Tesla Executives Continue To Flee As The Company Goes Rogue With Its Balance Sheet

Being a supporter of market capitalism doesn't make you a conservative, so I'm not sure how this comment relates to what I said.

How many conservatives do you know who are not proponents of free enterprise capitalism? Come on...

Conservatives are skeptical and critical of progress by default, so it's not all that shocking they are not as enamored with Tesla as liberals are. To liberals, Tesla's are marvels of engineering but conservatives would rather drive a Mustang or something.

There is no connection between the right's skepticism about cultural or social progress and their attitudes towards technological advancement. It's apples and oranges with that side. Didn't Atlas Shrugged teach you anything, brah?

So much for the future of space explorating

I'd like to see Tesla succeed. I hope they can right the ship because I think they've made amazing achievements in technology.

Just an update they are above 3,500 cars a week. They plan on hitting 5,000 cars a week by the end of June.

They are so sure they upped their goal to 6,000 cars a week. Yes 6 months behind their original goal but still not that far off.

No mention by anyone that Fords F150 production line was down for a week. The company who makes magnesium parts for F150 burned down it''s Fords only source for that part.

If this was Tesla Bloomberg would have put a countdown clock till Tesla goes bankrupt. Ford may still have problems getting the line back up on Monday as many say it was optimistic at best. But this would be a lead story about Tesla on every nation news outlet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ction-and-profits-after-devastating-fire/amp/

But they're claimed by many to be the best vehicles on the market and will last forever. Why would anybody sell one?
Could be a variety of reasons. Some of the same reasons why a person sells any vehicle after a certain time.

Some possible reasons:
*They got tired of driving it, and wanted a change
*They wanted something with larger cargo carrying capacity, and or towing capacity.
*The range limitations of an all electric vehicle started to cramp their lifestyle.
*The way the Teslas are engineered, requires you to have the company help you for lots of issues with the vehicles. It's not like most other vehicles where any shop can fix the vehicle for you.

I don't about Tesla reliability so can't comment on that

Tesla hasn't made a viable vehicle. That requires making a profit, which they haven't done. Remember, Tesla was started by engineers who had worked on GMs EV1 which drivers liked. GM decided they cost too much to make and there wasn't a big market for them at a time when automakers were having financial problems. They also required a lot of infrastructure.

Fuel economy standards made them more attractive and Tesla was able to sell credits to other manufacturers. Tax credits also help lower the initial price. What Tesla has done well is promote the vehicle as something that can help the planet and make buyers feel good about spending a lot of money. They are status symbols.

I think Tesla only makes the batteries and maybe stamps some sheet metal. Everything else is purchased elsewhere.
Viable from a product engineering standpoint. Before the Tesla Model 3 and recent Tesla models, electric cars weren't all that practical as a means of transport.

They are a sort of status symbols also, but that doesn't take away from the engineering. Kinda like how Iphones used to have a sort of status symbol aura to them but they were also very good from an utilitarian standpoint, with class leading display and camera.

I would say I'm fairly liberal and although I don't hope Tesla fails...i recognize they're extremely overhyped. Poorly managed and I personally don't find their cars to be very nice for what you pay. I'm all for electric cars, but I'd rather get an Audi/BMW at that price point. Oh and I'd like to own the car I pay for....
The Mustang that beat the Tesla.

Zombie222-668x409.jpg

That's a sweet fucking car, wow.

CtW Investment Group is working with union pension funds that it says are Tesla shareholders managing more than $250 billion. The firm is urging Tesla investors to vote against three directors who are up for re-election to the board: Antonio Gracias, a private equity investor; Musk’s brother Kimbal Musk; and James Murdoch, CEO of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. CtW says Gracias and Kimbal Musk lack independence and are “incapable or unwilling to contradict” Elon Musk. The firm’s common critique of Kimbal Musk and Murdoch relate to their lack of experience in autos, manufacturing or engineering and their performance as directors on other company boards.

Tesla Inc.'s board is coming under more criticism, with the world's second-biggest proxy advisor siding with investors that oppose the reelection of three directors and want the company to appoint an independent chairman.

Shareholders should vote against Antonio Gracias, Tesla's lead independent director; Kimbal Musk, the brother of Chief Executive Elon Musk; and James Murdoch, CEO of 21st Century Fox Inc., Glass Lewis & Co. said in a report.

The firm also believes that investors in the Palo Alto-based electric carmaker would be better served by separating the chairman and CEO roles that Elon Musk has held for at least the last decade.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tesla-board-election-20180516-story.html

and this:

Tesla is facing new pressure to do something about its unwillingness to remove or permanently reinstate Steve Jurvetson on its board of directors, with one of the leading proxy advisory firms saying on Monday that it was bothered by his “fairly extraordinary” leave of absence.

