Terry Gross interviewing Muslim: "Gays and women dont have full rights in the US either"

vespasian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Terry Gross: But in many countries that are, you know, predominantly Muslim, women don't have full rights. Gay people don't have full rights. Not that gay people have full rights in the U.S. either. Or women, for that matter.

Here you go: the repulsive pandering of Western liberals to Islam, the self-hatred, the lack of spine. How utterly contemptible the progressive are.

He's not wrong there...but can gays freely walk flamboyantly on the street in predominantly Muslim country without endangering their lives? Just an honest question.

"Dont have full rights in Muslim countries" is a tad of an understatement. It makes the suggestion that they have any significant rights at all.

So is Gross stupid or simply dishonest? She's pretty old and has all the institutional gold stars to ride the lefty high horse. Why does she want to bullshit people?

He's not wrong there...but can gays freely walk flamboyantly on the street in predominantly Muslim country without endangering their lives? Just an honest question.

How about in Malmo? Or Molenbeek?

what rights do gays and women not have, that straight men have?

serious question

"Dont have full rights in Muslim countries" is a tad of an understatement. It makes the suggestion that they have any significant rights at all.

So is Gross stupid or simply dishonest?

Dishonest and cowardly, not stupid. Textbook elite progressive.

Oh are we listening to opinions from a medieval culture? Ha

Terry Gross is normally pretty good, I don't know what she was getting at with that comment.

Terry Gross is normally pretty good, I don't know what she was getting at with that comment.

she was probably thinking about gay marriage, even though thats been addressed now. someone is going to claim that "gays would have had the right to marry the same sex just like anyone else would." but thats not equal rights. thats like saying "you can all marry someone with the same eye color just like i can." silly.

as for the women thing, gross probably thinks equal pay needs to be addressed.

the anchors on npr occasionally show their personal bias, as is inevitable for any human being. npr can also be slanted in what it chooses to cover, but ill still stand by it as one of the better, if not the best, media source in the US. they at least make an honest attempt at real journalism, rather than being shameless panderers.

Well, the glass ceiling thing, Hillary lost because misogyny and discrimination.

Hillary lost for a mutitude of reasons and I'm sure thousands of men voted against her because she's a woman. It's called the natural order of things.

How liberals can sit there and do all it can to fight for women's rights and gay rights throughout history and then want to throw it all away just so they don't offend some Muslim fuck is astonishing and incomprehensible. There's a reason who independents and traditional Democrats are leaving the Democratic Party. It's gone so far to the left they don't want anything to do with it.

Independent from how exactly she assesses rights of women and gays she should be very careful what she's comparing there.
I'm sure she's educated and fully aware of the fact that there are still Muslim countries where homosexuals can literally be put to death for being gay.
It's bit like talking about the Holocaust and then saying something along the lines 'well, there are a lot of prejudices against Jews in today's America too'.

Back