Terry Etim in serious condition in hospital

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So seems like he has had a bit of a breakdown and is in a serious condition in hospital after throwing himself in front of cars & busses. He was arrested under the mental health act and taken to hospital, where he is currently in a serious condition.

Full story below:

A martial arts fighter was seriously injured after running amok on a busy main road - throwing himself against moving vehicles and leaving them covered in blood.

Eyewitnesses reported seeing Terry Etim, 31, running "in and out of traffic" in Liverpool this afternoon.

It appeared he threw himself against as many as four vehicles , including three single-decker buses.

All but one were believed to be stationary at the time.

He was eventually restrained by police, detained under the Mental Health Act and taken to hospital.

His condition was this evening described as serious, the Liverpool Echo reported .

He was a member of the Liverpool-based Team Kaobon but the lightweight fighter has taken part in any competitions since 2014.

The dramatic events in East Prescot Road, a busy road into Liverpool, began shortly after 2pm.

Eyewitnesses who work in a nearby parade of shops first became aware of a man running in and out of traffic and throwing himself against the wind screens of a number of vehicles, leaving him covered in blood.

Hairdresser Andrea McCullough said: “It was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

“His friends were running after him and trying to restrain him on the floor but he managed to break free and was running in and around all the cars.

“He wasn’t trying to harm anybody but himself. He was covered from head to toe in blood."

Unconfirmed reports said he had been travelling in a car with some friends but jumped out of the car, a Ford Focus, and ran towards oncoming traffic.

Barber Alan Miles said he was having lunch when he heard a bang and “screaming and shouting” coming from the direction of East Prescot Road.

He said: “I went out and helped to restrain the man in a nearby car park, but he wrestled his way out from the people that were holding him down.

“He had blood all over him and I got a lot of it on my hands as I tried to hold him down.

“His friends were saying he was a professional cage fighter.”

Charity shop worker Anne Purcell described how an off-duty nurse came into the shop to ask for towels to stem the blood following the incident.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horror-top-british-cage-fighter-9899594

Poor guy. I hope he can get help for whatever is tormenting him.

wouldn't want to try and restrain him to inject medication.

Damn what a fall from grace, he was 15-3 once I remember they were hyping his return to which he answers by choking a guy in less than 20 seconds, must be some sort of record. l felt he had the ability to be a top 10 guy. Hope comes out okay.

Horrible. Hope he recovers and gets the help he needs.

Whenever I hear the name "Terry Etim" I always instantly think of:

giphy.gif

That Barboza Wheelkick probably caused permanent damage; dude took a year off and lost a boring decision to Renee Forte, an undersized Brazlian that lost his next two after decisioning Etim.

Ended up getting cut, fighting in Bellator once at the end of 2013, and then hasn't fought since. Damn shame - exciting fighter but getting finished like this literally can kill your career.

Hope he recovers, seems like a solid dude.

That Barbosa kick made him lose his marbles like earthworm Jim...not trynna be a dick. Hope he gets his 2 tbsp. of coconut oil daily in him to help his brain.

That's pretty facked up, hope he recovers well

You don't recover from those Barboza kicks. Head trauma is a mofo but it's just part of this game, I guess.

Hope he makes a quick recovery

Back