Jurvetson is not up for reelection to the board of directors, but the venture capitalist is in the middle of a building controversy over the independence of the car company’s board, which some say is too closely aligned with Elon Musk, its CEO. Jurvetson is technically an independent member of the board, but he is close personal friends with Musk, who has yet to say whether Jurvetson will remain on his board of directors after Jurvetson was ousted from his venture capital firm amid an investigation into sexual misconduct.

@PEB you pathetic shill. this company will soon be flushed like the turd it is.

Kimball Musk is Elon Musk's brother with no auto industry experience, and CtW alleges his inefficiency “as a public company director at Chipotle.”

And they absorbed another fail company of theirs that shareholders are fighting back on.

5. Why is SolarCity getting brought up again?
Tesla’s 2016 acquisition of SolarCity was rife with controversy. Musk and Gracias both owned shares in each of the companies, and Musk co-founded SolarCity with his cousins. In making the $2 billion purchase, Tesla inherited $2.9 billion in SolarCity debt, and a chunk of those obligations aresoon coming due. Tesla shareholders are challenging the acquisition, and a Delaware judge ruled in March that they had produced enough evidence showing the deal may have been flawed by conflicts. “Developments in the litigation that followed Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity has only emphasized the need for greater board independence,” Waizenegger writes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eeps-facing-investor-grievances-quicktake-q-a

Just an update they are above 3,500 cars a week. They plan on hitting 5,000 cars a week by the end of June.

They are so sure they upped their goal to 6,000 cars a week. Yes 6 months behind their original goal but still not that far off.

No mention by anyone that Fords F150 production line was down for a week. The company who makes magnesium parts for F150 burned down it''s Fords only source for that part.

If this was Tesla Bloomberg would have put a countdown clock till Tesla goes bankrupt. Ford may still have problems getting the line back up on Monday as many say it was optimistic at best. But this would be a lead story about Tesla on every nation news outlet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ction-and-profits-after-devastating-fire/amp/

"They are so sure." lol. Musk has been "so sure" many times. His words are meaningless. Get your religion out of here.

"Yes, still behind their goal." How many times have I heard that?

Viable from a product engineering standpoint. Before the Tesla Model 3 and recent Tesla models, electric cars weren't all that practical as a means of transport.

They are a sort of status symbols also, but that doesn't take away from the engineering. Kinda like how Iphones used to have a sort of status symbol aura to them but they were also very good from an utilitarian standpoint, with class leading display and camera.

Lithium ion batteries made electric vehicles with longer range possible. Tesla hasn't invented anything new. They put more batteries in more places throughout the vehicles which means they are easier to damage. I watched a program on Tesla's factory on Impossible Engineering just today and they made a lot of claims that weren't true. One was that Tesla pioneered regenerative braking when it has been used on electric railroads since 1886.

Lithium ion batteries made electric vehicles with longer range possible. Tesla hasn't invented anything new. They put more batteries in more places throughout the vehicles which means they are easier to damage. I watched a program on Tesla's factory on Impossible Engineering just today and they made a lot of claims that weren't true. One was that Tesla pioneered regenerative braking when it has been used on electric railroads since 1886.

Yeah, I was kinda bummed to learn that they simply use tons of 18650s.

Is your source for that update the rumor of leaked information?
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/05/1...ion-hits-4290-per-week-638-in-24-hours-rumor/
The contributor went on to confirm that these numbers were straight from the factory and just for the Model 3 production line. Again, that’s assuming that the numbers are real and not just wishful thinking by a Tesla fanatic or TSLA shareholder looking to bolster share prices for a short time.

If they actually are hitting those numbers why wouldn't Elon announce it himself instead of depending on someone on a Tesla forum to make it known?

Ford wasn't in imminent danger of any kind. They claimed to have over a 70 day supply of trucks at the time of the fire. Ford produces over 6,000 trucks per week at it's Dearborn plant alone. Taking a couple of weeks or months off wasn't going to push them into bankruptcy.

There's a difference between rooting against Tesla and facing reality. The continued failures to meet stated production goals has to make any sane person question it's ability to be successful and turn a profit. Tesla has dug quite a hole for itself with all of the delays. In the end, it's vehicles might still be toys for the rich. The $35,000 Model 3 car is more like a $70,000 car with the extended range battery and common options.

