Testosterone test results

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I had my testosterone tested a few days ago and my free testosterone was 11.1 pg/mL which seemed low on the reference scale of 8.7-25. My testosterone serum was 838 ng/dL which tested higher on the reference scale of 264-916.

I'm 35 and had blood tests recently because I suffer from psoriatic arthritis. Last month during a flare up of arthritis my libido disappeared for almost a month but recently it came back pretty strong.

I read a little online about the difference but am still a little unclear as to what exactly they mean and if one is more important than the other.

Can you break it down for me? Thx

Last edited:
Hi,

I had my testosterone tested a few days ago and my free testosterone was 11.1 pg/mL which seemed low on the reference scale of 8.7-25. My testosterone serum was 838 ng/dL which tested higher on the reference scale of 264-916.

I'm 35 and had blood tests recently because I suffer from psoriatic arthritis. Last month during a flare up of arthritis my libido disappeared for almost a month but recently it came back pretty strong.

I read a little online about the difference but am still a little unclear as to what exactly they mean and if one is more important than the other.

Can you break it down for me? Thx

get your Estradiol ( known as E2) levels checked too. often when E2 is too high or low, a loss in libido can happen.
testosterone converts to E2 especially more as we age
make sure you test for Sensitive E2 Assay (Not basic estradiol, that's for women)

The Ideal level of E2 for men is 10 to 30 pg/ml best at 20 for most

Bear in mind that everyone is individual I'm their reaction to endogenous hormones. Ie not everyone needs the same levels, which is why there is a range.

Someone with higher natural T won't necessarily build muscle faster, recover better or have a huge beard for that matter.

That level might be ideal for you or not , hard to say.

838 nl naturally is pretty damn high for a 35 year old.

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it, as long as everything else in your bloodwork looks good.

Total testosterone measures all testosterone in your blood. Most serum testosterone however is bound to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), so it's not bioavailable. Free testosterone is the testosterone that's available and not bound to proteins. If your free testosterone is in the lower range and you have symptoms of low testosterone, your endocrinologist or whoever ordered the test may offer you replacement. @Robocok

Total testosterone measures all testosterone in your blood. Most serum testosterone however is bound to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), so it's not bioavailable. Free testosterone is the testosterone that's available and not bound to proteins. If your free testosterone is in the lower range and you have symptoms of low testosterone, your endocrinologist or whoever ordered the test may offer you replacement. @Robocok
Thanks, but I feel better now. Horny all the time, motivated, lifting weights. I dumped my dumb bitch exgirlfriend and am happy even though she fucked me over.

I want to stay natural as long as possible because I don't like the way a lot of trt guys look with the big pumpkin head and then you always have to take it because your body doesn't produce as much.

Thanks, but I feel better now. Horny all the time, motivated, lifting weights. I dumped my dumb bitch exgirlfriend and am happy even though she fucked me over.

I want to stay natural as long as possible because I don't like the way a lot of trt guys look with the big pumpkin head and then you always have to take it because your body doesn't produce as much.
838 ng/dl is a good level. a lot of guys on trt strive to be around there.

Back