Texas cops shoot man who took gun from church shooter

Shit like this happens in the heat of a situation.

God on the guy for taking the gun and I'm glad he is gointntombe ok.

I'm going to bet the cop that shot him feels like shit.

You kill him and then set your weapon down.

Sadly, this is the only acceptable answer.

If someone has forced me to point a weapon at them, while I'm in civilian attire, I'm probably forced to shoot them too.

There is no "I have him at gunpoint guys, I'm on your team" bullshit.

Smoke his ass, disarm the weapon, take your shirt off, get on your knees with your hands above your head and wait to be cuffed.

Sadly, this is the only acceptable answer.

If someone has forced me to point a weapon at them, while I'm in civilian attire, I'm probably forced to shoot them too.

There is no "I have him at gunpoint guys, I'm on your team" bullshit.

Smoke his ass, disarm the weapon, take your shirt off, get on your knees with your hands above your head and wait to be cuffed.
You wouldn't expect to be charged for shooting the guy after he is disarmed? Why take your shirt off?

Trump would have done the same thing, undoubtedly.

As I've said in other threads for me it is a matter of training.
To be a part of the most elite military units responsible for responding to, and conducting operations like this you must have-
-been in the regular military (some exceptions0
-passed a special forces selection
-conduct arduous in-depth additional qualification training
-after a 6 month deployment to (insert random warzone here)...
-spent 1-2months CONTINUING training to PREPAREA for a counter terrorist role
-only then you are qualified to be on standby teams for a few months prior to next deployment

Summary:

The people who spend their entire careers operational still do a few months a year training to conduct hostage rescue training and still things will go wrong sometimes. So to expect the average SWAT unit or cop to deal with these situations is not usually going to end desirably.

The PD better damn well pay his medical bills.
It's probably safe to assume that he'll get a lot more than just the cost of his medical bills.
As I've said in other threads for me it is a matter of training.
To be a part of the most elite military units responsible for responding to, and conducting operations like this you must have-
-been in the regular military (some exceptions0
-passed a special forces selection
-conduct arduous in-depth additional qualification training
-after a 6 month deployment to (insert random warzone here)...
-spent 1-2months CONTINUING training to PREPAREA for a counter terrorist role
-only then you are qualified to be on standby teams for a few months prior to next deployment

Summary:

The people who spend their entire careers operational still do a few months a year training to conduct hostage rescue training and still things will go wrong sometimes. So to expect the average SWAT unit or cop to deal with these situations is not usually going to end desirably.
Sounds great in theory, but whenever you make something more selective, you need to pay them more.

No Good Deed...

It's probably safe to assume that he'll get a lot more than just the cost of his medical bills.

Sounds great in theory, but whenever you make something more selective, you need to pay them more.

No you don't. You simply change tactics, standards and training as is required to counter the threat of 2018. Plenty of other jobs around the US now require Master's degrees when previously only required Associates, BA or in some cases certificate courses- for the same salary.

Police in this country are absolutely fucking out of control. I am just sick of it being made into a racial thing. Cops are out of control, PERIOD, regardless of your race.

I disagree, every job has its good and bad. Emergency services simply make the news much easier. I have a friend in a fire department who used to get complaints for their guys eating at a restaurant because the 'concerned civilian' believed they should never be allowed to leave the station other than emergency call outs. The public are fickle

I disagree, every job has its good and bad. Emergency services simply make the news much easier. I have a friend in a fire department who used to get complaints for their guys eating at a restaurant because the 'concerned civilian' believed they should never be allowed to leave the station other than emergency call outs. The public are fickle
It's weird how we keep getting this "it's just a few bad apples line" yet whenever a police officer is charged for unlawfully shooting/killing someone, the entire police department protects them. The judges protect them, the DA protects them, and they often get off without any charges. That kind of defeats the "few bad apples" narrative, doesn't it? When the entire system that's supposed to hold these people accountable, more often than not ends up protecting and insulating them (the opposite of holding them accountable), it's clear that's it's not just a few bad apples. Corrupt/bad cops get protected by the "good cops".

It's weird how we keep getting this "it's just a few bad apples line" yet whenever a police officer is charged for unlawfully shooting/killing someone, the entire police department protects them. The judges protect them, the DA protects them, and they often get off without any charges. That kind of defeats the "few bad apples" narrative, doesn't it? When the entire system that's supposed to hold these people accountable, more often than not ends up protecting and insulating them (the opposite of holding them accountable), it's clear that's it's not just a few bad apples. Corrupt/bad cops get protected by the "good cops".

But now youre saying the problem isn't just the police but the entire justice system. It is hard to keep up if you extend your disagreement to the state and federal justice systems to be honest!

But now youre saying the problem isn't just the police but the entire justice system. It is hard to keep up if you extend your disagreement to the state and federal justice systems to be honest!
It is both the local police surrounding the bad cop, and the justice system at large that is corrupt and sticks up for bad cops. How many examples of this have we seen in just the last 2 years? How many more examples does there need to be before we decide "okay, it is the system".

Back