Actually I know a number of people who bought the Model 3 with extended range battery, glass roof and options for 53,000 dollars before rebate. The minimum is 44,000 to meet the requirements to purchase one today with required options. 44,000 for a car that is rated at 310 miles EPA range is not that bad. I compared the price to a BMW 3 series car with similar options will run you around 38,000 dollars. You can see why BMW and Mercedes are scared of the Model 3 because it offers 300 miles of range solid performance 4.8 second 0-60 times tested a number of times. You factor the gas right now is 2.85 gallon I filled my tank two days ago and it cost me 34.00 dollars an I will get less then 300 miles on my tank where I could charge a Model 3 for around 7 dollars. It starts to add up when you charge at home that number drops to under 5 dollars depending what State and time you recharge your car. If you fill your tank 3 times a week that works out to around 110.00 a week where it would cost you between 15 and 20 dollars to do then same with the Model 3.

This is 5200 a year to fill your tank VS 780 to 1040 a year for your Tesla Model 3 carry that out for 3 years 15,600 for gasoline VS 3120 for the Model 3. After 3 years that equates to a 12,480 dollar savings in 3 years. Now if you look at Europe the savings are really adding up possibly around 25,000 for 3 years VS 4450 for 3 years in France. These are serious numbers and this is why electric car sales are up 45 percent in Italy and 37 percent in France. They pay for whatever difference in less then 3 years by a wide margin never mind the environmental impact. these are real savings and it explains why transport companies are racing to move to electrification everywhere from car through larger ships.

EDIT: I wanted to add someone on Electrek was complaining about how crappy the interior construction was on his Mercedes C class. He said rear seats felt cheap and his vents where flimsy plastic pieces out of the parts bin. He said his Model 3 construction felt superior in every way though spartan it had higher quality seating materials and the vents where metal not flimsy plastic on the rear seats. He said the front air was brilliant how you could distribute air almost anywhere in the front thanks to the vent taking up nearly the entire front dash.

130 MPGe combined range.

Last edited:
This week in Tesla:

original_124035537.png

On Monday:

Billionaire Ron Baron: We're going to make '20 times our money' in Tesla
  • Buy and hold billionaire Ron Baron says he doesn't care that he hasn't made very much money from Tesla yet.
  • "I think we're going to make 20 times our money because the opportunity is so enormous," he says.

lol

102640375-470408048.530x298.jpg

Tesla just made Consumer Reports history.

The product testing agency on Thursday gave the new, high-performance P85D version of the automaker's Model S a rating of 100—a perfect score—calling it "the best-performing car that Consumer Reports has ever tested."

"It really blew up our system," said Jake Fisher, the head of automotive testing for Consumer Reports. "It actually scored above 100 in our system before we had to make some changes to account for this car."

Initially, the P85D Model S scored 103 points when Consumer Reports measured the car's acceleration, braking, handling and other key performance characteristics. Fisher and his team then modified their scoring model to make the P85D fit into a 100-point scale.

When asked about the rating from Consumer Reports, Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn said, "The Model S being the first car to receive 100 out of 100 points is truly a testament to our commitment to continually give our customers enhancements in range, performance and value, and ultimately a better driving and ownership experience."

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/teslas-p85d-is-the-best-car-consumer-reports-has-ever-tested.html

Ouch... Looks like the Tesla Model 3 (the model that actually approaches affordability for some segment of the 99%) didn't make the grade and fell short of a Consumer Reports recommendation.

The best cars. Eva.

<{you!}>

https://www.consumerreports.org/hyb...lls-short-of-consumer-reports-recommendation/

Ouch... Looks like the Tesla Model 3 (the model that actually approaches affordability for some segment of the 99%) didn't make the grade and fell short of a Consumer Reports recommendation.

The best cars. Eva.

<{you!}>

https://www.consumerreports.org/hyb...lls-short-of-consumer-reports-recommendation/

How does any of that make the cheaper Model 3 "the best cars ever" in your interpretation? Did you actually expects the budget models to somehow be on par with the record-breaking Premium offerings that cost more than twice as much?

Last edited:
How many conservatives do you know who are not proponents of free enterprise capitalism? Come on...

My comment still holds true because most of the liberals I know also support capitalism!!

There is no connection between the right's skepticism about cultural or social progress and their attitudes towards technological advancement. It's apples and oranges with that side. Didn't Atlas Shrugged teach you anything, brah?

There are few libertarian types (they're a minority) and we are talking about conservatives, no? It's not an accident that conservatives are more resistant to science and that should clue you in on why I'm right here. It's not only about social change.

Also, my posting itt have been about Tesla, not all technology.

Back