Texas man sentenced to 50 years in prison for fajita theft (could have got 99+ years)

I got a problem with the sentence due to the fact that rapists and some murderers get lighter sentences than that.

I got a problem with the sentence due to the fact that rapists and some murderers get lighter sentences than that.

In Texas?

Affluenza, baby.

Man that's a rough sentence. Meanwhile the kid in the same state who stole beer, drove drunk and high, and killed 4 people got sentenced to probation. Broke probation, fled to Mexico, and fought extradition back to the US served a grand total of 2 years.

Our justice system is strange.

probably charge taxpayers 200$ per fajita that's why they estimated it at $1.2 million

Affluenza, baby.

fcky.gif

He's probably going to get a job in the prison kitchen where he'll continue to scam the system by ordering more fajitas...or maybe he'll diversify and order quesadillas or burritos this time around.

Well... Until they rape a ho for $1.2M worth of services...

On topic: $1.2M worth of fajitas? That's a Speedy Gonzalez episode right there.

50 years seems a lot but it is 1.2 million. I'm also wondering how the fuck no-one noticed this kind of money going missing, there must be literally no audit process whatsoever.

did-somebody-say-fajitas.jpg
Looking to send a message that theft by public employees will not be tolerated, the county asked visiting state District Judge J. Manuel Bañales to give Escamilla a 50-year sentence.

Escamilla waived his right to a trial earlier this month.

“It was selfish,” Escamilla testified. “It got to the point where I couldn’t control it anymore.”
I know the feeling...
20130621-fajitas-food-lab-61.jpg

I remember when this story first broke. 50 years is fucking crazy.

Him being Hispanic in Texas may have played a role.

I love the smell of identity politics in the morning... smells like... smells like bullshit

Still not a fan for crazy convictions like that for non-violent, non-traumatic crimes.

Why?

Why the fuck does the left constantly stick up for pieces of shit like this that drag society down. No matter how much you wish it to be, people like this don’t magically become hard working, law abiding citizens.

You could put a bullet in this mans head and NOTHING of value would be lost.

Why?

Why the fuck does the left constantly stick up for pieces of shit like this that drag society down. No matter how much you wish it to be, people like this don’t magically become hard working, law abiding citizens.

You could put a bullet in this mans head and NOTHING of value would be lost.

We don't think that killing people for theft is appropriate and are pretty glad people like you aren't making these rules.

What I find so bizarre is that the right are small government and yet want to give the most extreme power possible over to the government - ie: the power to kill its own citizens.

Back