Tesla Executives Continue To Flee As The Company Goes Rogue With Its Balance Sheet

Investors would be retarded to think that, Amazon doesn't really have any physical overheard. Others pay for their overhead don't they?
They have lots of large warehouses, and all the employees to fill the orders.

It's been a battery company pretending to be a car company to sell it's product for a while.

This might be I signal that it's ready to pivot.

It could also be fatigue from executives.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

102640375-470408048.530x298.jpg

Tesla just made Consumer Reports history.

The product testing agency on Thursday gave the new, high-performance P85D version of the automaker's Model S a rating of 100—a perfect score—calling it "the best-performing car that Consumer Reports has ever tested."

"It really blew up our system," said Jake Fisher, the head of automotive testing for Consumer Reports. "It actually scored above 100 in our system before we had to make some changes to account for this car."

Initially, the P85D Model S scored 103 points when Consumer Reports measured the car's acceleration, braking, handling and other key performance characteristics. Fisher and his team then modified their scoring model to make the P85D fit into a 100-point scale.

When asked about the rating from Consumer Reports, Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn said, "The Model S being the first car to receive 100 out of 100 points is truly a testament to our commitment to continually give our customers enhancements in range, performance and value, and ultimately a better driving and ownership experience."

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/teslas-p85d-is-the-best-car-consumer-reports-has-ever-tested.html

Here is a more recent article:

A few years ago, Tesla seemed to be leading the race to develop self-driving cars. The company had rolled out a lane assistance feature, dubbed AutoPilot, leading to controversy related to the use of that name and overall consumer expectations of what a product labeled “AutoPilot” could reasonably achieve. Now, a new report from Navigant Research has dropped, rating the relative positions of various firms racing to develop self-driving cars — and it ranks Tesla dead last, behind the entire field. Even Uber ranks better, which has to be particularly galling, given that company’s various legal problems, accusations of IP theft, overall treatment of drivers, and customer privacy concerns.

$

They are good at batteries. That is it.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/262510-new-report-self-driving-cars-ranks-tesla-dead-last

It's been a battery company pretending to be a car company to sell it's product for a while.

This might be I signal that it's ready to pivot.

It could also be fatigue from executives.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Just beat me to it. Their batteries are best in class. But everything is still riding on the Model. 3.

Jim Keller leaving is by far their biggest blow to date

He wasn't even on the list. lol. Ya, that's a big one. Musk is supposedly very hard to work for. I mean, if all these people are leaving, when is the problem not everyone else but you?

Just beat me to it. Their batteries are best in class. But everything is still riding on the Model. 3.

That's why I don't think they are doomed as much positioned for a pivot especially with oil going up.

Is their battery tech proprietary?

The only person I know with the Tesla is a smug prick who likes the smell of his own farts.

That's all I have that contribute to this thread.

Forgive my ignorance but could someone explain why they simply can't operate a profit? It's an electric car, not rocket science. Where is the R&D going?

Unfortunate as Tesla hasmade arguably the greatest vehicles in history. Maybe the feds will bail them out like they did GM and Chrysler

I find it odd and kinda sad that people root against Tesla and Musk. If you can't at least admire what he's done and is trying to do in an industry that hasn't changed in decades you're probably just a bitter asshole.
Truth is in the middle.

That's why I don't think they are doomed as much positioned for a pivot especially with oil going up.

Is their battery tech proprietary?
He open sourced a bunch of patents a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if the battery patent was included or not.

So operating income?

Operating income is a measure of income. COR is a measure of costs.

Not commenting on TSLA specifically, BTW. Just saying that COR is a thing.

I don't really follow TSLA because I don't think that the accounting really matters for them, but does anyone know what happened to accounting bookings, and especially accounting bookings to sales? Dropped to .754 in the most recent quarter, while it's generally been over 1. Similar drop in cash received from customers (down 17% YOY on a three-month basis, while rev was up 26%). Probably a good explanation, but I don't know it.

Last edited:
He open sourced a bunch of patents a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if the battery patent was included or not.

If he opened sources his battery tech knowing it would hurt profits he might be one of the greatest humanitarians in history....

Horrible CEO lol..... unless the goodwill was worth it

102640375-470408048.530x298.jpg

Tesla just made Consumer Reports history.

The product testing agency on Thursday gave the new, high-performance P85D version of the automaker's Model S a rating of 100—a perfect score—calling it "the best-performing car that Consumer Reports has ever tested."

"It really blew up our system," said Jake Fisher, the head of automotive testing for Consumer Reports. "It actually scored above 100 in our system before we had to make some changes to account for this car."

Initially, the P85D Model S scored 103 points when Consumer Reports measured the car's acceleration, braking, handling and other key performance characteristics. Fisher and his team then modified their scoring model to make the P85D fit into a 100-point scale.

When asked about the rating from Consumer Reports, Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn said, "The Model S being the first car to receive 100 out of 100 points is truly a testament to our commitment to continually give our customers enhancements in range, performance and value, and ultimately a better driving and ownership experience."

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/teslas-p85d-is-the-best-car-consumer-reports-has-ever-tested.html
I like how @ultramanhyata just sort of bowed out of the conversation after this post LMFAO!

pwnt

it is cost of revenue is what i meant. The total cost of producing and distribute products and services. google it, it on their financial statements also.

oooh really hope it goes up in smokes. also find that stuff exciting when it does make capitalist world interesting. And like capitalism say something bigger better will come from it. If it really is smoke and mirrors it just matter of time.

Cogs?

Cost of goods sold.

I like how @ultramanhyata just sort of bowed out of the conversation after this post LMFAO!

pwnt

To be fair, "I have never heard of..." is just about the worst way to establish your stance in a debate, for it's basically just an up-front admission that you simply don't know as much as other people on the subject matter, especially when it comes to common knowledge.

I have my own doubts about Tesla's long-term survival myself, especially with their cash burn rates while the Model 3 egg-basket is taking forever to hatch, but it's common knowledge that so much investor/customer goodwills and patience for Tesla now came from the resounding accomplishments set by their premium Model S, despite the occasional mishaps on the road that aren't really their fault (sleeping on auto pilot, anyone?)

Somebody earlier mentioned that Tesla is like a religion, I'd say Model S was their prophet, and it did a hell of a good job in bringing believers into the fold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back