Someone like @JbModest is a Zionist Jew but is somehow a lot less extreme than some of the other partisans for Israel like @Seaside who falls more in that second category.

Hmm, I think that's a fair distinction. Someone like @JbModest is a Zionist Jew but is somehow a lot less extreme than some of the other partisans for Israel like @Seaside who falls more in that second category.

Even then, there are Jewish persons who advocate for both Israel's existence and the humane treatment of the Palestinians. There was a Jewish Palestinian rights activist and Holocaust survivor in St. Louis named Hedy Epstein who died a few years ago. I had the pleasure of meeting her, and she was a truly beautiful person. I can't recall the intimate details of her beliefs, but I don't think she advocated for the complete dissolution of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Epstein

Also, I can't speak to the actual incidence of these types of persons or whether they are just a boogeyman for Jewish Americans, but I had a Jewish friend in law school that believed that the passionate support for Israel by antisemitic persons in the South (think Roy Moore and that ghastly "Bernie Bernstein" faux robocall) stemmed from persons who wanted Israel to succeed so that Jewish American would leave and go there.

Even then, there are Jewish persons who advocate for both Israel's existence and the humane treatment of the Palestinians. There was a Jewish Palestinian rights activist and Holocaust survivor in St. Louis named Hedy Epstein who died a few years ago. I had the pleasure of meeting her, and she was a truly beautiful person. I can't recall the intimate details of her beliefs, but I don't think she advocated for the complete dissolution of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Epstein

Also, I can't speak to the actual incidence of these types of persons or whether they are just a boogeyman for Jewish Americans, but I had a Jewish friend in law school that believed that the passionate support for Israel by antisemitic persons in the South (think Roy Moore and that ghastly "Bernie Bernstein" faux robocall) stemmed from persons who wanted Israel to succeed so that Jewish American would leave and go there.
Right, one can be a Zionist in that one supports the existence of the state of Israel while also supporting humane treatment of the Palestinians and a just resolution to the conflict. I'd put @JbModest in that basket.

The irony here is that Austin is probably the most progressive city in Texas. And this Israeli loyalty oath is a state law that was instituted by right-wing, redneck religious zealots.

I am sure it is also right wing redneck politicians trying to line their own pockets.

The irony here is that Austin is probably the most progressive city in Texas. And this Israeli loyalty oath is a state law that was instituted by right-wing, redneck religious zealots.

Whats even more weird... it was unanimous..."The bill passed with bipartisan support of the Texas House in 2017 on a vote of 131-0, with 12 members either absent or present but not voting. It received similar support in the Texas Senate, where it was approved on a 26-5 vote."

The growing number of terrorist sympathizers on here should be a cause for concern for all of us. I can only hope the mods see what is happening here.

The growing number of terrorist sympathizers on here should be a cause for concern for all of us. I can only hope the mods see what is happening here.

This isn't an attack on you, I'm legitimately curious what quotes you see as sympathetic towards terrorists in this thread. Maybe I'm not seeing them?

This isn't an attack on you, I'm legitimately curious what quotes you see as sympathetic towards terrorists in this thread. Maybe I'm not seeing them?

If you don't hate on the actions of every Muslim then you support terrorists. That's literally his "logic".

Back